Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#71BillysanPosted 2/11/2013 10:30:18 PM(edited)
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
Enemy infocan be found in DMC3 enemy bio section from what I recall.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dullahan

I gave several examples that prove a soul can manifest itself in objects.

Someone's arm isn't an object, and the only thing you mentioned were the Dullahans, which I just mentioned, and the Devil Arms, which I already explained are more like transformations, not possession.

In any case though I said a piece of Vergil could still be out there due to his huge lust for power. If a piece of Sparda can be left behind than a piece Vergil could also be left behind.

Sparda left behind a sword that had the majority of his powers, not his soul

But the actual argument is wither or not a soul can reside within an arm in the DMC universe.

You're original argument is that being possessed by a "ghost" (has you put) does not go well with DMC.

Seeing how it's happened numerous times you are way off base. I'm not trying to be arrogant I'm just stating the evidence that all the DMC games have presented.

The evidence you gave never directly said that someone's soul willingly went on it's own and possessed someone's body. I'll admit that the DMC universe has the concept of souls, but I retain my opinion of thinking it's a bit dumb that dead people's souls willingly possess people's body parts. Besides, even if Nero's arm was> possessed, that wouldn't exactly give him the blood of Sparda, just powers. Kame said something about the soul mutating the blood into that of Sparda's, but that sounds really out there.

A devil arm is a physical manifestation of a demons soul. Nero arm is demonic in appearance thus it's a physical manifestation of Vergil's soul. (in fact it looks just like Yamato demon's arm, the sword Nero has had no contact with up till he fixes it)

Look at it in how ever many angles has you want it fits in with the series.

I also said he's a descendent of Sparda which is why Vergil's soul or what ever you wanna call it was attracted to Nero in the first place.

Lady ask Arkham if he was possessed by a demon. Obviously the concept is not foreign to the world.

Also the anime which is canon features possession numerous time. Demon possession happens in the series get over it.

Possession and demons have always gone together. It not a Final Fantasy thing.

I think you're just looking at the whole thing in a strange fantasy style way or something.*
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#72dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:02:28 PM
Billysan posted...
A devil arm is a physical manifestation of a demons soul. Nero arm is demonic in appearance thus it's a physical manifestation of Vergil's soul. (in fact it looks just like Yamato demon's arm, the sword Nero has had no contact with up till he fixes it)

I also said he's a descendent of Sparda which is why Vergil's soul or what ever you wanna call it was attracted to Nero in the first place.

Lady ask Arkham if he was possessed by a demon. Obviously the concept is not foreign to the world.

Also the anime which is canon features possession numerous time. Demon possession happens in the series get over it.

I think you're just looking at the whole thing in a strange fantasy style way or something.*

Again, I've never said possession doesn't happen, I'm arguing against a dead soul possessing someones arm. I only said it about 5 times.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#73BillysanPosted 2/12/2013 12:25:21 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...

Again, I've never said possession doesn't happen, I'm arguing against a dead soul possessing someones arm. I only said it about 5 times.

A soul is a soul. Devil Arm demons no longer have bodies but their souls have been materialized into weapons.

Seeing how Vergil literally disappeared in a flash of light there really is no evidence to suggest he actually died in a traditional sense and moved on.

Vergil is half demon and demon souls have persisted after their physical body has disappeared in the series.

The fact that Nero heard a voice from his arm further suggest his arm has a will.

The simple fact is that you said such I thing doesn't fit in with DMC. The evidence I presented says otherwise.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a jerk here, but I really don't care if your arguing wither or not all the dead people in the DMC universe are wondering around ready to possess everyone in a magical river of life. That's not what my argument is about.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#74Yami_light_Posted 2/12/2013 1:07:28 AM
^
besides vergil was "defeated".
Might be poor translation, but he also disappear like in the same way as previous encounters, by the exception of leaving the pendant behind.

Another thing to consider, where do demons go if they die? detroit?
I would guess Vergil went to hell, is not like you were fighting his soul. Suppose it was his soul (no body), if you kill him he will simply disappear from the universe.

But look at Mundus, you "kill " him and goes back to hell OR imprisonment.

They can come up with an explanation like Vergil being in Hell as a soul and found a way to the material realm...I mean living world.
Possesion can work like that, why demons exist in DMC? rifts or something, is never quite explained but theres something, oh hell what about some enemies like Sin scissors ? they're described as spirits.
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#75Yami_light_Posted 2/12/2013 1:11:40 AM
unfortunately this will raise questions like why is Sparda "truly dead".
But they can get around that, maybe demons don't have a soul, or maybe simply there's no afterlife for them so if you kill them they really stay dead.
Don't forget Vergil is half human, so he must have a soul that should travel to an afterlife.

Man I need DMC5
---
#76trueOgre_KillerPosted 2/12/2013 1:15:38 AM
Yami_light_ posted...
^
besides vergil was "defeated".
Might be poor translation, but he also disappear like in the same way as previous encounters, by the exception of leaving the pendant behind.

According to the History of Devil May Cry (DMC4 install screen), Vergil has been dead for some time and Nelo Angelo was actually a demon that contained his soul.
---
Supernova is not an illusion.
#77Yami_light_Posted 2/12/2013 1:34:22 AM(edited)
Yes I noticed that, which is kind of weird, its very clear he's just being controlled by Mundu's influence.
Like brainwashing.

Lets say they screwed up and have Mundus kill Vergil, and harnessed his soul into an armor( supposedly these pieces were used for blanco and alto angelos).
If that was the case, the armor was his prison, so naturally you broke that, leaving the soul to be free, which would go to hell, learn to posses somebody and do it(kind of far out), or just outright posses Nero after being free, there's one year between DMC1 and 4 remember?

Is all theory though, there are many ways to tell it, but I find possession the most likely and I don't see how is dumb.
---
#78GodzFollowerPosted 2/12/2013 6:51:14 AM
GodzFollower posted...
I say other, why people want him to be Vergils son makes no sense because of what the TC said. If he has to be some sort of Demon why not be the offspring of another devil? Sparda was remarkable but I wouldn't mind other demons in his league crossing over for their own selfish reasons. When and why? that can be explained later in a number of different ways.

Because he carries Sparda blood thus he is of blood relation. Seeing how Santus says "Unfortunately you did not anticipate a descendant of Sparda's blood" one would only assume that he's a distant descendent of Sparda.

The other Line which Nero says "From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed... " "Power...Give me more power!"

Suggest he is also possessed. Seeing how Vergil had a massive thrust for "More Power". One assumes Vergil is the one within Nero's arm.

But goes even further when Nero is shown to be the only one able to mend the Yamato (Vergil's Blade). Seeing how Nero's arm is the same has the yamato demon one can conclude that Nero returned the swords power or rejoined the fragmented soul of the sword.

If Vergil is the one inside Nero's arm then the Yamato demon is indeed Vergil's soul or power.

Forgot about that, been a while since I played the game......blah its stupid capcom had to throw him in the Sparda bloodline. Oh well, never loved DMC for its outstanding story, though I do enjoy seeing it unfold. Ah well thanks for the reminder, maybe its about time for another run through DMC4.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#79SilentS89Posted 2/12/2013 6:54:38 AM
I genuinely expect Capcom to never explain Nero.

DMC5 probably won't even mention him.
#80dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:47:33 PM
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...

A soul is a soul. Devil Arm demons no longer have bodies but their souls have been materialized into weapons.

Seeing how Vergil literally disappeared in a flash of light there really is no evidence to suggest he actually died in a traditional sense and moved on.

Vergil is half demon and demon souls have persisted after their physical body has disappeared in the series.

The fact that Nero heard a voice from his arm further suggest his arm has a will.

The simple fact is that you said such I thing doesn't fit in with DMC. The evidence I presented says otherwise.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a jerk here, but I really don't care if your arguing wither or not all the dead people in the DMC universe are wondering around ready to possess everyone in a magical river of life. That's not what my argument is about.

Vergil blew up... They used pieces of him to make the Angelos...

That voice could be from Vergil, but it could also be Nero's subconscious wanting to protect Kyrie.

I'll admit demon souls do exist here, and I'll even go far enough to admit that there is a possibility of Vergil's soul being there, but that doesn't change the fact that it just sounds stupid to me and like it's pulled out of some half-assed anime's plot, and I'm sure there are others who agree with me.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg