The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#1dillpickle69Posted 2/10/2013 3:50:01 PM
How do you think Nero should be explained? - Results (446 votes)
Vergil's son
33.41% (149 votes)
Vergil's clone
8.97% (40 votes)
Sparda's illegitimate descendant
10.31% (46 votes)
Sparda's reincarnation
6.73% (30 votes)
Possessed by Vergil
19.51% (87 votes)
Distant Relative of Dante
4.26% (19 votes)
Other
6.5% (29 votes)
Absolutely No Idea
10.31% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Before any genius posts this, the novel IS NOT fully canon, so none of that nonsense. Also be sure to explain why you think one theory is or isn't a good idea, I'll start.

Vergil's son: An obvious one, but in DMC4 Dante is 29 and Nero is 17-19, meaning Vergil would have had to cadoodle at the age of 10-12

Sparda's reincarnation/Possessed by Vergil: Nothing particularly stopping this from being a theory, I just think it's a really stupid idea.

Sparda's illegitimate descendant: Sparda died before Dante & Vergil were 8, so he would have had to fathered Nero 21 years or more before DMC4, and Nero definitely isn't 21 or over. If you want to say he had a kid before that, it would have had to have been 2000 years ago, before he sealed the demon world off, and if that were the case Nero would be like, 1/60 demon, which would be so diluted he might as well be fully human.

Vergil's Clone: This is my theory on this. When Vergil was a kid, he could have been captured by the Order of the Sword, and they could have attempted at Cloning him to make an army or something. They could have captured him when he was 8 after his mom died, and finished the clone when he was 10, right before Vergil escapes, making Nero 19 during DMC4.

Distant Relative of Dante: I guess Sparda could have had a brother who had a kid, making Nero the cousin of Dante. People said that Nero had the blood of Sparda himself, but maybe Sparda and his brother are hard to tell apart? It sounds kind of dumb, but it seems like it could work if there's nothing else.

And yes, I'm thinking about this because I started replaying DMC4 lol
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#2StepswordsmanPosted 2/10/2013 3:54:43 PM
I always thought he was possessed by Vergil or Sparda. The way he was hiding the arm at the beginning of the game implies that it didn't always look like that. He also summons some kind of a demon with that arm instead of transforming into one, and uses some of Vergil's signature stuff, like summoned swords. So, yeah.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#3dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:57:59 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
I always thought he was possessed by Vergil or Sparda. The way he was hiding the arm at the beginning of the game implies that it didn't always look like that. He also summons some kind of a demon with that arm instead of transforming into one, and uses some of Vergil's signature stuff, like summoned swords. So, yeah.

Apparently, some Demons were attacking Fortuna one day and Nero went and fought them in the forest while Kyrie was there and he just got the arm like that.
---
#4Teh_TiltyuPosted 2/10/2013 3:58:25 PM
aliens cloned sparda

obv
---
http://i.imgur.com/kGwpi.png
#5SHMYazooPosted 2/10/2013 3:59:55 PM
The Ninja Theory.

*Waiting for the applauses*
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#6dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:02:34 PM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
The Ninja Theory.

*Waiting for the applauses*

aaaaand OUT YOU GO

*single clap*
---
#7StepswordsmanPosted 2/10/2013 4:03:53 PM
And the rest is silence.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#8_Uwye_Posted 2/10/2013 4:04:10 PM
Personally I've always preferred the illegitimate son (well, actually grand-grand...grand-so) of Sparda option. Don't know why, it just was the first thing that I thought when I realized the game wasn't giving an answer.

Vergil's son: a logic one, no real problem with this. I just prefer the other.

Vergil's clone - Sparda's reincarnation - Distant Relative of Dante: I find them stupid, nothing else to add.

Vergil's son: An obvious one, but in DMC4 Dante is 29 and Nero is 17-19, meaning Vergil would have had to cadoodle at the age of 10-12

Dante's age in DMC4 is not written in stone, people should stop writing this.
#9dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:12:30 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Personally I've always preferred the illegitimate son (well, actually grand-grand...grand-so) of Sparda option. Don't know why, it just was the first thing that I thought when I realized the game wasn't giving an answer.

Vergil's clone - Sparda's reincarnation - Distant Relative of Dante: I find them stupid, nothing else to add.

Been stated in interviews that DMC4 takes place a year after DMC1, and in DMC1 Dante was 28. Though, it shouldn't be an extreme sin if they simply disregard those statements and just say it took place later in time.
---
#10HellsControllerPosted 2/10/2013 4:15:43 PM
_Uwye_ posted...

Lady in DMC3 is like what, 17? Dante around 18/19. Devs claim Lady to be 10 years older than she was in 3. That's all we have to go on right now, so until stated otherwise that is Dante's age.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.