Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#61dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:56:55 PM
_Uwye_ posted...

There are a lot of problems with that theory.

-There's nothing hinting that the Order started with their experiments so much time before the events of DMC4. Of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but...

That's true, but you took the words out of my mouth with the last sentence lol

-If Nero is a Vergil clone then that means that they cloned him directly in an "adult" form, complete with fake memories (of those living near him too, Kirye included) since Nero Angelo didn't die 16~20 years before DMC4.

Well, when I say clone, I don't mean Nelo Angelo, I mean they could have captured Vergil after his mom died (when they got seperated at age 8) and cloned him after 2 years of studying his DNA, making him 19.

-If Nero is a Vergil's clone then we have to assume he was a failed experiment, but why wasn't he simply disposed of?

They didn't want to throw away such an important specimen since by that time Vergil escaped Fortuna and they only had Nero left, so they dumped him on Kyrie and Credo's parents, whom worked for the Order so that they could watch his development.

-If Nero is a Vergil's clone why Agnus doesn't recognize him?
-If Nero is a Vergil's clone why Agnus is surprised that he has demonic power and why, when he reports to his Holiness, he doesn't talk of him as if he was an old test subject of the Order?

Either he wasn't working for the Order at the time or wasn't a high enough rank to know about the experiment?

These are some good points, but it's not extremely difficult to think of a loophole around them.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#62lnoscopedJFKPosted 2/11/2013 6:05:53 PM
I wouldn't mind either theory, but I have to say I agree with Billy a tiny bit more, regardless of how he's being a bit of an ass.
#63BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 6:25:48 PM(edited)
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...

Actually Dullahan are the same thing has the angelo enemies only with out any human influence.

The possibility of it happening are fairly high so I'm not sure what you are arguing. I never said there are a billion soul flying around. Vergil possessed a strong soul/will and lingered on.

The fact that a soul can manifest within a weapon is proof enough that a soul can attach it self to something...such has a arm.

Plus I never said Vergil's soul floated to Nero. Nero's arm was injured by a demon and after that Nero said he heard a voice say "Power I need more Power". Vergil's soul probably was attached to said demon and traveled from said demon to Nero's arm.

Also I was talking about Sparda's power within the Sparda Sword lol.

You said you hated the idea of a ghost floating around in the DMC world. Guess what the Yamato is a ghost floating besides Nero.

Okay, I guess I'll just do this paragraph by paragraph.

Where does it say that Dullahans are souls possessing the armor? It could just as well be a living demon possessing it.

So you're saying that a billion souls don't fly around everywhere, just Vergil's soul because he is strong? That still sounds incredibly stupid to me, regardless of how you try to explain it, I don't know why you are being so arrogant about soul possession.

Demon's souls turning into devil arms =/= demon's souls possessing someone's arm.

Alright, the one about Nero hearing that voice is actually a good point, though it just as easily could be Nero just wanting more power to protect Kyrie with.

Yamato isn't a "ghost floating beside Nero", it's a sword. When Nero DTs and uses the sword's power, the power of the sword manifests as a ghost floating behind him.

Enemy infocan be found in DMC3 enemy bio section from what I recall.

I gave several examples that prove a soul can manifest itself in objects.

I specifically mentioned that I don't think Vergil's soul floated into Nero.

In any case though I said a piece of Vergil could still be out there due to his huge lust for power. If a piece of Sparda can be left behind than a piece Vergil could also be left behind.

But the actual argument is wither or not a soul can reside within an arm in the DMC universe.

You're original argument is that being possessed by a "ghost" (has you put) does not go well with DMC.

Seeing how it's happened numerous times you are way off base. I'm not trying to be arrogant I'm just stating the evidence that all the DMC games have presented.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#64BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 6:26:35 PM(edited)
lnoscopedJFK posted...
I wouldn't mind either theory, but I have to say I agree with Billy a tiny bit more, regardless of how he's being a bit of an ass.

Why the hell I'm I being an ass I'm stating the games evidence.

Sorry do you want me to agree with dillpickle69's baseless assumptions. I'm actually showing dillpickle69 evidence I'm not bulling him around.

People on Gamefaqs must have distorted vision or something.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#65megaultrarice34Posted 2/11/2013 6:26:42 PM
Ninja's.

I kid.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#66NicoJay6Posted 2/11/2013 7:28:58 PM
Nero is Sparda's son.

You're all forgetting that human/demon hybrids have a gestation period of 5 years (poor Eva, that's one hell of a pregnancy).
This fits in perfectly with the loosely known time line and gives Sparda plenty of time (circa 2 years) to get Nero's mother up the duff.

Yes I did just make that up. 5 year human/demon gestation exists now.
#67dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:50:38 PM
Billysan posted...
Enemy infocan be found in DMC3 enemy bio section from what I recall.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dullahan

I gave several examples that prove a soul can manifest itself in objects.

Someone's arm isn't an object, and the only thing you mentioned were the Dullahans, which I just mentioned, and the Devil Arms, which I already explained are more like transformations, not possession.

In any case though I said a piece of Vergil could still be out there due to his huge lust for power. If a piece of Sparda can be left behind than a piece Vergil could also be left behind.

Sparda left behind a sword that had the majority of his powers, not his soul

But the actual argument is wither or not a soul can reside within an arm in the DMC universe.

You're original argument is that being possessed by a "ghost" (has you put) does not go well with DMC.

Seeing how it's happened numerous times you are way off base. I'm not trying to be arrogant I'm just stating the evidence that all the DMC games have presented.

The evidence you gave never directly said that someone's soul willingly went on it's own and possessed someone's body. I'll admit that the DMC universe has the concept of souls, but I retain my opinion of thinking it's a bit dumb that dead people's souls willingly possess people's body parts. Besides, even if Nero's arm was> possessed, that wouldn't exactly give him the blood of Sparda, just powers. Kame said something about the soul mutating the blood into that of Sparda's, but that sounds really out there.
---
#68dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:52:42 PM
NicoJay6 posted...
Nero is Sparda's son.

You're all forgetting that human/demon hybrids have a gestation period of 5 years (poor Eva, that's one hell of a pregnancy).
This fits in perfectly with the loosely known time line and gives Sparda plenty of time (circa 2 years) to get Nero's mother up the duff.

Yes I did just make that up. 5 year human/demon gestation exists now.

I actually went and did the math on how old that would make Nero and considered how that would play out before reading the last line there...
---
#69Pesmerga255Posted 2/11/2013 8:54:44 PM
So, nobody liked the Legendary Super Space Warrior suggestion?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#70dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:57:41 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
So, nobody liked the Legendary Super Space Warrior suggestion?

Needs more muffins.
---