Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#31SaydeWindsaurPosted 2/10/2013 9:02:16 PM
I've said it before, but I don't mind saying it again. I prefer the Batman Beyond theory. Some scientist gets a hold of Vergil or Sparda's DNA and proceeds to do a similar process used to give birth to Terry McGinnis. This would make Nero Vergil's technical son without having to explain any inconsistencies with the timeline (Vergil's age) or having to explain who Vergil hooked up with.
#32dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:07:17 PM
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Meh, I wish that they would just change the time gap and say that Dante's really 36 in DMC4 so it would be alright for Vergil to be Nero's dad, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on Capcom changing the timeline, so IMO the best theory would be a Vergil clone.

The clone theory is the one that probably is least likely as well as the stupidest theory..

Matter of opinion. The way I see it, it doesn't seem too farfetched since the Order was experimenting with pieces of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco & Alto Angelos, not to mention the fact that they had Yamato, so I guess you could say they had a lot of uses with Vergil. IMO the stupidest one is the possession by Vergil, because just no. This isn't Final Fantasy 7, it's not like Vergil escaped the life stream or something. He's dead, end of story, being possessed by a ghost doesn't go well for DMC.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#33Pesmerga255Posted 2/10/2013 9:08:28 PM
They should make him a Legendary Space Super Warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozM3Chgvq-o
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#34StrykeBlaydePosted 2/10/2013 10:07:24 PM
Well let's assume that DMC4 really only takes place a year or so after DMC1.

Maybe when Dante was finishing off Nelo Angelo, Nero was fighting off some demons in Fortuna or something and got hurt(or Kyrie was threatened). When Nero was in that state of 'needing more power', Vergil's soul had just been 'released', so to say. Naturally, Vergil's soul kinda finds a vessel where it can survive(not really 'control'). Nero utilizes his newly found Devil Trigger to quickly defeat the threat, Kyrie(if she's involved) passes out and thinks it was just a dream(or doesn't remember it clearly), and Nero's arm becomes how it is. He then starts keeping his arm in a sling, which is somewhat feasible if it's only for a year.

At least, that seems much more feasible for me than "Vergil having sex at 10".
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#35dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:22:25 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
Well let's assume that DMC4 really only takes place a year or so after DMC1.

Maybe when Dante was finishing off Nelo Angelo, Nero was fighting off some demons in Fortuna or something and got hurt(or Kyrie was threatened). When Nero was in that state of 'needing more power', Vergil's soul had just been 'released', so to say. Naturally, Vergil's soul kinda finds a vessel where it can survive(not really 'control'). Nero utilizes his newly found Devil Trigger to quickly defeat the threat, Kyrie(if she's involved) passes out and thinks it was just a dream(or doesn't remember it clearly), and Nero's arm becomes how it is. He then starts keeping his arm in a sling, which is somewhat feasible if it's only for a year.

At least, that seems much more feasible for me than "Vergil having sex at 10".

I dunno, I just can't accept souls flying around and willpower being a power source and all that stuff, in DMC, when you're dead you should be dead. Next thing you know you'll have Dante and Sparda doing a Father-son-kamehameha.

Actually... That should happen in some fanfic. SOMEONE DRAW THAT PLEASE.
---
#36StrykeBlaydePosted 2/10/2013 10:28:04 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
I dunno, I just can't accept souls flying around and willpower being a power source and all that stuff

...Isn't that kinda what the weapons in DMC3 are, though?
---
#37dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:35:43 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
I dunno, I just can't accept souls flying around and willpower being a power source and all that stuff

...Isn't that kinda what the weapons in DMC3 are, though?

No, In DMC3 the bosses accept Dante as a more powerful being and go to devil arm mode to help him out, he doesn't kill them and have their spirit lend a hand.
---
#38StrykeBlaydePosted 2/10/2013 10:37:38 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
No, In DMC3 the bosses accept Dante as a more powerful being and go to devil arm mode to help him out, he doesn't kill them and have their spirit lend a hand.

Well that certainly doesn't explain Beowulf. Besides, I doubt Cerberus and all the others would be able to change back into their normal forms once they change.
---
#39NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/10/2013 10:42:08 PM
I think Nero is Vergil's son. But not in the way most people think. I think somehow, Agnus got a hold of Vergil's DNA and used it to create Nero. Some would say that would make Nero Vergil's clone. But clones are meant to be carbon copies of the original. Nero is...actually nothing like Vergil. He's hot tempered, easily angered and....uh....hot tempered. :P
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#40dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:45:27 PM
StrykeBlayde posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Well that certainly doesn't explain Beowulf. Besides, I doubt Cerberus and all the others would be able to change back into their normal forms once they change.

Well damn, checkmate.
And just because they can't change their forms doesn't mean they're dead, like when you get Agni & Rudra. And with Beowulf, I'm pretty sure his body turned into the gauntlets or something like that, because if his soul was inhabiting them, I doubt he would voluntarily let them stay active and help out the guy that just killed him. I'm still anti-soul traveling, but you do provide a good point.
---