Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#111StriderOWPosted 2/14/2013 10:19:14 PM(edited)
Billysan posted...
StriderOW posted...
Billysan posted...
You could technically look at the Trish's comment has if she was referring to when Vergil and Dante split apart.

And the angelo knights in DMC4 were The Order demons forced into armor.

Also Nero technically has Sparda's colors Purple and Red.

OMG... This was before DMC3 was made so obviously she was talking about Vergil. The only problem here is that DMC3 totally negates what she states. Because Vergil and Dante last seen each other 10 years before DMC1 at the end of DMC3.

Nero's colors are Blue/Red/Purple. Majority being Blue and Red. Hence the Devil Bringer being the themed color of both Dante and Vergil. Also, look at the bio of the demon knights in the video game bio of the enemies. If you pay attention to Nero's DT, its basically Nero with his hood over his head. Just look at the outlining of his DT and look at Nero's clothes and you can clearly notice that the DT is Nero's inner demon.

It clearly states that those demon knights were made from the "shards" of the Dark Angle(Nelo Angelo/Vergil). The DMC4 story area clearly states that Vergil's soul was turn inward creating a demonic armor thus being renamed Nelo Angelo. Basically, Vergil's soul was the armor because his body was already destroyed hence why it was stated Vergil was already dead as Nelo Angelo. Dante defeated him in DMC1 and Nelo Angelo blew up into 100s to 1000s of pieces. That was the essence of Vergil's soul meaning he is looooong dead.

You lost mother and brother to evil. You can now perceive that has Vergil losing his way due to evil and separating from Dante. But yes at the time it wasn't meant to mean this.

Color wise the baby blue is simply meant to represent a bold color effect that stands out originally it was yellow. Nelo Angelo used blue aura so maybe they wanted to further link Nero to Vergil.

Sparda's color purple was always a mix red and blue "obviously" so in that sense you are correct.

About the angelo enemies you can see in the lab that Angus is putting the orders souls into the Angelo armors. No where did it mention using Vergil's soul to bring the armor to life.

Before DMC1 were the DMC1 Novels that were cannon until DMC3 came. Trish was talking about Vergil when she stated that because before DMC3 was made Dante really hadn't seen Vergil until 20 years later. DMC3 negates that because the last time he sees Vergil is at the end of DMC3. Vergil was never "evil" he chose a dark path to follow in Sparda's footsteps hence why Dante made that statement at the end of DMC3 "No matter how hard you try, you will never be like father". So basically imo, Nero is Capcom's way of trying to remove plot holes while adding in a new character.

I am basically saying that DMC has always used a theme based on color. Dante was red, Vergil was blue and Sparda was purple. You mix red and blue then you will get the color purple. Nero shares both red and blue in every way. Blue Rose, Red Queen, the color pattern of his clothing and lets not forget the DB is red and blue as well. This implies that Nero shares something both Dante and Vergil possess. As in DMC3 it suggest that Dante and Vergil each possess something Sparda possessed.

Nelo Angelo IS the essence of Vergil's soul. It doesn't have to be stated by Agnus to be a fact... They are using pieces of Vergil's corrupted soul... The shards of Nelo Angelo is pieces of Vergil's power. Vergil's soul was used to create this power as it states in DMC4. Thus this means they are using the essence of Vergil's soul and w/e that is left of it to make the demon knights.

Nero's cannon DT if you look at it side by side with Nero then you can connect the dots. The outfit is just altered like Dante when he DT.
#112StepswordsmanPosted 2/14/2013 10:29:59 PM
By the way, canon and cannon are two entirely different things.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#113SwarlesPosted 2/14/2013 10:33:12 PM
UltDeadpool posted...
Swarles posted...
UltDeadpool posted...
"Possessed by Vergil" makes the most sense.

On the day he gets the arm, he hears a voice in his head say "Power. Give me more, power." Which sounds like Vergil. His DT is also an apparition of what appears to be Vergil looming around him, fighting independently of Nero using Yamato and using Summoned Swords.

Possessed by Vergil does not explain where he got Spardas blood.

Being possessed by Vergil could had changed Nero, not only did his arm mutate but his hair turned white and his blood became mixed with Vergil's.

The alternative, being Sparda's grandson, does not explain the Vergil-looking spirit aiding him in battle and a lack of a demon form.

Nero most likely always had the blood of sparda in him. He built Red Queen in a way so that only someone with demon blood would be strong enough to use it, also he was fighting demons for the order before he was injured and got his devil bringer.
#114BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 12:11:46 AM(edited)
StriderOW posted...

Before DMC1 were the DMC1 Novels that were cannon until DMC3 came. Trish was talking about Vergil when she stated that because before DMC3 was made Dante really hadn't seen Vergil until 20 years later. DMC3 negates that because the last time he sees Vergil is at the end of DMC3. Vergil was never "evil" he chose a dark path to follow in Sparda's footsteps hence why Dante made that statement at the end of DMC3 "No matter how hard you try, you will never be like father". So basically imo, Nero is Capcom's way of trying to remove plot holes while adding in a new character.

I am basically saying that DMC has always used a theme based on color. Dante was red, Vergil was blue and Sparda was purple. You mix red and blue then you will get the color purple. Nero shares both red and blue in every way. Blue Rose, Red Queen, the color pattern of his clothing and lets not forget the DB is red and blue as well. This implies that Nero shares something both Dante and Vergil possess. As in DMC3 it suggest that Dante and Vergil each possess something Sparda possessed.

Nelo Angelo IS the essence of Vergil's soul. It doesn't have to be stated by Agnus to be a fact... They are using pieces of Vergil's corrupted soul... The shards of Nelo Angelo is pieces of Vergil's power. Vergil's soul was used to create this power as it states in DMC4. Thus this means they are using the essence of Vergil's soul and w/e that is left of it to make the demon knights.

Nero's cannon DT if you look at it side by side with Nero then you can connect the dots. The outfit is just altered like Dante when he DT.

I know what Trish originally meant. I said after DMC3 you can retroactively look at it in the way I mentioned. I didn't say Vergil was evil, due to evil he become estranged with Dante. Thus Dante lost his brother the moment his mother was killed.

The line still holds.

I already discussed the colors you're basically saying the same thing I was saying. Dante and Vergil's blue derived from Purple...thus Nero is coming full circle.

Vergil's soul is not confirmed to still be within the Nelo Angelo armor. At this point The Order could be using the Nelo Angelo armor because it was designed to trap a soul.

I already told you the Yamato DT was originally designed his Nero's full DT but the story was altered. So it's hard to say wither or not it still actually represents Nero DT or if they just kept the design model.

Here's the concept art
http://images.wikia.com/devilmaycry/images/8/8d/Devil_May_Cry_4_Artbook_p31.jpg

And like I said either way the Yamato on the arm would still have Nero channeling Vergil in some form.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#115StriderOWPosted 2/15/2013 12:26:21 AM
Billysan posted...
StriderOW posted...

I know what Trish originally meant. I said after DMC3 you can retroactively look at it in the way I mentioned. I didn't say Vergil was evil, due to evil he become estranged with Dante. Thus Dante lost his brother the moment his mother was killed.

The line still holds.

I already discussed the colors you're basically saying the same thing I was saying. Dante and Vergil's blue derived from Purple...thus Nero is coming full circle.

Vergil's soul is not confirmed to still be within the Nelo Angelo armor. At this point The Order could be using the Nelo Angelo armor because it was designed to trap a soul.

I already told you the Yamato DT was originally designed his Nero's full DT but the story was altered. So it's hard to say wither or not it still actually represents Nero DT or if they just kept the design model.

Here's the concept art
http://images.wikia.com/devilmaycry/images/8/8d/Devil_May_Cry_4_Artbook_p31.jpg

Dante's DT doesn't change with weapons in DMC4 thus the concept of DT changing depending on the weapon isn't carried over from DMC3. And like I said even if this was true his then he'd still be channeling the soul of Vergil.

And like I said either way the Yamato on the arm would still have Nero channeling Vergil in some form.

Dude listen... I understand what your trying to say about Trish and the "evil" thing but it makes zero sense... Why would she say he lost a brother 20 years ago to evil when that wasn't even the case... For 1. He wasn't dead obviously and 2. He wasn't evil in DMC3. Read the DMC3 mangas which are cannon . Vergil was the same way in his flash back as a kid that he is now. He always had that hold for power to be like his father. His mothers death was his motivation. Even in the DMC1 novels and comics Vergil was the same way as a child as he was when he was older. He always had the lust for power.

How many time do I have to state that Nelo Angelo BLEW UP after he lost to Dante in DMC1. Shards of Nelo Angelo was scattered across the island they were on. Agnus came across these shards AND the Yamato which was broken. Nelo Angelo IS Vergil's soul. His soul was turned inward by Mundus to create Nelo Angelo... The armor is the essence of Vergil's soul AND power... DMC4 Bio states this. I don't get why you are trying to argue with me over something that is stated in DMC4... Nelo Angelo is just the corruption of Vergil's soul. The armor is Vergil's actual soul, power and essence. Vergil was already killed by Mundus while he was Nelo Angelo in DMC1.

The point I am making with Nero and his DT is that if you place Nero and the DT side by side then they are the same person, the DT is just a altered version of Nero just like Dante's DT is a altered version of Dante. Their outlining matches up perfectly. Capcom has already stated why Dante in DMC4 DT doesn't change when he used different DA. They clearly state that its because his powers his reached a point to where his demonic side doesn't have to rely on the power of other DA because the Rebellion was the manifestation of Dante's power. Basically, as Dante's power his grown to a point to where his main sword is the symbol of his true power. Just as Sparda's true power reflects from the Sparda sword.
#116StepswordsmanPosted 2/15/2013 12:55:03 AM
Well, there's more to DMC series than the first game. DMC4, for example. In the game itself, Nero, himself, says that something has entered him one day, and he heard the voice that said "I need more power" which, as you know, was the only thing Vergil could ever say in DMC3. Now, of course, it could have been anything, but the thing is: it happened. Nero was possessed by something, his arm has changed into some demonic thing and that demon has an obvious connection to Yamato, because the sword reacted to it, and not to Nero being all sad because he's been impaled.

Plus, and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed that, but Nero doesn't transform into a demon when he uses Devil Trigger. Dante does, Vergil does, LDK does. But not Nero. Nero, instead, summons a demon who uses Vergil's signature weapon and abilities. And, since people like to talk about colors, look carefully at that demon: it's blue, not red or purple.

It's also important to realise that you people probably care about the DMC lore a lot more than the writers. I doubt that there was much cooperation between the people who wrote the story for different games, anime, manga, novels and god knows what else. The plot in DMC is a mess, so hanging on one detail from the very first game to prove your point may not be such a good idea if it's never mentioned afterwards.

And finally, I just want to say that I find it very surprising just how much do the fans of DMC know about the way souls, demons, and all those other things work. I don't want to argue with an expert, but are you really sure that Vergil's soul has been destroyed completely?
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#117BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 2:21:08 AM
StriderOW posted...

Dude listen... I understand what your trying to say about Trish and the "evil" thing but it makes zero sense... Why would she say he lost a brother 20 years ago to evil when that wasn't even the case... For 1. He wasn't dead obviously and 2. He wasn't evil in DMC3. Read the DMC3 mangas which are cannon . Vergil was the same way in his flash back as a kid that he is now. He always had that hold for power to be like his father. His mothers death was his motivation. Even in the DMC1 novels and comics Vergil was the same way as a child as he was when he was older. He always had the lust for power.

How many time do I have to state that Nelo Angelo BLEW UP after he lost to Dante in DMC1. Shards of Nelo Angelo was scattered across the island they were on. Agnus came across these shards AND the Yamato which was broken. Nelo Angelo IS Vergil's soul. His soul was turned inward by Mundus to create Nelo Angelo... The armor is the essence of Vergil's soul AND power... DMC4 Bio states this. I don't get why you are trying to argue with me over something that is stated in DMC4... Nelo Angelo is just the corruption of Vergil's soul. The armor is Vergil's actual soul, power and essence. Vergil was already killed by Mundus while he was Nelo Angelo in DMC1.

The point I am making with Nero and his DT is that if you place Nero and the DT side by side then they are the same person, the DT is just a altered version of Nero just like Dante's DT is a altered version of Dante. Their outlining matches up perfectly. Capcom has already stated why Dante in DMC4 DT doesn't change when he used different DA. They clearly state that its because his powers his reached a point to where his demonic side doesn't have to rely on the power of other DA because the Rebellion was the manifestation of Dante's power. Basically, as Dante's power his grown to a point to where his main sword is the symbol of his true power. Just as Sparda's true power reflects from the Sparda sword.

The death of Dante's mother is what motivated Vergil to leave Dante. It's because of that one evil event that bought Vergil to his ultimate demise. In other words you may has well say Dante lost Vergil then and there. Not everything thing needs to read in a literal sense.

I don't recall DMC4 saying Vergil's soul was turn inward or anything. All I recall is the description for Bianco Angel"

( A man-made soldier made from the fragment of a demon known as the "dark angel". Filled
with either a human or demonic soul, it carries out its master's orders with mechanical precision. )

I already told you the Yamato spirit was designed has Nero's true DT... I can see the resemblance.

The concept was obviously altered at some point though and it's possibly they just wanted to keep the model.

And as I said either way he's still channeling Vergil.....which you say shouldn't be possible.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#118dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:32:55 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
Just to deviate a bit from arguing about minor details in everyone's ideas, how about everyone does a little script of how they would want the plot of the game to go with their theory, how it would be explained, exactly how the theory is, etc? I'll do mine later, I don't feel like writing a paragraph right now.

8 years after Dante and Vergil are born, The Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda, succumbs to his age. Weeks later, his wife Eva is attacked and killed by demons, and his sons are seperated. Vergil, the older twin, is stumbled upon by a squadron of the Order Of The Sword, who sense the immense demonic power in him. They then capture him and bring him to headquarters, where he is studied and is tested on. Two years pass, and the Order begins a cloning experiment on him, and produce the equivalent of a newborn child with Vergil's half-human and half-demon DNA, but the child isn't an exact copy of him, because instead of the dominant traits, he gets most of Vergil's recessive traits, including his human DNA now being dominant over his demon DNA, instead of the other way around like Dante and Vergil have it, so the clone, code-named "Nero" is considered a failure. Not long after that, Vergil snaps and awakens his demonic power, and escapes from Fortuna. Now the only thing the Order has left of Vergil is the clone, which they now can't make any more of because the original is long gone. So they decide to work with what they have and watch over him, putting him in the care of the current General's family, (Credo & Kyrie's home), who name him Nero. Fast Forward 18 years, right after the events of DMC1, and the Order (including Nero) is excavating the site of Mallet Island, which is where they discover a broken Yamato, and upon contact, Nero's right arm that he grabbed the blade with begins pulsating, and he is knocked unconscious. Unknown to him, the sword reacted to Vergil's DNA in Nero and reversed his dominant and recessive traits in his right arm, making his demonic traits in his right arm stronger than his human traits. A few days later, back at Fortuna, Kyrie is attacked by demons in a forest, and Nero goes to help her. Thanks to the small exertion of demonic power he uses in the fight, his power explodes after being dormant all his life, and his power as a half-demon awakens in all of his body, and even more so in his right arm, which is what he grabbed Yamato with, causing it to be in a permanent-devil trigger state. A year later, during DMC4, when Nero reunites with Yamato and activates his Devil Trigger, the figure behind him is what should be happening to his own body, but is unable to because of his human DNA overpowering his demonic DNA, so the most he can do is a simple manifestation of his demonic power.

Yes? No? Maybe?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#119SilentS89Posted 2/15/2013 3:34:04 PM
Nero will probably get the Lucia treatment of never being mentioned again.
#120dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:37:30 PM
I doubt it, if anything he'll get that after he's explained, and only if enough people hate him, which I doubt.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg