Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#121BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 7:35:14 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Just to deviate a bit from arguing about minor details in everyone's ideas, how about everyone does a little script of how they would want the plot of the game to go with their theory, how it would be explained, exactly how the theory is, etc? I'll do mine later, I don't feel like writing a paragraph right now.

8 years after Dante and Vergil are born, The Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda, succumbs to his age. Weeks later, his wife Eva is attacked and killed by demons, and his sons are seperated. Vergil, the older twin, is stumbled upon by a squadron of the Order Of The Sword, who sense the immense demonic power in him. They then capture him and bring him to headquarters, where he is studied and is tested on. Two years pass, and the Order begins a cloning experiment on him, and produce the equivalent of a newborn child with Vergil's half-human and half-demon DNA, but the child isn't an exact copy of him, because instead of the dominant traits, he gets most of Vergil's recessive traits, including his human DNA now being dominant over his demon DNA, instead of the other way around like Dante and Vergil have it, so the clone, code-named "Nero" is considered a failure. Not long after that, Vergil snaps and awakens his demonic power, and escapes from Fortuna. Now the only thing the Order has left of Vergil is the clone, which they now can't make any more of because the original is long gone. So they decide to work with what they have and watch over him, putting him in the care of the current General's family, (Credo & Kyrie's home), who name him Nero. Fast Forward 18 years, right after the events of DMC1, and the Order (including Nero) is excavating the site of Mallet Island, which is where they discover a broken Yamato, and upon contact, Nero's right arm that he grabbed the blade with begins pulsating, and he is knocked unconscious. Unknown to him, the sword reacted to Vergil's DNA in Nero and reversed his dominant and recessive traits in his right arm, making his demonic traits in his right arm stronger than his human traits. A few days later, back at Fortuna, Kyrie is attacked by demons in a forest, and Nero goes to help her. Thanks to the small exertion of demonic power he uses in the fight, his power explodes after being dormant all his life, and his power as a half-demon awakens in all of his body, and even more so in his right arm, which is what he grabbed Yamato with, causing it to be in a permanent-devil trigger state. A year later, during DMC4, when Nero reunites with Yamato and activates his Devil Trigger, the figure behind him is what should be happening to his own body, but is unable to because of his human DNA overpowering his demonic DNA, so the most he can do is a simple manifestation of his demonic power.

Yes? No? Maybe?

I think the single biggest issue is that The Order really seems clueless about Nero including the leader and head scientist who would have most likely been the one who created Nero.

You'd also think they would have kept Vergil's DNA sample instead of using it all up on a single clone.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#122dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:09:53 PM
Meh, they could easily say Agnus wasn't high enough in the ranks to know about Nero at the time, and maybe Vergil wrecked the lab during his escape, including the sample.
As for Sanctus not knowing about Nero, he seems to be the only one in DMC4 that does know, because he's constantly talking about how Nero has the blood of Sparda, and is the only one with no curiosity about his arm.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#123BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 9:19:58 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
Meh, they could easily say Agnus wasn't high enough in the ranks to know about Nero at the time, and maybe Vergil wrecked the lab during his escape, including the sample.
As for Sanctus not knowing about Nero, he seems to be the only one in DMC4 that does know, because he's constantly talking about how Nero has the blood of Sparda, and is the only one with no curiosity about his arm.

Sanctus generally seems a bit clueless about Nero during the earlier parts of the game.

It's only after all the events with Agnus, Credo, Kyrie's abduction that Sanctus is able to deduce Nero's connection with Sparda.

Has far has Agnus goes that seems plausible but you'd think he'd check the records or something when becoming the lead scientist in The Order.
---
#124dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:02:38 PM
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Sanctus generally seems a bit clueless about Nero during the earlier parts of the game.

It's only after all the events with Agnus, Credo, Kyrie's abduction that Sanctus is able to deduce Nero's connection with Sparda.

Has far has Agnus goes that seems plausible but you'd think he'd check the records or something when becoming the lead scientist in The Order.

How'd he seem clueless? If anything, maybe he just didn't recognize Nero as the failed clone.
---
#125StepswordsmanPosted 2/15/2013 10:11:29 PM
Sanctus didn't recognise Nero as a clone of Vergil, even though Sanctus himself created him, and Nero is now a white-haired part-demon with Yamato? The only reason why I wouldn't call Sanctus "clueless" in that case is because it doesn't quite cut it.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#126BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 10:31:41 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

How'd he seem clueless? If anything, maybe he just didn't recognize Nero as the failed clone.

Because he doesn't even know who Nero is at first.

Santus uses his powers of deduction to deduce Nero carries the blood of Sparda. He hears he has demonic power and was able to revive the Yamato.

Also at the end of Mission 9 you hear him confirm to himself then and there that Nero indeed has Sparda's powers.

It was not a "oh there's my Vergil clone" moment.

He was able to tell Gloria and Trish apart so he's clearly not stupid enough not to suspect his old clone was on the loose.
---
#127Konis45Posted 2/15/2013 10:39:08 PM
I voted Sparda's illegitimate descendant but I want to add that humans get remarried even after the spouse dies. So i am more then willing to believe that within the span of two thousand years, Sparda had multiple wifes.
#128BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 10:40:55 PM
Konis45 posted...
I voted Sparda's illegitimate descendant but I want to add that humans get remarried even after the spouse dies. So i am more then willing to believe that within the span of two thousand years, Sparda had multiple wifes.

Or he just likes causal sex...that is until he found his true love.
---
#129dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:53:48 PM
That's all a bit subjective, though I see your point. Like I said, he could have just not recognized Nero's name when he heard it, The Order didn't name him, Kyrie's parents did (I know I wrote that they did in my little script, but I was completely zoning out when I wrote that) so you could just say Sanctus didn't know it was him until he saw him with his own eyes, and the end of Mission 9 doesn't have to be seen as confirming to himself, people say something like "You have indeed ____" all the time in those kinds of media, in DMC1 after you beat Griffon for the last time, he says "Yours are definitely the powers of Sparda" even though he knew that the whole time. Also in the case of this script it can be seen as him remarking at how the clone turned out.
Hell, for all we know he could have known the whole time and just not said anything about it because there was no need.
---
#130dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:55:18 PM
Konis45 posted...

Problem with that is that by the time DMC4 happened, Sparda's blood would be about 1/100th of Nero's blood and nobody would even notice they were related.
---