Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#131Konis45Posted 2/16/2013 12:13:37 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Konis45 posted...
I voted Sparda's illegitimate descendant but I want to add that humans get remarried even after the spouse dies. So i am more then willing to believe that within the span of two thousand years, Sparda had multiple wifes.

Problem with that is that by the time DMC4 happened, Sparda's blood would be about 1/100th of Nero's blood and nobody would even notice they were related.

But we wouldn't know how far apart Dante's mother and Nero's are, regardless if it was a one night poke or a more draw out thing. Nero could easily be Sparda's grand child making he a quarter demon.
#132kerryj85Posted 2/16/2013 1:00:37 AM
He is nephlim just as Dante and Vergil, therefore the offspring of both demon and angel. Either another son of Sparda, or another hybrid from other Divine enteties. He couldn't be the son of Dante or Vergil, he would be 3rd generation, he is clearly nephilim.
#133StepswordsmanPosted 2/16/2013 1:08:05 AM
OK, since we all love stupid fan fiction, here's my take on Nero's origins:

Nero was adopted into Credo's and Kyrie's family at a young age. He quickly fell in love with Kyrie, and swore to always protect her, which is why he joined the Holy Knights of the Order of the Sword, despite not believing in their ideals. The members of the Order didn't like Nero due to him being so cocky and arrogant, so he wasn't turned into a demon like Credo and the rest of his knights, but thanks to his abilities as a fighter, his determination when fighting demons and him being Credo's stepbrother, he was allowed to stay in the Order in hope that maybe one day, he'll see the error in his ways...

A few days prior to the events of DMC4, Sanctus used the broken Yamato to open a gate to hell and summoned an army of demons upon the people of Fortuna, so they would see that they can't be safe without the Order. And maybe it also had something to do with the "ascension ceremony" that he mentioned. However, it didn't just let hundreds of weak demons run around the human world: Yamato has also attracted the soul of one very specific demon to the battlefield.

Back in Fortuna, the Holy Knights were sent to ward off the invading demons. Nero, ever protective of Kyrie, was doing his best to not let anything harm her. He fought valiantly, but the hordes of demons overcame him and he almost lost his beloved. Desperate that he isn't strong enough to save her, Nero could only scream "Kyrie!", as if it would make a difference... And maybe it did. This is when Vergil had sensed that in this carnage, where artificial demons of the Order slay the lowly demons of the demonic realm in a staged battle while regular people run away in fear, hoping that Sanctus' forces would take care of them, there is one human who still can heroically fight for a person he loves disregarding everything, even his own safety and his very limited strength as a human. Just like Vergil's brother, Nero puts his life at stake for what he believes in. And, just like Vergil, he only curses himself for not being powerful enough.

Maybe Vergil was looking for just about anybody to possess at this point, just so that he could walk the earth again. Maybe Nero's determination impressed him, and he decided to help. Or maybe his soul was shattered, and he could barely realise that he still existed, just drifting through hell with no purpose ever since Mallet Island, and it was Nero's indomitable spirit that has finally awakened him again. But, in any case, he granted Nero's one wish, which coincidentally mirrored his own: more power to protect those dear to him. And boy, did it come in handy a few days later.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#134lone_gamerPosted 2/16/2013 1:09:28 AM
kerryj85 posted...
He is nephlim just as Dante and Vergil, therefore the offspring of both demon and angel. Either another son of Sparda, or another hybrid from other Divine enteties. He couldn't be the son of Dante or Vergil, he would be 3rd generation, he is clearly nephilim.

You do know which game Nero is from, right? Right?
---
"Friends? Whoever said they were friends?" --quote from a "Cowboy Bebop" ad
#135BEAMS_ae86Posted 2/16/2013 1:12:52 AM
First of all, sorry for any English mistakes. I introduced myself to everyone. I'm new poster, but a LOOOOOONG time lover of DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4, and, dare I say, I liked DmC. I'm also a spiritual person, having done several seances/summonings (not sure the right english word) in various states all over the USA.

First we got Dante of course, I love PLAYING his attacks, first and foremost - picking out all the wonderful SSS ranks, gold orbs, combos, etc - and enjoy speed clears in DMC1.

So anyway I'll get on with my cloning question.

Dante/Vergil CLONING - is there such a thing, and if there is, how does Nero fit into this scene?

While I'm sure most here know what I mentioning when I say 'SSS rank', I'll explain my personal understanding of it, basically in DMC3 you need to majorly avoid being hit, Also hitting each peeps all over the place, to put it bluntly.

Vergil, as I understand it, is a mostly - if not totally - EVIL character who by himself is not necessarily important or crucial to the actual unfolding of the game's events. I suppose the closest example like Vergil that I know of would be C3p0 from Star Wars.

Vergil is the first white-haired character we see in DmC, and is also the first to wear a blue coat in DMC3. However, after DMC3 ending, he has just 3 lines after that and is never seen again. Nor is he even referred to.

MOVING TO DMC4 here, how can anyone who plays DMC4 not like Nero? He owes it to his fans, who tend to at least get SS ranks, if not SSS (as I did with Nero on bloody palace - and many of my SSS ranks were approved of by the Capcom peeps) Also in the pizza scene of dmc3, where the party gets crazy, who ate the rest of the pieces? Trish? Anyway, Nero does not need to become involved in debate about cloning - he has the right to appear in any future DMC game he pleases. But Dante d'same as Vergil must be top notch DNA to produce Nero.

There is no reason Vergil could not - with some devil help - clone his self into a Nero, right, wrong, or whatever. In the past, I will enjoy DMC3 the most. Does DMC3 story indicate that Vergil's brother, Dante, does not want to be damaged by some sort of (Mundus?) conspiracy?

Post your own thoughts.
---
I arrive your screen from the neighborwifi...thanks god bless...you...
#136Wolf_TorrentPosted 2/16/2013 1:19:37 AM
I don't get it. Why can't Nero be an illegitimate son of Sparda from several generations ago? Yeh, certain genes become diluted the more the family tree grows, but then we have instances where those same genes crop up again down the line.

Like Jesús Aceves, a mexican circus performer born with hypertrichosis, a condition that makes him hairy as the wolfman he resembles.

I think it's a totally plausible scenario for Nero to luck out be virtue of his birth.
#137dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 11:59:17 AM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
First of all, sorry for any English mistakes. I introduced myself to everyone. I'm new poster, but a LOOOOOONG time lover of DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4, and, dare I say, I liked DmC. I'm also a spiritual person, having done several seances/summonings (not sure the right english word) in various states all over the USA.

First we got Dante of course, I love PLAYING his attacks, first and foremost - picking out all the wonderful SSS ranks, gold orbs, combos, etc - and enjoy speed clears in DMC1.

So anyway I'll get on with my cloning question.

Dante/Vergil CLONING - is there such a thing, and if there is, how does Nero fit into this scene?

While I'm sure most here know what I mentioning when I say 'SSS rank', I'll explain my personal understanding of it, basically in DMC3 you need to majorly avoid being hit, Also hitting each peeps all over the place, to put it bluntly.

Vergil, as I understand it, is a mostly - if not totally - EVIL character who by himself is not necessarily important or crucial to the actual unfolding of the game's events. I suppose the closest example like Vergil that I know of would be C3p0 from Star Wars.

Vergil is the first white-haired character we see in DmC, and is also the first to wear a blue coat in DMC3. However, after DMC3 ending, he has just 3 lines after that and is never seen again. Nor is he even referred to.

MOVING TO DMC4 here, how can anyone who plays DMC4 not like Nero? He owes it to his fans, who tend to at least get SS ranks, if not SSS (as I did with Nero on bloody palace - and many of my SSS ranks were approved of by the Capcom peeps) Also in the pizza scene of dmc3, where the party gets crazy, who ate the rest of the pieces? Trish? Anyway, Nero does not need to become involved in debate about cloning - he has the right to appear in any future DMC game he pleases. But Dante d'same as Vergil must be top notch DNA to produce Nero.

There is no reason Vergil could not - with some devil help - clone his self into a Nero, right, wrong, or whatever. In the past, I will enjoy DMC3 the most. Does DMC3 story indicate that Vergil's brother, Dante, does not want to be damaged by some sort of (Mundus?) conspiracy?

Post your own thoughts.

I have no idea what you said, but these theories aren't excuses to include Nero in the next game, they're to explain his past which Capcom hasn't done.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#138BillysanPosted 2/16/2013 2:16:28 PM
Stepswordsman posted...

A few days prior to the events of DMC4, Sanctus used the broken Yamato to open a gate to hell and summoned an army of demons upon the people of Fortuna, so they would see that they can't be safe without the Order. And maybe it also had something to do with the "ascension ceremony" that he mentioned. However, it didn't just let hundreds of weak demons run around the human world: Yamato has also attracted the soul of one very specific demon to the battlefield.

Agnus used the false/artificial hell gates using other devil arms to summon the demons. He couldn't have used the real one because the yamato was broken.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#139BillysanPosted 2/16/2013 2:23:49 PM(edited)
Wolf_Torrent posted...
I don't get it. Why can't Nero be an illegitimate son of Sparda from several generations ago? Yeh, certain genes become diluted the more the family tree grows, but then we have instances where those same genes crop up again down the line.

Like Jesús Aceves, a mexican circus performer born with hypertrichosis, a condition that makes him hairy as the wolfman he resembles.

I think it's a totally plausible scenario for Nero to luck out be virtue of his birth.

He apparently doesn't feature any demonic powers till the whole "possession" thing. So I'd say it's more likely that Nero is indeed descended from seven or possibly more generations.

Heck he may not of even had white hair till his arm transformed.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#140Konis45Posted 2/16/2013 2:48:56 PM
I figured if Nero was a decedent of sparda, say grandson or great grandson then the arm is just sorta what power he has finding a way to manifest itself. Like when he was nearly killed his powers forced their way out. Would be cool if his hair went from black to white kinda like another game : )