Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#81dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:56:28 PM
Yami_light_ posted...

Another thing to consider, where do demons go if they die? detroit?
I would guess Vergil went to hell, is not like you were fighting his soul. Suppose it was his soul (no body), if you kill him he will simply disappear from the universe.

But look at Mundus, you "kill " him and goes back to hell OR imprisonment.

They can come up with an explanation like Vergil being in Hell as a soul and found a way to the material realm...I mean living world.
Possesion can work like that, why demons exist in DMC? rifts or something, is never quite explained but theres something, oh hell what about some enemies like Sin scissors ? they're described as spirits.

I don't remember the demon world being the exact equivalent of hell, so I doubt that when you die you just get reborn in the demon world, unless it was stated somewhere. Mundus, I believe was intentionally sealed, and never meant to be killed.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#82UltDeadpoolPosted 2/12/2013 7:30:58 PM
"Possessed by Vergil" makes the most sense.

On the day he gets the arm, he hears a voice in his head say "Power. Give me more, power." Which sounds like Vergil. His DT is also an apparition of what appears to be Vergil looming around him, fighting independently of Nero using Yamato and using Summoned Swords.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DEADPOOL: Merc with a Mouth
#83Yami_light_Posted 2/12/2013 7:55:13 PM
Good point , Berial mentioned the fire hell, and Mundus was a prince I think, definitely no king. So yeah, is not that kind of hell
But why would Dante in DMC2 said "lets go all the way to hell".

Maybe is like the 9 circles of hell, different ruler for each?
Well this no divine comedy so maybe "lets go all the way to hell" was just an expression.

Still good point, but I still dont see why possession is unlikely, I know it may sound dumb, maybe animeish, but well, the game has always been like that
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#84dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:09:38 PM
Yami_light_ posted...
Good point , Berial mentioned the fire hell, and Mundus was a prince I think, definitely no king. So yeah, is not that kind of hell
But why would Dante in DMC2 said "lets go all the way to hell".

Maybe is like the 9 circles of hell, different ruler for each?
Well this no divine comedy so maybe "lets go all the way to hell" was just an expression.

Still good point, but I still dont see why possession is unlikely, I know it may sound dumb, maybe animeish, but well, the game has always been like that

I read somewhere that the demon world is controlled by whoever is the strongest demon at the time, but I'm not sure how that would work. Dumb as I think possession sounds, it also seems likely to me, but then again all the theories sound dumb after we realized that Vergil can't really be Nero's father. Still, I like my clone idea, it seems less ultra-fantasy.
And I'd like to point out that the reason Dante said 'let's go all the way to hell' was for pure badassness. and it succeeded.
Considering that the reason for all these plotholes was because half of DMC4 got cut due to time management, I wonder what the general reaction would be if Capcom released a DMC4: Special Edition that was the full version of DMC4, and explained all the plotholes. I would personally welcome it, but I get the feeling that some unaware fans will think that Capcom's just repeating the UMVC3 trick...
---
#85Ink-RibbonPosted 2/12/2013 8:20:37 PM
If Capcom is smart, they'll simply ignore Nero just like they keep ignoring DMC 2.

DMC 4 was a parody, a spoof. A boring kid was the hero and Dante turned into a drunk and annoying guy for the whole game.

Seriously, anything is going to be better than that, DMC 5 or DmC 2. Nero was just a bad dream and he wasn't needed at first place.
#86SwarlesPosted 2/12/2013 8:42:56 PM
UltDeadpool posted...
"Possessed by Vergil" makes the most sense.

On the day he gets the arm, he hears a voice in his head say "Power. Give me more, power." Which sounds like Vergil. His DT is also an apparition of what appears to be Vergil looming around him, fighting independently of Nero using Yamato and using Summoned Swords.

Possessed by Vergil does not explain where he got Spardas blood.
#87joegt123Posted 2/12/2013 10:37:13 PM
I say genetic modification/vergil clone.

And who the bloody hell said he's 29 in 4? First I've heard a definitive number.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#88dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:52:40 PM
joegt123 posted...
I say genetic modification/vergil clone.

And who the bloody hell said he's 29 in 4? First I've heard a definitive number.

Interviews stated DMC4 is a year after DMC1, where Dante was 28.

In DMC1, Trish says "You're the one that lost a mother and brother to evil 20 years ago" and Dante & Vergil were seperated at age 8.
---
#89Yami_light_Posted 2/12/2013 11:57:54 PM
Idk about the blood thing, might be a japanese belief.
Like that other poster said, some animes/mangas or whatever have done that, someone gets possessed and the blood changes.

I also always liked the idea of possession cause that way you can have Nero in the next game, explain stuff, but without actually playing with him. You follow me?
I wanted for him to go nuts and be a bad guy, or had Vergil take over his body, anything to have a cool villain.
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#90Dragonclaw_ZEROPosted 2/13/2013 12:03:07 AM
The problem with Dante being 29 in DMC4 is that...well, he doesn't act like he's only one year older then DMC1 Dante.

Especially if you cross-examine it with the DMC Anime, and the relationship between Dante/Trish/Lady.

Not to mention the Art Style differences, since Lady seems much older(Especially if you cross-examine it with the Anime.) and that's not even getting to Dante himself.

Not to mention that DMC4 was originally going to take place AFTER DMC2, not before.

Honestly, I think the Timeline involving DMC4 and DMC2 has become a mess. The storyline intentions and "Word of Gods" are all over the place with this one.
---
Repeat Infinitum.
If you don't get the above post, just assume I'm being sarcastic.