So much hate, so much love

#1delta_12Posted 2/12/2013 8:12:05 AM
i am puzzled..

My copy will arrive tomorrow. My local store will only get 2 copies. With their one day return policy and no rental services had this game, i only have so little times to test it.

Well i always ended up with different perception with the majority so far, I hope i will enjoy it.

I just curious if 3 hours enough for this? i only had 3 hours to spare for gaming tomorrow and i don't want wasting times for returning this copy

thanks
#2KyryloPosted 2/12/2013 8:14:26 AM
Take 3 hours from your sleep and run through it. It is only 6.30 long. Or play on easy....you may end up finishing it under 4 hours.
#3RetsuxDPosted 2/12/2013 8:16:13 AM
Average playthrough is like below 7 hours, mostly because of cutscenes which amount to around 2 hours worth of time.

See if you have time to play it for 3 more hours.
#4QCTeamkillPosted 2/12/2013 8:19:21 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Take 3 hours from your sleep and run through it. It is only 6.30 long. Or play on easy....you may end up finishing it under 4 hours.

I call BS on that.

6hrs maybe if you just run through it... 4hrs, without the super Dante costume, on a first playthrough, just no.

FWIW, Kyrylo once confessed DmC killed his best childhood friend, you be the judge.
#5KyryloPosted 2/12/2013 8:21:30 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Kyrylo posted...

I call BS on that.

6hrs maybe if you just run through it... 4hrs, without the super Dante costume, on a first playthrough, just no.

FWIW, Kyrylo once confessed DmC killed his best childhood friend, you be the judge.

if you skip cutscenes it's possible. 6-2 hours of cutscene....call it BS again. + on easy it must be pretty fast kills on most enemies.
#6QCTeamkillPosted 2/12/2013 8:31:13 AM
Kyrylo posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Kyrylo posted...

I call BS on that.

if you skip cutscenes it's possible. 6-2 hours of cutscene....call it BS again. + on easy it must be pretty fast kills on most enemies.

So your best GFAQ advice is that this guy should just speedrun the whole game, skip all cutscenes, and do it all on easy?
#7delta_12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:04:46 AM
thank you so much for any of responses. .
so Basicaly average gameplay around 7 hours. 4 hours for speed run. Then i have to cut my work hours and sleep hours. I need to manage all of that tomorrow some how. I hope i can spare 7 hours tomorrow.

once again, thanks.
#8delta_12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:26:13 AM(edited)
done..

Play for around 7 hours.
IMO its not that bad. I quite enjoyed some of their aspects.
I have no complaint about character design because in my opinion, Western character should be drawed like western character. eg I like the design on Persona series, but i didn't like when they do that on dante and vergil's demon design on dmc3. I like Kia asamiya's character design in his original manga, but i didn't like his style in X Men comic books.
I am not dmc expert and my nephew could pull sss style on dmc3 more than me. I did notice the difference in frame rates with its predecessor, the awkwardness to pull a couple moves and the swearing thing. I think it beat the record that Eddy Murphy had pulled in one scene on the movie with Arsenio in a bad way.
I probably keep this game anyway if my local store didn't called me. I can exchange with another new game of my choice with no additional payment as long as the disk didn't had any scratch. I went on my lunch time and exchanged with Dishonour. Apparently there are some guy that willing to buy my copy with full price.

Once again thank you for sharing
#9DarkJaydragonPosted 2/15/2013 9:27:42 AM
delta_12 posted...
done..

Play for around 7 hours.
IMO its not that bad. I quite enjoyed some of their aspects.
I have no complaint about character design because in my opinion, Western character should be drawed like western character. eg I like the design on Persona series, but i didn't like when they do that on dante and vergil's demon design on dmc3. I like Kia asamiya's character design in his original manga, but i didn't like his style in X Men comic books.
I am not dmc expert and my nephew could pull sss style on dmc3 more than me. I did notice the difference in frame rates with its predecessor, the awkwardness to pull a couple moves and the swearing thing. I think it beat the record that Eddy Murphy had pulled in one scene on the movie with Arsenio in a bad way.
I probably keep this game anyway if my local store didn't called me. I can exchange with another new game of my choice with no additional payment as long as the disk didn't had any scratch. I went on my lunch time and exchanged with Dishonour. Apparently there are some guy that willing to buy my copy with full price.

Once again thank you for sharing

Dishonoured is a great game, the ending is awful though.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#10Psychochild27Posted 2/15/2013 9:48:23 AM

I dunno, I did five and a half hours skipping the cutscenes up to Mission 10. Four+ hours isn't unfeasible for a first playthrough if you skip them.