Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#141StriderOWPosted 2/17/2013 2:39:34 PM(edited)
Billysan posted...
StriderOW posted...

Dude listen... I understand what your trying to say about Trish and the "evil" thing but it makes zero sense... Why would she say he lost a brother 20 years ago to evil when that wasn't even the case... For 1. He wasn't dead obviously and 2. He wasn't evil in DMC3. Read the DMC3 mangas which are cannon . Vergil was the same way in his flash back as a kid that he is now. He always had that hold for power to be like his father. His mothers death was his motivation. Even in the DMC1 novels and comics Vergil was the same way as a child as he was when he was older. He always had the lust for power.

How many time do I have to state that Nelo Angelo BLEW UP after he lost to Dante in DMC1. Shards of Nelo Angelo was scattered across the island they were on. Agnus came across these shards AND the Yamato which was broken. Nelo Angelo IS Vergil's soul. His soul was turned inward by Mundus to create Nelo Angelo... The armor is the essence of Vergil's soul AND power... DMC4 Bio states this. I don't get why you are trying to argue with me over something that is stated in DMC4... Nelo Angelo is just the corruption of Vergil's soul. The armor is Vergil's actual soul, power and essence. Vergil was already killed by Mundus while he was Nelo Angelo in DMC1.
The point I am making with Nero and his DT is that if you place Nero and the DT side by side then they are the same person, the DT is just a altered version of Nero just like Dante's DT is a altered version of Dante. Their outlining matches up perfectly. Capcom has already stated why Dante in DMC4 DT doesn't change when he used different DA. They clearly state that its because his powers his reached a point to where his demonic side doesn't have to rely on the power of other DA because the Rebellion was the manifestation of Dante's power.

The death of Dante's mother is what motivated Vergil to leave Dante. It's because of that one evil event that bought Vergil to his ultimate demise. In other words you may has well say Dante lost Vergil then and there. Not everything thing needs to read in a literal sense.

I don't recall DMC4 saying Vergil's soul was turn inward or anything. All I recall is the description for Bianco Angel"

( A man-made soldier made from the fragment of a demon known as the "dark angel". Filled
with either a human or demonic soul, it carries out its master's orders with mechanical precision. )

I already told you the Yamato spirit was designed has Nero's true DT... I can see the resemblance.

The concept was obviously altered at some point though and it's possibly they just wanted to keep the model.

And as I said either way he's still channeling Vergil.....which you say shouldn't be possible.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8M_zyf9Jg
go to 1:49

This is exactly what it states." Nelo Angelo the transformed SOUL of his departed brother Vergil." This means that Nelo Angelo is Vergil's SOUL. His body was already destroyed by Mundus.

"At the root of this demons chivalry , rest the soul of Dante's vanquished brother Vergil"

Nelo Angelo's Bio within DMC4. "A demon known as the Dark Knight who was revealed to be Dante's twin brother Vergil. After falling to Mundus's power his soul was turned inward creating the armored demon that leads Mundus's ranks."

Also it has always implied that as a boy Vergil wanted to be like his father thus why he slicked his hair back to sort of mimic Sparda. Vergil was always obsessed with strength even he was a child. The manga clearly states this. His mothers death only deepened his motivation to "protect" which equals power in Vergil's mind. Dante "not matter how hard you try, you'll never be like father". When his mother and Dante was being attacked Vergil only called out Dante's name.
#142AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/17/2013 3:06:34 PM
Wow, this thread is still going. I'll say it again: bad stupid writing.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#143FireMage7777Posted 2/17/2013 3:09:30 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...

Until the origin is actually explained you can't say that...
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#144BillysanPosted 2/17/2013 4:00:23 PM
StriderOW posted...

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn8M_zyf9Jg
go to 1:49

This is exactly what it states." Nelo Angelo the transformed SOUL of his departed brother Vergil." This means that Nelo Angelo is Vergil's SOUL. His body was already destroyed by Mundus.

"At the root of this demons chivalry , rest the soul of Dante's vanquished brother Vergil"

Nelo Angelo's Bio within DMC4. "A demon known as the Dark Knight who was revealed to be Dante's twin brother Vergil. After falling to Mundus's power his soul was turned inward creating the armored demon that leads Mundus's ranks."

Also it has always implied that as a boy Vergil wanted to be like his father thus why he slicked his hair back to sort of mimic Sparda. Vergil was always obsessed with strength even he was a child. The manga clearly states this. His mothers death only deepened his motivation to "protect" which equals power in Vergil's mind. Dante "not matter how hard you try, you'll never be like father". When his mother and Dante was being attacked Vergil only called out Dante's name.

Ah the install screen okay. I was trying to find the soul turned inward part.

It still says nothing about his armor actually being his soul. I already knew his body was destroyed.

And yeah I know about Vergil the day his mother died is when he went "south". I'm not saying he never had any ambitions before hand.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#145dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:52:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#146dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:21:38 PM

It's bad stupid writing because it takes more than one game to explain a character?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#147BillysanPosted 2/19/2013 10:58:38 PM
dillpickle69 posted...

It's bad stupid writing because it takes more than one game to explain a character?

Yeah they weren't really being stupid they were just setting up future games...which is smart.

Unfortunately Capcom had other plans.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#148NicoJay6Posted 2/20/2013 10:55:39 AM
Yesterday I saw that this topic was still active and decided to make a more creative contribution than my two seconds of thought joke idea on page 7.

Nero is Sparda and Eva's son, Dante and Vergil's brother.

You're all forgetting that Dante, Vergil and Nero are triplets. :)
Sparda nearing the end of his life sensed the possible danger to his young family without his protection. Through long unused demonic powers he created a seal that would hold his family away from the reach of demons until his sons had sufficiently awakened to their power. The seal would initiate when the boys neared their 8th birthday.
Unbeknownst to Sparda demons had corrupted the seal altering its properties. When it initiated only Sparda's uncool son Nero was whisked away. Instead of keeping Nero safe for 12 years till he was 20 it kept him for 6 and reversed his age to 2. Instead of temporarily hiding the memory of those sealed till they reemerged, it obliterated any memory of Nero's existence.
Six years later the seal ends Nero is two while his brothers 14 without any memory of him. Thankfully Nero is found by Kyrie's parents and the story continues.

Yes I did just make that up, but this time I put some thought into it. This works out with DMC4 Dante age 29 and Nero being 17. Retcon plot-hole plugging fanfic fantastic bullcrap right there. Breaking myths and beating what theatre and hollywood...you get the point. It does fit with the fantasy world a bit better than Sci-fi cloning in my opinion but doesn't explain Nero's affinity to Vergil's weapon and Nero's DT. Maybe the corrupted seal siphoned a little awesome from Vergil and imparted upon his brother Nero. Them being brothers is fact now :).
#149occupation_bobPosted 2/20/2013 11:04:10 AM
Lady is in DMC4 yeah? She still looks almost identical to DMC3 Lady. She's completely human, so she doesn't have anti-aging powers or anything.

So unless you expect her to be 40~50 years old and still look that hot...

Nero is not Vergil's son.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#150KafkafPosted 2/20/2013 12:25:57 PM
I just thought of a really dumb theory. Sparda never died, but actually split apart into Dante and Vergil. He then later reincarnated as Nero and regained his power from Vergil's soul in the form of the Devil Bringer
---
Play F-Zero GX, it's a good game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nGCm8CQaM