Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#41dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:46:09 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I think Nero is Vergil's son. But not in the way most people think. I think somehow, Agnus got a hold of Vergil's DNA and used it to create Nero. Some would say that would make Nero Vergil's clone. But clones are meant to be carbon copies of the original. Nero is...actually nothing like Vergil. He's hot tempered, easily angered and....uh....hot tempered. :P

Failed Clones are still clones lol
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#42BillysanPosted 2/10/2013 11:00:27 PM(edited)
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Meh, I wish that they would just change the time gap and say that Dante's really 36 in DMC4 so it would be alright for Vergil to be Nero's dad, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on Capcom changing the timeline, so IMO the best theory would be a Vergil clone.

The clone theory is the one that probably is least likely as well as the stupidest theory..

Matter of opinion. The way I see it, it doesn't seem too farfetched since the Order was experimenting with pieces of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco & Alto Angelos, not to mention the fact that they had Yamato, so I guess you could say they had a lot of uses with Vergil. IMO the stupidest one is the possession by Vergil, because just no. This isn't Final Fantasy 7, it's not like Vergil escaped the life stream or something. He's dead, end of story, being possessed by a ghost doesn't go well for DMC.

Wow a game about demon's and you say souls don't fit in.

Not to mention possession has been featured in the series. In fact the Alto Angelo enemies are armor possessed by demon and human souls.

Even Sparda's power can be looked at has being half of his lingering soul.

Vergil's soul/will possessing Nero's arm fits right in with the series.

And Devil Arms are a demon's soul manifested has a weapon. The series does feature the concept of souls. (Cerberus-" Take my soul and go forth.")

Hence Vergil's soul has manifested with in Nero's arm. Also notice the giant floating spirit of a demon next to Nero....

You must be new to the series.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#43dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:23:17 PM
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Meh, I wish that they would just change the time gap and say that Dante's really 36 in DMC4 so it would be alright for Vergil to be Nero's dad, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on Capcom changing the timeline, so IMO the best theory would be a Vergil clone.

The clone theory is the one that probably is least likely as well as the stupidest theory..

Matter of opinion. The way I see it, it doesn't seem too farfetched since the Order was experimenting with pieces of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco & Alto Angelos, not to mention the fact that they had Yamato, so I guess you could say they had a lot of uses with Vergil. IMO the stupidest one is the possession by Vergil, because just no. This isn't Final Fantasy 7, it's not like Vergil escaped the life stream or something. He's dead, end of story, being possessed by a ghost doesn't go well for DMC.

Not to mention possession has been featured in the series. In fact the Alto Angelo enemies are armor possessed by demon and human souls.

And Devil Arms are a demon's soul manifested has a weapon. The series does feature the concept of souls. (Cerberus-" Take my soul and go forth.")

Hence Vergil's soul has manifested with in Nero's arm. Also notice the giant floating spirit of a demon next to Nero....

Did I say the series doesn't feature the concept of souls? No, I said that I don't think the series should feature the concept of souls flying around everywhere after they die, freely possessing people's arms. Alto Angelos were made by the Order of the Sword, who forcibly put the souls into the armor, the demon's souls didn't just feel like looking stylish and flew into some white pauldrons. Sparda's power being half of his lingering soul? That explains Dante & Vergil's powers to you? Not the fact that they are his sons? Okay, then I must have half of my father's lingering soul because I have the same black hair as him. The demon appears because of Yamato, which is why Nero can only use it after he gets the sword. Anything else?
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#44Yami_light_Posted 2/10/2013 11:45:27 PM
^^
You misinterpreted the whole thing, the lingering Sparda's soul was referred to force edge being sealed with his power. Dante and Vergil were fighting over it, remember why?
Vergil wanted more power yes, but how? through training ? no, is implied that getting the sealed power of Sparda(which can be part of his soul) will eventually led him to become a full demon, or at least have powers on par with one. Just look how powerful Dante is in one year time after unlocking the full power of Sparda. He doesn't use it much, but when he did, remember how he looked ?
At least I think that what he was referring to.

And yes, you just said it yourself, Nero doesn't use his DT until yamato.

I don't know why is such a hard concept to grasp, unless your just implying that you think souls shouldn't be featured like that but they are.
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#45BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 12:01:03 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Did I say the series doesn't feature the concept of souls? No, I said that I don't think the series should feature the concept of souls flying around everywhere after they die, freely possessing people's arms. Alto Angelos were made by the Order of the Sword, who forcibly put the souls into the armor, the demon's souls didn't just feel like looking stylish and flew into some white pauldrons. Sparda's power being half of his lingering soul? That explains Dante & Vergil's powers to you? Not the fact that they are his sons? Okay, then I must have half of my father's lingering soul because I have the same black hair as him. The demon appears because of Yamato, which is why Nero can only use it after he gets the sword. Anything else?

Actually Dullahan are the same thing has the angelo enemies only with out any human influence.

The possibility of it happening are fairly high so I'm not sure what you are arguing. I never said there are a billion soul flying around. Vergil possessed a strong soul/will and lingered on.

The fact that a soul can manifest within a weapon is proof enough that a soul can attach it self to something...such has a arm.

Plus I never said Vergil's soul floated to Nero. Nero's arm was injured by a demon and after that Nero said he heard a voice say "Power I need more Power". Vergil's soul probably was attached to said demon and traveled from said demon to Nero's arm.

Also I was talking about Sparda's power within the Sparda Sword lol.

You said you hated the idea of a ghost floating around in the DMC world. Guess what the Yamato is a ghost floating besides Nero.
---
#46AsellusPosted 2/11/2013 12:25:50 AM
Vergil's son, as for the apparent age discrepancy I'd call dimensional shenanigans.
#47GodzFollowerPosted 2/11/2013 1:06:21 AM
I say other, why people want him to be Vergils son makes no sense because of what the TC said. If he has to be some sort of Demon why not be the offspring of another devil? Sparda was remarkable but I wouldn't mind other demons in his league crossing over for their own selfish reasons. When and why? that can be explained later in a number of different ways.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#48BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 1:35:02 AM
GodzFollower posted...
I say other, why people want him to be Vergils son makes no sense because of what the TC said. If he has to be some sort of Demon why not be the offspring of another devil? Sparda was remarkable but I wouldn't mind other demons in his league crossing over for their own selfish reasons. When and why? that can be explained later in a number of different ways.

Because he carries Sparda blood thus he is of blood relation. Seeing how Santus says "Unfortunately you did not anticipate a descendant of Sparda's blood" one would only assume that he's a distant descendent of Sparda.

The other Line which Nero says "From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed... " "Power...Give me more power!"

Suggest he is also possessed. Seeing how Vergil had a massive thrust for "More Power". One assumes Vergil is the one within Nero's arm.

But goes even further when Nero is shown to be the only one able to mend the Yamato (Vergil's Blade). Seeing how Nero's arm is the same has the yamato demon one can conclude that Nero returned the swords power or rejoined the fragmented soul of the sword.

If Vergil is the one inside Nero's arm then the Yamato demon is indeed Vergil's soul or power.
---
#49KanbeisuikodenPosted 2/11/2013 2:36:18 AM
For me is more than evident, Nero have the soul of Vergil in the arm. He says "From that day forth... my arm changed, and a voice echoed... POWER... give more power!"

His Devil Trigger has the voice of Vergil too
#50AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/11/2013 2:42:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]