DmC= Dumb Move Capcom

#161Damien94Posted 2/12/2013 10:25:39 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...

The game is a good game. That can't even be argued. I've played bad games before, DmC is absolutely not one. So saying it sucks is in fact unfair. If you deny this, you're just being a biased fanboy who doesn't want to accept the game is far better then you want to pretend it is.

Based on what criteria is this a "good game"?

Our judgement that this game is "bad" or "average/decent" is based off rational, objective comparison to previous titles in the series. With possibly the sole exception of DMC2, DmC falls short in EVERY category of judgment: Gameplay, story, dialogue, length, replayability, depth, and difficulty options.

If it was it's own IP, it would be an average H&S game, nothing special. But when they dared to put the name Devil May Cry on it, it becomes a bad game in the franchise since it doesn't meet even the basic standards of it's predecessors.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#162HellsControllerPosted 2/12/2013 10:33:51 PM
CrimzonHead posted...
You dont need a flame shield, hating this game is okay around here.

In fact, we encourage it!
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#163darkslayer001Posted 2/12/2013 11:04:05 PM
I can see why this game warrants all the hate, but not the praise....I mean the game is already out, there is nothing left to compare to past DMCs, everything has bin a downgrade.

honestly DmC seems like an amateur job to me. Felt like they either had no funds or experience. But I can also see why its mediocre rather than just a crappy game, mainly because it copied of a top tier HnS game, its bound to get some attention. The only people who consider DmC a better game than past DMCs have either not played the previous game, or likes the new aesthetic, or never played a HnS.
#164ShadowZero007Posted 2/12/2013 11:05:23 PM
I for one rather enjoyed the game.
The winner in this "pro" v "anti" epeen contest is me. :p
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#165finalfantasy94Posted 2/12/2013 11:39:29 PM
its so dam sad that when people dont like a game they want it to flop. All it does it make you look like a child and nothing more.
#166Narugarex13Posted 2/13/2013 1:25:53 AM
DMC's strong point: Niche Battle System that takes time to master and seemingly endless if enemies are invincible.

NT's reputation: decent story.... mediocre gameplay mechanic.

It's a shady move from capcom from the very beginning, they fed a third rate developer to continue their complex game that is established by the sheer mechanic complexity that is actually fun instead of frustrating with minor bugs at worst.

NT's heavenly sword was an okay game but is ultimately forgettable for obvious reasons.
NT have never been known as a capable developer in terms of creating a solid gameplay mechanic, DMC got its reputation from THAT specific aspect.

So yeah.... kudos to TC & friends for pointing it out.
#167SilentS89Posted 2/13/2013 1:28:15 AM
Narugarex13 posted...
DMC's strong point: Niche Battle System that takes time to master and seemingly endless if enemies are invincible.

NT's reputation: decent story.... mediocre gameplay mechanic.

It's a shady move from capcom from the very beginning, they fed a third rate developer to continue their complex game that is established by the sheer mechanic complexity that is actually fun instead of frustrating with minor bugs at worst.

NT's heavenly sword was an okay game but is ultimately forgettable for obvious reasons.
NT have never been known as a capable developer in terms of creating a solid gameplay mechanic, DMC got its reputation from THAT specific aspect.

So yeah.... kudos to TC & friends for pointing it out.

Honestly, I think somebody in Capcom West was BFFs with Tameem or something.

Because choosing NT to do a game where the gameplay is actually important is completely illogical.
#168CrimzonHeadPosted 2/13/2013 1:34:50 AM
finalfantasy94 posted...
its so dam sad that when people dont like a game they want it to flop. All it does it make you look like a child and nothing more.

This game brought out the worst of the DMC fanbase. Never before have I seen so much hate, hopes of bankruptcy, racial slurs and death threats become acceptable behavior over a video game >_>'
---
"I could beat Mike Tyson in a fight with a pistol. Where are all of my cool points?" - Sliq6969
Don't be scared homie
#169KyryloPosted 2/13/2013 1:55:04 AM
finalfantasy94 posted...

umm...no. Usually if I don't like game, I don't care....if by some stupid reason I haven't bought it. I hate AC...Don't care if they bring another 7-8 games.
#170SilentS89Posted 2/13/2013 2:04:16 AM
finalfantasy94 posted...
its so dam sad that when people dont like a game they want it to flop.

How is that sad? If the game succeeds it will continue to go down a bad path. By flopping it makes it clear to Capcom that we "Do Not Want".

finalfantasy94 posted...
All it does it make you look like a child and nothing more.

lol