Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#101StriderOWPosted 2/13/2013 7:10:24 PM(edited)
I think Nero is obviously a 3rd son of Sparda. This makes what Trish said in DMC1 cannon. She stated that Dante lost a mother and brother 20 years ago prior to DMC1. This was a lie because Dante lost Vergil when he was 18/19 and his lost his mother when he was 8. Another obvious thing is that Nero's color themed is the combined theme of Dante and Vergil(Red/Blue). He also has DMC3 Dante and Vergil battle quotes and taunts. Also if you noticed, Nero's personality is a mix between Dante and Vergil.

People need to realize that Vergil is faaaaaaar gone. His soul was shattered into pieces when Dante defeated him in DMC1. Those shards of his soul was used to make those demon knights in DMC4. Vergil was completely destroyed/killed.
#102BillysanPosted 2/13/2013 10:34:02 PM
You could technically look at the Trish's comment has if she was referring to when Vergil and Dante split apart.

And the angelo knights in DMC4 were The Order demons forced into armor.

Also Nero technically has Sparda's colors Purple and Red.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#103StriderOWPosted 2/14/2013 4:00:57 PM
Billysan posted...
You could technically look at the Trish's comment has if she was referring to when Vergil and Dante split apart.

OMG... This was before DMC3 was made so obviously she was talking about Vergil. The only problem here is that DMC3 totally negates what she states. Because Vergil and Dante last seen each other 10 years before DMC1 at the end of DMC3.

Nero's colors are Blue/Red/Purple. Majority being Blue and Red. Hence the Devil Bringer being the themed color of both Dante and Vergil. Also, look at the bio of the demon knights in the video game bio of the enemies. If you pay attention to Nero's DT, its basically Nero with his hood over his head. Just look at the outlining of his DT and look at Nero's clothes and you can clearly notice that the DT is Nero's inner demon.

It clearly states that those demon knights were made from the "shards" of the Dark Angle(Nelo Angelo/Vergil). The DMC4 story area clearly states that Vergil's soul was turn inward creating a demonic armor thus being renamed Nelo Angelo. Basically, Vergil's soul was the armor because his body was already destroyed hence why it was stated Vergil was already dead as Nelo Angelo. Dante defeated him in DMC1 and Nelo Angelo blew up into 100s to 1000s of pieces. That was the essence of Vergil's soul meaning he is looooong dead.
#104BillysanPosted 2/14/2013 6:47:40 PM(edited)
StriderOW posted...
Billysan posted...

OMG... This was before DMC3 was made so obviously she was talking about Vergil. The only problem here is that DMC3 totally negates what she states. Because Vergil and Dante last seen each other 10 years before DMC1 at the end of DMC3.

Nero's colors are Blue/Red/Purple. Majority being Blue and Red. Hence the Devil Bringer being the themed color of both Dante and Vergil. Also, look at the bio of the demon knights in the video game bio of the enemies. If you pay attention to Nero's DT, its basically Nero with his hood over his head. Just look at the outlining of his DT and look at Nero's clothes and you can clearly notice that the DT is Nero's inner demon.

It clearly states that those demon knights were made from the "shards" of the Dark Angle(Nelo Angelo/Vergil). The DMC4 story area clearly states that Vergil's soul was turn inward creating a demonic armor thus being renamed Nelo Angelo. Basically, Vergil's soul was the armor because his body was already destroyed hence why it was stated Vergil was already dead as Nelo Angelo. Dante defeated him in DMC1 and Nelo Angelo blew up into 100s to 1000s of pieces. That was the essence of Vergil's soul meaning he is looooong dead.

You lost mother and brother to evil. You can now perceive that has Vergil losing his way due to evil and separating from Dante. But yes at the time it wasn't meant to mean this.

Concerning Nero the DT ghost was indeed originally meant to be his own full DT transformation but things changed. So it's hard to say what things changed and maybe they simple stuck with the design but the demon does have the Yamato sheath on his arm which is a clear call back to Vergil's DT. In either case he seems to always have been designed has channeling Vergil in some respect.

Color wise the baby blue is simply meant to represent a bold color effect that stands out originally it was yellow. Nelo Angelo used blue aura so maybe they wanted to further link Nero to Vergil.

Sparda's color purple was always a mix red and blue "obviously" so in that sense you are correct.

About the angelo enemies you can see in the lab that Angus is putting the orders souls into the Angelo armors. No where did it mention using Vergil's soul to bring the armor to life.
---
#105akira_hisyamPosted 2/14/2013 7:18:24 PM
im like the idea of possession,clone and vergil son is a lame idea,demon blood related to possession it depend on some culture/myth,dont need to be half demon to have a demon blood.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#106dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:31:00 PM
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

I'll admit demon souls do exist here, and I'll even go far enough to admit that there is a possibility of Vergil's soul being there, but that doesn't change the fact that it just sounds stupid to me and like it's pulled out of some half-assed anime's plot and I'm sure there are others who agree with me.

And the other plots in past DMC games sound like they are not pulled out of anime...? (I won't say half-assed because that's all subjective)

Excluding 3 & 4, not really... I just find it stupid in any game or show when people who are dead seem to come back in one form or another, without an acceptable explanation. For example, Goku constantly dying and coming back is fine, because there has been confirmed to be a life after death and he can always get wished back. Unless they can confirm that everyone's souls go somewhere after they die in the DMC universe, I'll find it stupid.

3 and 4 make up a large part of the DMC canon...you can't just exclude them to support your argument.

The entire plot of DMC3 mirrors Inuyasha...

Nero is a typical Shonen hero.

And like I said before Vergil doesn't have to be dead for the possesses theory to work. Going by the history of DMC in the DMC4 install screen Vergil's soul was already separated from his body. And the series has shown souls existing with out their body. This is all you need.

There's no reason to automatically jump to the conclusion that Vergil came back from the after life has a soul.

The theory of possession doesn't need proof that souls go somewhere when they die because Vergil's soul never needs to go there.

Well, it's still my opinion that the idea of a major character coming back as a spirit possessing someone's arm is stupid, but I guess you pointed out the possibility of it, though I don't remember any information on Vergil's soul leaving his body.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#107dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:42:19 PM
Just to deviate a bit from arguing about minor details in everyone's ideas, how about everyone does a little script of how they would want the plot of the game to go with their theory, how it would be explained, exactly how the theory is, etc? I'll do mine later, I don't feel like writing a paragraph right now.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#108NeoTStylePosted 2/14/2013 8:17:21 PM
This isn't Final Fantasy 7, it's not like Vergil escaped the life stream or something. He's dead, end of story, being possessed by a ghost doesn't go well for DMC.

I don't get this at all. Devil May Cry is a gothic fantasy series, of course souls and ghosts are a part of the setting. Hell, souls and ghosts and supernatural things in general don't actually exist in Final Fantasy 7.
The only thing in FF7 that even comes close to that is the life stream you mentioned, but that's just the planet's energy and it simply contains the knowledge of all beings that have died.
Everything else is either aliens or science in that game.
#109Pesmerga255Posted 2/14/2013 8:34:55 PM
NeoTStyle posted...
This isn't Final Fantasy 7, it's not like Vergil escaped the life stream or something. He's dead, end of story, being possessed by a ghost doesn't go well for DMC.

I don't get this at all. Devil May Cry is a gothic fantasy series, of course souls and ghosts are a part of the setting. Hell, souls and ghosts and supernatural things in general don't actually exist in Final Fantasy 7.
The only thing in FF7 that even comes close to that is the life stream you mentioned, but that's just the planet's energy and it simply contains the knowledge of all beings that have died.
Everything else is either aliens or science in that game.

Hell, look at Dante's Sparda DT. He turns into Sparda's demon form for the Mundus fight. I don't see how that's any different to what happens with Nero's DT.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#110BillysanPosted 2/14/2013 9:00:37 PM(edited)
dillpickle69 posted...
Just to deviate a bit from arguing about minor details in everyone's ideas, how about everyone does a little script of how they would want the plot of the game to go with their theory, how it would be explained, exactly how the theory is, etc? I'll do mine later, I don't feel like writing a paragraph right now.

400 plus Years before DMC4, Sparda (unknowingly to him) had a child with a human women. Over the ages the child's descendents lived life normally having children and so on. Sparda's demonic genes dwindled in dominance through each descendant. These are Nero's ancestors.

Going back to DMC/1 Vergil's soul left his body and was broken in two. One half of his soul stayed within the Yamato while the other traveled from demon to demon thrusting for power.

(It's also possible that Angus accidentally broke the sword and split Vergil's soul or Power)

Years later Vergil's soul finds a kindred spirit who gives off a familiar essence. (Nero.)

Vergil's soul while not being sentient or having fool control of a host demon still had influence to have a demon confront Nero in Mitis forest where upon contact with Nero invaded his arm. This sparked the dormant demon gene within Nero and Vergil's soul took shape within Nero's arm.

When Nero got his hand on the Yamato, Vergil's fragmented soul was repaired.

Also it's possible to not look at this has Vergil's soul but more like his demonic power or essence. Kinda like Sparda's Powers persistent inside the Force Edge.

The voice inside Nero arm suggest it at least has a will though.
---