So, how many of you hate this game......

#61Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:36:59 PM(edited)
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Bought it on day 1, hated it so much I had to literally force myself to play past like the midway point. Took it back and got the DMC Collection and Persona 4G, probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

I should also mention that I'm not what you could consider even remotely a DMC fanboy since when I played DmC I had only played DMC1 and 4 around the time they came out once each (rented them) and even then I played them on easy auto too.

XxPoster_BoyxX posted...
So according to your silly logic TC, I have to have played and finished a game that's entire concept I hate in order to judge it? Haha good one.

It unecessarily rebooted one of my favourite franchises, and along with all the videos I have seen I have enough reason not to even bother playing it. So what reason would I have for even contemplating paying $60 for it?

Where does the TC say that you have to have played the game in order to judge it?
He simply wants the opinions of those who have actually played it and hated it that doesn't automatically mean that he's saying your opinion isn't valid too just that he's not asking for your opinion here.

Stop jumping to conclusions and take that s*** some place else please.

I actually say you have to played it in my first post actually, If I'm reading your post right.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#62MoreFunThanTVPosted 2/13/2013 12:40:02 PM
Capt_Herlock posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Bought it on day 1, hated it so much I had to literally force myself to play past like the midway point. Took it back and got the DMC Collection and Persona 4G, probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

I should also mention that I'm not what you could consider even remotely a DMC fanboy since when I played DmC I had only played DMC1 and 4 around the time they came out once each (rented them) and even then I played them on easy auto too.

XxPoster_BoyxX posted...
So according to your silly logic TC, I have to have played and finished a game that's entire concept I hate in order to judge it? Haha good one.

It unecessarily rebooted one of my favourite franchises, and along with all the videos I have seen I have enough reason not to even bother playing it. So what reason would I have for even contemplating paying $60 for it?

Where does the TC say that you have to have played the game in order to judge it?
He simply wants the opinions of those who have actually played it and hated it that doesn't automatically mean that he's saying your opinion isn't valid too just that he's not asking for your opinion here.

I actually say you have to played it in my first post actually.

Yeah I assumed you meant to judge it in this particular topic and not have an opinion on it period.

But if that IS what you meant then... *Points finger* I s'pose YOU are the one I disagree with lol.
#63Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:42:56 PM
Guys, if you played it and hated it that's fine I'm not going to go after you. If you haven't played it just move along. This topic is for people who played the game and hated it.
---
#64Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:45:57 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

XxPoster_BoyxX posted...

Yeah I assumed you meant to judge it in this particular topic and not have an opinion on it period.

But if that IS what you meant then... *Points finger* I s'pose YOU are the one I disagree with lol.

I do actually like this game and I apologize if I was vague in my original post. I was just curious if people have actually played this game at all.
---
#65XxPoster_BoyxXPosted 2/13/2013 12:51:43 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...

He's repeated it a few times throughout the thread. So why don't you stop jumping to conclusions please? :) And that's exactly what he's trying to say; that our opinions are less valid.

Capt_Herlock posted...

So you're saying it's ok to hate this game, even though you haven't played it? That doesn't really seem fair. I may disagree with a lot of you but I have more of a respect for opinions of people that have actually played the game rather than judging it based on videos. Also, why bother to post in this thread? You just said you didn't even play the game, were you just trying to start a fight where there isn't one?

Yes I think it's perfectly OK. And I'm not trying to start a fight at all. I just think it's ridiculous that you think someone has to have played the entire game to judge it, and have a valid opinion on it. I'm not going to waste my money on something I know I'm not going to like. That's just extremely stupid. I have better things I could spend $60 on.

I actually have played it though (don't know why I didn't mention that :/ ), I played the demo when it was first released because I figured I could at least give the game a fair shot. It was laughable how bad it was.
---
Eh?
#66MoreFunThanTVPosted 2/13/2013 12:52:00 PM
Capt_Herlock posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

XxPoster_BoyxX posted...

I do actually like this game and I apologize if I was vague in my original post. I was just curious if people have actually played this game at all.

Nah no need to apologize since it seems we just misunderstood each other.

I bought and hated the game (see first part of my other post).

But the other guy I quoted was saying that you said basically his opinion doesn't matter if he hadn't played the game and my response to him was more or less "He's not saying your opinion isn't invalid just that this question isn't for you only those who have played it and hated it".
#67Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:04:38 PM
XxPoster_BoyxX posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

He's repeated it a few times throughout the thread. So why don't you stop jumping to conclusions please? :) And that's exactly what he's trying to say; that our opinions are less valid.

Capt_Herlock posted...

So you're saying it's ok to hate this game, even though you haven't played it? That doesn't really seem fair. I may disagree with a lot of you but I have more of a respect for opinions of people that have actually played the game rather than judging it based on videos. Also, why bother to post in this thread? You just said you didn't even play the game, were you just trying to start a fight where there isn't one?

Yes I think it's perfectly OK. And I'm not trying to start a fight at all. I just think it's ridiculous that you think someone has to have played the entire game to judge it, and have a valid opinion on it. I'm not going to waste my money on something I know I'm not going to like. That's just extremely stupid. I have better things I could spend $60 on.

I actually have played it though (don't know why I didn't mention that :/ ), I played the demo when it was first released because I figured I could at least give the game a fair shot. It was laughable how bad it was.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. This thread is for people who played it and didn't like it, if you played the game (not the demo) and hated it whatever it's cool. I played the Dead Space 3 demo and thought it was awesome. I played the game, trudged through it hated it. I couldn't judge DS3 on the demo because I just played one part of the game. In the demo for DmC they give you one level and one boss fight. I thought the demo for DmC was ok it wasn't until I played the game I really got in to and gave it it's fair shot. Sorry to drag on I just find it impossible to judge anything until I've given it it's fair shot. However, everyone is different so if you don't like that's fine but my topic is for people that have played it and hated it. Not saying that you're wrong if anything I appreciate your honesty.
---
#68MoreFunThanTVPosted 2/13/2013 1:12:47 PM(edited)
XxPoster_BoyxX posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

Whatever then, still don't see how making a topic where you only want to hear the opinions of people who have played the full game automatically means you think the people who haven't are invalid just means you want to hear the opinions of a particular group.

And even if he does it still doesn't really have a thing to do with this topic anyway since it's not about trying to convince you to play the full game before judging it it's about what people who actually played the game and hated it thought.
#69Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:16:56 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
XxPoster_BoyxX posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...

Whatever then, still don't see how making a topic where you only want to hear the opinions of people who have played the full game automatically means you think the people who haven't are invalid just means you want to hear the opinions of a particular group.

And even if he does it still doesn't really have a thing to do with this topic anyway since it's not about trying to convince you to play the game before judging it it's about what people who actually played the game thought.

I was just curious who actually played the game and decided it was awful. A lot of people I know haven't touched it but only mention all the terrible things about the game. So I felt a lot of people just decided they hated the game and then only tried to find videos online of people only showing the worst parts of the game to back up their claim. I know a few people who have done that and I think it's really unfair it's like an action film and all you saw was the talking parts.
---
#70Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:41:43 PM
Anyways, I got what I wanted so I'm going to close this topic now. Thank you for all who posted and participated and remember that just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I hate you.
---