Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#51FireMage7777Posted 2/11/2013 3:47:39 AM(edited)
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Stupid writing.

Not everything that isn't automatically revealed is bad writing
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#52KanbeisuikodenPosted 2/11/2013 3:49:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#53gamer6879403333Posted 2/11/2013 5:12:15 AM(edited)
He's DmC Vergil's son with Kat, whom Vergil raped one night when they were both drunk and she was passed out. To make sure that she didn't know what he did and to let her continue being actually helpful (a 6 month pregnant woman doesn't make a good soldier), he cast a spell that sent the fetus to another woman's womb in another dimension (the DMC dimension).

So yes, he is Vergil's son, but not DMC Vergil. He is the Vergil of this game's son. Which does in fact mean Nero has some angel blood in him too.

Alternate theory: Sparda's reincarnation
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#54Damien94Posted 2/11/2013 8:58:40 AM
Where is Dante and Virgil's age stated? I believe in an interview, yeah?

In that case, just make a statement that the interview answer was wrong. With demon blood, there's no reason Dante couldn't be older than he appears. Then Nero can be Virgil's son while being old enough at the same time. Could even be part of the story of who Virgil had Nero with and how he came to be an orphan with the Order.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#55ItalianIdiotPosted 2/11/2013 9:05:55 AM
Sparda had sex with another woman down the line before he fell in love Eva.

Whatever that happened in the distant past or relatively close (Might be Nero grandfather or a distant ancestor), who knows.

Nero has got Sparda's blood, but compared to Dante and Vergil seems more human than them, hence he is either a son of a half-blood or a distant relative, making him less demonic than Dante/Vergil, but still posseses demon qualities.

Since being Vergil son is kinda...meh...unless pedophilia happened, it's more reasonable that Sparda had some "fun" along the way, true, he later fell in love with a human later, but he could'va still tasted human "fruits" even before meeting Eva.

During his skimishes with Demons he's injured and the small amount of Demonic blood awakens.

Later his blood calls out for Yamato, who was originally SPARDA's propriety.

However after being used recently by Vergil it kinda became his own DA, so Nero's DT gains more of Vergil's appearence rather than Sparda's.

Seems a reasonable theory to me.
#56pyro_buntaPosted 2/11/2013 9:12:43 AM
He's just a talented fighter recruited by The Order and a childhood friend of Kyrie who happens to gain a shard of Nelo Angelo's soul near them when both of them were attacked by demons. DMC isn't exactly deep in story, so just assume the stereotypical guy who wants to protect his girl, and when they're in a huge pinch, Nelo Angelo's soul reacted for Nero's wish for power. Bla bla bla he killed the demons, him and Kyrie hospitalized. Explains that why Nero's arm is bandaged at the beginning.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#57_Uwye_Posted 2/11/2013 10:20:33 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Meh, I wish that they would just change the time gap and say that Dante's really 36 in DMC4 so it would be alright for Vergil to be Nero's dad, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on Capcom changing the timeline, so IMO the best theory would be a Vergil clone.

The clone theory is the one that probably is least likely as well as the stupidest theory..

Matter of opinion. The way I see it, it doesn't seem too farfetched since the Order was experimenting with pieces of Nelo Angelo to create the Bianco & Alto Angelos, not to mention the fact that they had Yamato, so I guess you could say they had a lot of uses with Vergil..

There are a lot of problems with that theory.

-There's nothing hinting that the Order started with their experiments so much time before the events of DMC4. Of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but...
-If Nero is a Vergil clone then that means that they cloned him directly in an "adult" form, complete with fake memories (of those living near him too, Kirye included) since Nero Angelo didn't die 16~20 years before DMC4.
-If Nero is a Vergil's clone then we have to assume he was a failed experiment, but why wasn't he simply disposed of?
-If Nero is a Vergil's clone why Agnus doesn't recognize him?
-If Nero is a Vergil's clone why Agnus is surprised that he has demonic power and why, when he reports to his Holiness, he doesn't talk of him as if he was an old test subject of the Order?
#58BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 3:44:10 PM(edited)
ItalianIdiot posted...
Sparda had sex with another woman down the line before he fell in love Eva.

Whatever that happened in the distant past or relatively close (Might be Nero grandfather or a distant ancestor), who knows.

Nero has got Sparda's blood, but compared to Dante and Vergil seems more human than them, hence he is either a son of a half-blood or a distant relative, making him less demonic than Dante/Vergil, but still posseses demon qualities.

Since being Vergil son is kinda...meh...unless pedophilia happened, it's more reasonable that Sparda had some "fun" along the way, true, he later fell in love with a human later, but he could'va still tasted human "fruits" even before meeting Eva.

During his skimishes with Demons he's injured and the small amount of Demonic blood awakens.

Later his blood calls out for Yamato, who was originally SPARDA's propriety.

However after being used recently by Vergil it kinda became his own DA, so Nero's DT gains more of Vergil's appearence rather than Sparda's.

Seems a reasonable theory to me.

The issue there is that Nero already had the Yamato styled arm before touching the Yamato.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#59dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:46:59 PM
Billysan posted...

Actually Dullahan are the same thing has the angelo enemies only with out any human influence.

The possibility of it happening are fairly high so I'm not sure what you are arguing. I never said there are a billion soul flying around. Vergil possessed a strong soul/will and lingered on.

The fact that a soul can manifest within a weapon is proof enough that a soul can attach it self to something...such has a arm.

Plus I never said Vergil's soul floated to Nero. Nero's arm was injured by a demon and after that Nero said he heard a voice say "Power I need more Power". Vergil's soul probably was attached to said demon and traveled from said demon to Nero's arm.

Also I was talking about Sparda's power within the Sparda Sword lol.

You said you hated the idea of a ghost floating around in the DMC world. Guess what the Yamato is a ghost floating besides Nero.

Okay, I guess I'll just do this paragraph by paragraph.

Where does it say that Dullahans are souls possessing the armor? It could just as well be a living demon possessing it.

So you're saying that a billion souls don't fly around everywhere, just Vergil's soul because he is strong? That still sounds incredibly stupid to me, regardless of how you try to explain it, I don't know why you are being so arrogant about soul possession.

Demon's souls turning into devil arms =/= demon's souls possessing someone's arm.

Alright, the one about Nero hearing that voice is actually a good point, though it just as easily could be Nero just wanting more power to protect Kyrie with.

Yamato isn't a "ghost floating beside Nero", it's a sword. When Nero DTs and uses the sword's power, the power of the sword manifests as a ghost floating behind him.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#60dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:49:40 PM
Damien94 posted...
Where is Dante and Virgil's age stated? I believe in an interview, yeah?

In that case, just make a statement that the interview answer was wrong. With demon blood, there's no reason Dante couldn't be older than he appears. Then Nero can be Virgil's son while being old enough at the same time. Could even be part of the story of who Virgil had Nero with and how he came to be an orphan with the Order.

I wish they would do that, it would make things a LOT less complicated.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg