Capcom: We prefer new IPs over Reboots

#31Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:24:41 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
ramzariot posted...
All I know is I'm not buying off them unless I'm sure they have abandoned disc-locked content.

now they just rerelease games ... you know like DD Dark Arisen?

Yep, they also did it with DMC 3 SE...

DMC HD Collection...

How many times did they do that with SF2?

Yeah, they did a lot.

Some guys just act like DmC is the beginning of it, lol.

no. It's not. Last drop for me was RE6, not DmC. It's just Capcom yet have to win at least some trust....Also: good luck to Dark Arisen buyers. I won't buy it new, because I don't want Itsuno to make Dark Arisen Ultra mega super edition.
#32vgman94Posted 2/13/2013 12:47:55 AM
Thunder097 posted...
The future look grim for the whole series. You "fans" kill DMC lol. The fanbase of COD is better than DMC fanbase.

At least the COD fanbase is loyal. Sadly, they're loyal because they endlessly repeat the same crappy gameplay over and over with minor changes. The fact that repetition seems to be considered "good" in this day and age is very discouraging.
#33BillysanPosted 2/13/2013 1:07:14 AM
Their error is out sourcing to crappy development studios..
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#34Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:23:50 AM
Billysan posted...
Their error is out sourcing to crappy development studios..

Well, soon I will not know what Capcom stands for if they continue down that road.
#35SilentS89Posted 2/13/2013 1:53:25 AM
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
I just read german article with this statement dated today....I post it for those who knows little german:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/dino-crisis/news/capcom,36748,3009312.html
Future looks grim for DmC.

More like the future looks grim for the DMC franchise period.

I've been saying this all along.

Their main focus are to create new IP's and re-inventing old ones. Therefore classic DMC isn't even an option anymore. If they decide to continue with the DMC franchise, it sure in hell won't be DMC5.

They will probably go with new Dante or re-invent the franchise again. I seriously doubt they'll even bother with it.

So that probably means that they're having talks with NT to re-invent the Onimusha series instead of working on DmC2. Because if Capcom enjoyed the partnership and working with that developer, they'll throw more work their way. Which is the case with NT at the moment.

You probably haven't read the post. Capcom said NO to reboots. The decided to concentrate on new IPs. No more Onimusha or Dino Crisis.

Even if Capcom did reboot Onimusha, there is no way they would bring such a japanesy game to the west.
#36LordKaizerPosted 2/13/2013 2:12:52 AM
Darkwolf Bloodsbane posted...
I'd prefer Mega Man Legends 3 over just about ANYTHING ELSE Capcom makes.

don't remind me of crapcom with their idiotic statement like "the fans didn't want it enough" even though the whole internet got exploded when they canned the game (hell, it still a hot topic on crapcom unity to this day).
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#37SiLVeR_420Posted 2/13/2013 2:14:27 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
I just read german article with this statement dated today....I post it for those who knows little german:

Their main focus are to create new IP's and re-inventing old ones. Therefore classic DMC isn't even an option anymore. If they decide to continue with the DMC franchise, it sure in hell won't be DMC5.

They will probably go with new Dante or re-invent the franchise again. I seriously doubt they'll even bother with it.

So that probably means that they're having talks with NT to re-invent the Onimusha series instead of working on DmC2. Because if Capcom enjoyed the partnership and working with that developer, they'll throw more work their way. Which is the case with NT at the moment.

You probably haven't read the post. Capcom said NO to reboots. The decided to concentrate on new IPs. No more Onimusha or Dino Crisis.

Even if Capcom did reboot Onimusha, there is no way they would bring such a japanesy game to the west.

I can't think of a good developer for a new Dino Crisis either...maybe People Can Fly depending on how good Gears Judgement is.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#38Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:15:40 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...

Well, there was mentioning in first Onimusha that genma were in Europe too...so maybe it would've worked. But not with such talentless studio as NT.
#39Sephivengeance9Posted 2/13/2013 5:58:29 AM
vgman94 posted...
Thunder097 posted...
The future look grim for the whole series. You "fans" kill DMC lol. The fanbase of COD is better than DMC fanbase.

At least the COD fanbase is loyal. Sadly, they're loyal because they endlessly repeat the same crappy gameplay over and over with minor changes. The fact that repetition seems to be considered "good" in this day and age is very discouraging.

When the gameplay goes from being technical, deep and fun to a shallow imitation of an inferior game that brings absolutely NOTHING fresh to the series, you're damn right we want the better game. The fact that taking massive leaps backwards in this day and age is considered "good" is what I find very discouraging.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3