DmC= Dumb Move Capcom

#1JanneDaArc135Posted 2/12/2013 2:25:52 AM
One of my friends came up with it and I couldn't help but laugh :)

Seriously I am so glad this game flopped. This time Capcom got their butt served by the fan base. This is exactly what Capcom deserved after not only alienating their own fan base but even INSULTING us as well.

But of course to everyone who likes the game people who think its crap only care about Dante's "hair" lol.

I personally don't care if you like the game. If you do, great. Good for you. I for one can not even begin to imagine why this would be considered a "good game."

It's like people refuse to accept the games apparent flaws and cling to the hope that the game is good.

I can't believe Capcom did NOT think this would happen. What else would happen after you insult your own fan base and try to release crap as a new game lol?

As someone who has been a fan from the very beginning I agree with the majority in that I would rather see Dante rest in peace than another DmC game.

I really hope Capcom learns from this (they won't but oh well) and starts listening and respecting their fan base. I would hope they would be smart enough and release DMC5 next in order to salvage what fan base they have left. Probably won't happen but like I said before, I would rather see Dante laid to rest than have him endure the suffering of another DmC game.

Now.......go hatemail! (Raises Flame Shield).
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#2CrimzonHeadPosted 2/12/2013 2:27:27 AM
You dont need a flame shield, hating this game is okay around here.
---
"I could beat Mike Tyson in a fight with a pistol. Where are all of my cool points?" - Sliq6969
Don't be scared homie
#3wwinterj25Posted 2/12/2013 2:32:53 AM(edited)
When Capcom announced this game they should have just scrapped it as they should have known it would flop. They however continued on and tried to feed fans BS by saying "it's still Devil May Cry". Needless to say folk ignored that and the glowing reviews as the game flopped.

I'm happy it did because Capcom took the fans for granted and assumed they would buy anything with the Devil May Cry name on it. I'm happy game reviewers are pissed because fans didn't lap up any crap they post. Capcom, NT and these reviewers can blame the fan base all they want but at the end of he day it was Capcoms stupid choices that made it this way. This is a win for the human race and a loss for greedy developers. Dumb move Capcom fits here.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4IamthekuzalolPosted 2/12/2013 2:50:36 AM
Flaming this game is not only welcomed, it's allowed. -Batista

As for your points, i do agree wholeheartedly with you. Capcom was really dumbass to believe that NT would come up with anything that would match COD's sales. (Their initial projection sales was 5 mil, rofl)

Next, we have Tameem treating the original fans like they were some kind of disposable waste, Capcom didn't even bother to step up to do any damage control. Well, at least i gotta witness this one hell of a flop and i am pleased.
#5YukitoRamboPosted 2/12/2013 2:57:07 AM
I for one, don't think DmC's all that bad. It's standards in gameplay sure have decreased a lot when you compare to past games, but on it's own, it's a decent time waster. JUST... perhaps not something I'd tell anyone to blow 60 bucks over. Maybe 40 at most.

The way people behaved towards DmC now is just a result of them sick and tired of Capcom's controversies. Between SFxT's 12 characters, true ending for Asura's Wrath demanding extra pay, persisting on RE being action, Megaman Legends 3's cancellation, etc etc etc...

It's not easy to snap fans up. Many had to grudgingly accept RE4 and how Street Fighter 4 charged for extra costumes, but they took fans' tolerance for granted and pushed further. Now that most of us have really 'snapped', it's now too easy to look at everything they do as deliberate attempts to piss people off. Let's not forget how dissenters were always quickly told to 'vote with our wallets'. Now that we actually did that, it still became our fault.

TL;DR: Capcom has just lost too much respect. It'll be a very uphill task to gain fans' trust and goodwill again, and that is what's affecting DmC's reception; Ninja Theory's blatant disrespect for original fans not withstanding.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#6JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:57:25 AM
Amen my brothers :)
Seeing this game flop really made my day :)
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#7Trailblazer34Posted 2/12/2013 3:26:53 AM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Amen my brothers :)
Seeing this game flop really made my day :)

Amen to common sense.

This project was doomed from the start. It may sound mean, but there was absolutely no way i would like this game, i knew from the first trailer that the game wasnt for me, and certainly not a good direction for the series.

Glad to think I'm not the only one who feels this way.
#8Capt_HerlockPosted 2/12/2013 3:27:22 AM
So wouldn't DMC still stand for dumb move Capcom, even for the old ones?
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 2/12/2013 4:02:13 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...

They don't have the letters DMC as one word in their name so no.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#10Capt_HerlockPosted 2/12/2013 4:03:25 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

They don't have the letters DMC as one word in their name so no.

If it helps you sleep at night.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock