DmC2 or death?

#51marsh90Posted 2/11/2013 5:13:05 PM
Nick_Kazama posted...
If the drivel that is DmC continues then I'll gladly give the series a mercy killing.
#52ReliusCloverPosted 2/11/2013 6:39:04 PM
The series needs to die if it insists on being garbage such as this (DmC). Just put the damned thing out of its misery and be done with it.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#53gamer6879403333Posted 2/11/2013 7:06:00 PM(edited)
Well... Uh... S***. I was going to pick DmC2 without question before actually reading the poll options. But Xillia 2? I'm a huge Tales Of fan, probably a bigger fan of that then of DMC/DmC. This choice just got much more difficult then expected.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#54Dark_EpathyPosted 2/11/2013 8:03:42 PM
Thinking that a possible sequel will be magically better is making an assumption that has never panned out for NT.

DmC is leagues above both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved. Enslaved was itself better than Heavenly Sword. So, indeed, it is an assumption that has panned out for the studio in the past.

I find it disturbing that all of you would rather have nothing than have a game that does nothing to damage or tarnish the original four games. The original continuity is unaffected. The gameplay of those titles is unaffected.

Having literally nothing means no growth or potential.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#55NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/11/2013 8:05:15 PM
None of the above.

My answer: DMC 5.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#56Damien94Posted 2/11/2013 8:56:05 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
... than have a game that does nothing to damage or tarnish the original four games.

This is where you're wrong. The gameplay has been drastically simplified and diluted to the point of ridiculousness. The story was on-par or lower than any of the previous. The dialogue seemed to have been written by an infantile man-child. And the series did not need a reboot. There were still plenty of stories to be told continuing from the previous games.

We would rather see the series die than have it's good name sullied by filth. However, that doesn't mean we want the series to die. We want DMC5 and to see this crap by NT disappear into oblivion forever.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#57trucheoumbraPosted 2/11/2013 8:57:58 PM
The sorry state of the people in here is staggering.

I need to reboot my brain.
#58SilentS89Posted 2/11/2013 9:09:08 PM(edited)
Damien94 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
... than have a game that does nothing to damage or tarnish the original four games.

This is where you're wrong. The gameplay has been drastically simplified and diluted to the point of ridiculousness. The story was on-par or lower than any of the previous. The dialogue seemed to have been written by an infantile man-child. And the series did not need a reboot. There were still plenty of stories to be told continuing from the previous games.

We would rather see the series die than have it's good name sullied by filth. However, that doesn't mean we want the series to die. We want DMC5 and to see this crap by NT disappear into oblivion forever.

I have a feeling Dark_Epathy's post was a semantics trap. Relying on the technicalities of its wording to invalidate rebuttals.

When he says:
Dark_Epathy posted...

I believe he is being annoyingly literal in the sense that DmC doesn't literally "damage or tarnish the original four games." Which is conviently bypassing the fact that DmC greatly tarnishes and damages the franchise as a whole.

BUT HE DIDN'T SAY FRANCHISE HE SAID THE "original four games."
#59Dark_EpathyPosted 2/12/2013 8:34:53 PM
The franchise is the original four games. It's this game and those four. My point is that they're distinct "branches," if you will. Does Mega Man Zero sully Mega Man X? Does Mega Man X sully Mega Man?

Consider this game the start of a new branch of the franchise. For many of you, that already means DMC is "dead."

Obviously no one wanted a reboot. Obviously it was unnecessary. But this idea that the series as a whole is now ugly and stained and dishonored is ridiculous, I'm sorry. A new DmC at least has the potential to be better, even (by a long shot) better than DMC3/4. But nothing literally means nothing.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa