Which theory do you think should explain Nero?

#91ShadowZero007Posted 2/13/2013 12:07:03 AM
Honestly all the above sound a little contrived >_>
Though all in all I doubt they even knew themselves what Nero was when they made him.

Err though I suppose either being possessed by Vergil or some kind of project by the order works best.
I loathe the idea of him being Vergil's kid.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#92BillysanPosted 2/13/2013 12:07:48 AM
dillpickle69 posted...

I'll admit demon souls do exist here, and I'll even go far enough to admit that there is a possibility of Vergil's soul being there, but that doesn't change the fact that it just sounds stupid to me and like it's pulled out of some half-assed anime's plot and I'm sure there are others who agree with me.

And the other plots in past DMC games sound like they are not pulled out of anime...? (I won't say half-assed because that's all subjective)
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#93dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:39:13 AM(edited)
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

I'll admit demon souls do exist here, and I'll even go far enough to admit that there is a possibility of Vergil's soul being there, but that doesn't change the fact that it just sounds stupid to me and like it's pulled out of some half-assed anime's plot and I'm sure there are others who agree with me.

And the other plots in past DMC games sound like they are not pulled out of anime...? (I won't say half-assed because that's all subjective)

Excluding 3 & 4, not really... I just find it stupid in any game or show when people who are dead seem to come back in one form or another, without an acceptable explanation. For example, Goku constantly dying and coming back is fine, because there has been confirmed to be a life after death and he can always get wished back. Unless they can confirm that everyone's souls go somewhere after they die in the DMC universe, I'll find it stupid.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#94dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:34:52 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Though all in all I doubt they even knew themselves what Nero was when they made him.

I'm sure they did at first, but then they had to deform and cut the game in half to meet deadlines, and along the lines they probably forgot what they were gonna do, or were in too much of a careless rush to notice their plotholes.
---
#95ShadowZero007Posted 2/13/2013 12:35:43 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Excluding DMC3, not really... I just find it stupid in any game or show when people who are dead seem to come back in one form or another, without an acceptable explanation. For example, Goku constantly dying and coming back is fine, because there has been confirmed to be a life after death and he can always get wished back. Unless they can confirm that everyone's souls go somewhere after they die in the DMC universe, I'll find it stupid.

Wouldn't one assume hell/heaven?
>_> You know they never are too clear about the nature of demon's in DMC.

They might just be trans-dimensional beings for all we know. Though I guess even if they existed with their religious connotiations in tact that'd still be an apt description...
---
#96dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:41:13 AM
ShadowZero007 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Excluding DMC3, not really... I just find it stupid in any game or show when people who are dead seem to come back in one form or another, without an acceptable explanation. For example, Goku constantly dying and coming back is fine, because there has been confirmed to be a life after death and he can always get wished back. Unless they can confirm that everyone's souls go somewhere after they die in the DMC universe, I'll find it stupid.

Wouldn't one assume hell/heaven?
>_> You know they never are too clear about the nature of demon's in DMC.

They might just be trans-dimensional beings for all we know. Though I guess even if they existed with their religious connotiations in tact that'd still be an apt description...

But they never actually confirmed a heaven/hell in DMC, the demon world isn't necessarily hell, just another dimension >.>
---
#97ShadowZero007Posted 2/13/2013 12:41:13 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

I'm sure they did at first, but then they had to deform and cut the game in half to meet deadlines, and along the lines they probably forgot what they were gonna do, or were in too much of a careless rush to notice their plotholes.

Eh yeah; They probably at the least had an idea that kinda got "lost in translation"

---
#98BillysanPosted 2/13/2013 1:02:35 AM(edited)
dillpickle69 posted...
Billysan posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Excluding 3 & 4, not really... I just find it stupid in any game or show when people who are dead seem to come back in one form or another, without an acceptable explanation. For example, Goku constantly dying and coming back is fine, because there has been confirmed to be a life after death and he can always get wished back. Unless they can confirm that everyone's souls go somewhere after they die in the DMC universe, I'll find it stupid.

3 and 4 make up a large part of the DMC canon...you can't just exclude them to support your argument.

The entire plot of DMC3 mirrors Inuyasha...

Nero is a typical Shonen hero.

And like I said before Vergil doesn't have to be dead for the possesses theory to work. Going by the history of DMC in the DMC4 install screen Vergil's soul was already separated from his body. And the series has shown souls existing with out their body. This is all you need.

There's no reason to automatically jump to the conclusion that Vergil came back from the after life has a soul.

The theory of possession doesn't need proof that souls go somewhere when they die because Vergil's soul never needs to go there.
---
#99UltDeadpoolPosted 2/13/2013 4:53:49 PM
Swarles posted...
UltDeadpool posted...
"Possessed by Vergil" makes the most sense.

On the day he gets the arm, he hears a voice in his head say "Power. Give me more, power." Which sounds like Vergil. His DT is also an apparition of what appears to be Vergil looming around him, fighting independently of Nero using Yamato and using Summoned Swords.

Possessed by Vergil does not explain where he got Spardas blood.

Being possessed by Vergil could had changed Nero, not only did his arm mutate but his hair turned white and his blood became mixed with Vergil's.

The alternative, being Sparda's grandson, does not explain the Vergil-looking spirit aiding him in battle and a lack of a demon form.
---
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
DEADPOOL: Merc with a Mouth
#100BillysanPosted 2/13/2013 7:50:25 PM(edited)
UltDeadpool posted...
Swarles posted...
UltDeadpool posted...
"Possessed by Vergil" makes the most sense.

On the day he gets the arm, he hears a voice in his head say "Power. Give me more, power." Which sounds like Vergil. His DT is also an apparition of what appears to be Vergil looming around him, fighting independently of Nero using Yamato and using Summoned Swords.

Possessed by Vergil does not explain where he got Spardas blood.

Being possessed by Vergil could had changed Nero, not only did his arm mutate but his hair turned white and his blood became mixed with Vergil's.

The alternative, being Sparda's grandson, does not explain the Vergil-looking spirit aiding him in battle and a lack of a demon form.

Why can't it be both. Possession and ancestor.

It would explain why Vergil actually possessed Nero's hand in the first place.

Though Sparda could of mixed gene pools 500 or more years before DMC4. Doesn't have to be one or two generations.
---