So I went into a Gamestop today to price a used copy of DMC4..

#1ClericIdolaPosted 2/11/2013 7:05:26 PM
..since I remembered the game going for as low as $5 at one point, and I wanted to give it another run to draw a better comparison to DmC, as opposed to using Bayonetta as a point of reference. My cousin also needed to go into Gamestop as well to buy a $20 PSN card, and since I'm super sick right now, I'll be taking off work tomorrow to rest and play video games.

As I walk in I see this new chick working there with a little bit of a fatty on her; face-game really isn't much to brag about, but the backside redeems her a tad bit for a one-nighter. Anyway, she approaches me and asks if she can help me with anything this evening. I ask her about DMC4's used pricing and availability -- the latter which I had already figured out by the game casing not being on the floor -- and she tells me that the game is $14 and is unavailable after a quick POS search. Cool, whatever, I just bought RE6 for $20 and I'm being cheap as-is anyway. She then proceeds to ask if there's anything else she could help me find in place of DMC4. I explain to her my reasons for wanting to pick up that title, and that I already have DmC on reserve at another Gamestop (particularly the one I was an assistant manager at between 07 and 09), and that I had opted out of day-one-purchasing because even though I really enjoyed the demo, I hadn't seen what I've seen in MGR:R to justify a $60 purchase right now....

...and this is the point where things start to go downhill.

For one, I'm baffled at this salesman approach that she has. Maybe it's new to me because the only Gamestop I shop at primarily is the old one I used to manage, and everyone knows me there as former Gamestop, so there's no point in them "super selling" me anything. Secondly, I currently work for Best Buy as a sales consultant, so even though we don't work in commission, we're trained as salesman -- so I'm not privy to the approach at all anymore. But hey, I entertain the convo because she has a fatty with that one-nighter appeal -- but THEN the word "husband" comes out of her mouth and all of that goes down the drain. Anyway, as I search for an exit route out of the encounter, I get into the subject of DmC's 30FPS being a slight hindrance when you're used to 60FPS, especially from the previous games/Bayonetta. However, I do explain to her that, as technical as I can be about action games, I'm not anal about them. I reinforce this by stating that I find Battlefield 3 to be a much more enjoyable first-person shooter, even though CoD run at a consistent 60FPS.

...how the **** does "lulz teh internetz connectionz haz more teh do wit teh FPS cuz 140 is teh highest and u needz it for teh shadowz" come around as her response to all this?

At this point I'm annoyed because for one, I work for Best Buy. This is the same **** I do to people on a daily basis, except when I approach people -- I'm gonna be blunt -- I keep it real with them. If you feel me on that then there's no reason for me to further explain what "keeping it real with them" is. Secondly, I've already explained to this ***** that I used to work for Gamestop, as a manager none the less. You're wasting your time approaching me as if I were just a customer. Third, this ***** just started pulling some random PC **** out of that fatty of hers (still can't deny that) I guess in order to look "knowledgeable" or whatever (i.e. "I play WoW, which is World of Warcraft".... *****, I know what WOW means.) when I started spitting that knowledge about **** she really didn't know WTF she was talking about,. Then her douche of a manager walks up to us from talking off my cousin's head and she tells him I'm a technical gamer.. I tell this guy about my 60-to-30FPS issue with DmC (if you can even calll it an issue), and this guy goes to tell me "lulz I guess yiou're gettin Crysis 3 next week eh cuz of teh graphix?"

-_-;
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."
#2RetsuxDPosted 2/11/2013 7:08:22 PM
F***ING GAMESTOP

Mandatory.
#3Qwesar23464Posted 2/11/2013 7:13:04 PM
You seem like a classy gentleman and I can not even believe the incongruous manner that such a voluptuous woman would end up engaging in such banter with you!

Bully!
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#4ReliusCloverPosted 2/11/2013 7:13:36 PM
Fatties are gross.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#5Chrono_teethPosted 2/11/2013 7:14:35 PM
not gonna lie
the stupid crap at the beginning dewarrants any dumb bs you had to experience at gamestop
grow up a smidge, then the rest will be recognizable as a problem.
---
wohhhohohoh
#6zhaoyun99Posted 2/11/2013 7:16:08 PM
Funny was that at the mall GS, when I ask about DmC. She just slowly said, it was a reboot and don't know what kind of anger did that game was made out to be. I started slowly explain to her (Funny thing that she didn't act like she know everything and actually acknowledge what I said) the reason why and she goes "Oh, now I get it." She didn't even know that NT develop DmC until I told her. Your GS counter was a B****** though. Well, lucky me. Not all GS employee know about video games.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#7360pagesPosted 2/11/2013 7:17:14 PM
It's glad we've evolved past the point that we judge woman if they are good for a one night stand or not.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#8ClericIdola(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:22:09 PM
@Chrono_teeth

Lol.. Okay, you've gained your cool-n-witty points for the evening.
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."
#9Qwesar23464Posted 2/11/2013 7:36:55 PM
ClericIdola posted...
@Chrono_teeth

Lol.. Okay, you've gained your cool-n-witty points for the evening.

...But what about my cool-n-witty points, old bean?
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#10NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/11/2013 7:42:45 PM
No offense, but perhaps saying that she's a fatty wasn't the right thing to do. Even if she did come off as a know-it-all who doesn't know much, perhaps calling her those things wasn't the right thing to do.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.