Anti's!!!! DmC Poll

#1TheBestGman2007Posted 2/12/2013 1:04:40 AM
Would you have liked DmC, if it wasn't Devil May Cry titled? - Results (67 votes)
Yes, I would've liked it.
8.96% (6 votes)
No, it'd still suck.
49.25% (33 votes)
Meh, I'd still remain neutral.
31.34% (21 votes)
Other (post)
10.45% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm curious to the Anti's opinion on this game, if it wasn't titled as a Devil May Cry game.

Let's hypothetically call it Angels vs. Demons...

and replace Dante with "Geoff," Kat with "Tasha," and Vergil with "Gloom."

As a new IP from NT, with no expectations of dmc, what would you think of the game?

btw, as you know I consider myself a "neutral" on the board. I've got gripes with both series.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.
#2DuuuDe14Posted 2/12/2013 1:05:55 AM
I never would have noticed it.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#3Hiryuu_TsurugiPosted 2/12/2013 1:09:27 AM
Selected other. Honestly, I would have to give the game a shot/a look to see whether or not the game is actually worth playing.

And much like how I feel now, I would think the game is solid as far as the gameplay goes, particularly when considering entertainment value, and I would think the environments and the aesthetic of the game were well thought out and put together quite well. On the con side, I would feel that the story is poorly presented, the characters are pretty wooden and don't give me a reason to care for them, the aesthetic, while well put together for what it's trying to accomplish, isn't particularly attractive, and the attempt to be a social commentary would come across as anvilicious and forced, rather than sly and wickedly sharp.
---
GT: FroznLockz, PSN: SpectreAlpha
"Tatakai no naka ni, kotai wo aru."
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/12/2013 1:10:39 AM
I'd still think it was a very mediocre game (NT doesn't usually make great games), but I'd just ignore it. It would be among the other "looks meh, not my thing" games that release throughout the year for me.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5dillpickle69Posted 2/12/2013 1:15:21 AM(edited)
"I wouldn't have noticed it" isn't a valid response, the question is how you'd feel about the game, not how you'd discover it. Assume you'd heard of it when answering.

That being said, I'd like it a lot, because my only problem with it is that it is a supposed reboot with no similarities to the original, and threatens to replace it.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#6HaruKryPosted 2/12/2013 1:24:38 AM
Alright Noooooo. Being the ANTI that I am.

Im going to have to say, that if you think that this game sucks and WOULD suck If it wasnt ATTEMPTING to be apart of the "Devil May Cry" name.

Then your just being being ignorant at this point. XP

Im for squad MATURE Antis. Im not bashing without good reason.
---
There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain...
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/12/2013 1:27:08 AM
HaruKry posted...

Im going to have to say, that if you think that this game sucks and WOULD suck If it wasnt ATTEMPTING to be apart of the "Devil May Cry" name.

... except there are still reasons that it's a mediocre game. It's a 6/10 game dude, with or without the DMC name.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8KyryloPosted 2/12/2013 1:30:09 AM
I've give it a chance than...which I didn't given because it replaced original one.
#9HaruKryPosted 2/12/2013 1:31:39 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
HaruKry posted...

... except there are still reasons that it's a mediocre game. It's a 6/10 game dude, with or without the DMC name.

...Okay,True. XP

..I mean...I thought It was visually pleasing at times.

Like,It had some neat concepts but...Yeah. XP
---
There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain...
#10lnoscopedJFKPosted 2/12/2013 4:32:42 PM
I think it's a good game, but a horrible DMC game. So with that out of the way, I'd probably like it.