The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Your thoughts on the game's music?

#1Shadow CloudPosted 2/12/2013 8:54:55 AM
It's really all a matter of preference, but I don't find it as endearing as DMC1 and DMC3 along with DMC4 to a degree. DmC's soundtrack seem to focus more on heavy metal (Combichrist) during regular fights and dubstep-like music (Noisia) for boss fights. I can't seem to remember what exploration music there was aside from the techno for Lilith's Club, which felt fitting. I guess the music is okay and fitting for the game's situations, but it's not something that stays with you after it's done.

For me, I like the previous games' soundtracks because there were more variety. My preference leans more toward classical orchestral music so something like Vergil 3 from DMC3 was just plain awesome along with the upgrade statue music from DMC1. However, a lot of the rock and techno infused music from DMC1 (the main two battle themes and Nelo Angelo) just energizes and make you feel like a badass who doesn't afraid of anything. Meanwhile, the songs by Shootie HG were strangely catchy in the later games.
#2KyonFumoPosted 2/12/2013 8:55:39 AM
[Wubeth increases in volume]
---
"Giles, I accidentally killed Spike. That's okay, right?"
PSN: flashfumoLIVE - Hyped for Tales of Xillia and Neptunia Victory
#3Psychochild27Posted 2/12/2013 8:55:52 AM
Your thoughts on the game's music?

Euuuuuuuuuuwgh.
#4SephirothDZXPosted 2/12/2013 8:57:13 AM
The music in DmC works with the game. Because crap goes well with crap. (HEYOOO)

Seriously though, I didn't really like the music in this game. If I want to listen a bunch of barking dogs scream to bad music I'll head down to a Gentlemen's club when the dancers are on their period.
#5RHS_1Posted 2/12/2013 9:06:02 AM
I really like all the music from dmc3, especially like tc said, Vergil's themes are amazing. Dmc4 soundtracks was not memorable to me but I still enjoyed it.

Now dmc st... I LOVED it. The metal is what I've been waiting for in a DMC game. It fits it perfectly and I found myself immediately head banging once the game started.

As for the dub step I don't listen to it ever but I liked it in this game it sounded cool, and that's all I can say about that.
---
http://www.aimini.net/view/?fid=UjaGCbm7HXUqbpMuoLXD
Official Captain Commando of the MvC3 boards!
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/12/2013 9:32:19 AM
KyonFumo posted...
[Wubeth increases in volume]

Yep...some of the worst **** I have ever heard in my whole life.
#7KyryloPosted 2/12/2013 9:33:26 AM
I will dance on your grave! ....UTS, UTS, UTS, WUB, WUB, WUB
#8zhaoyun99Posted 2/12/2013 9:57:19 AM
It's mainly 90% dubstep with a little use of Metal. It tried WAY TOO HARD TO BE EDGY AND COOL. The previous game music often focus on the battle situation and the lyrics usually describe how to kick devil's ass. Oh, the screaming: "Hey, I'm trying hard to be cool. PLEASE like me." I don't even know the meaning behind the lyric. In this old games, I could understand it perfectly.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#9RD_21Posted 2/12/2013 10:05:12 AM
I loved the music in the demo, but I haven't started the game yet so I can't say if I will like or hate everything in the game.
#10Shadow Cloud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:22:56 AM
zhaoyun99 posted...
It's mainly 90% dubstep with a little use of Metal. It tried WAY TOO HARD TO BE EDGY AND COOL. The previous game music often focus on the battle situation and the lyrics usually describe how to kick devil's ass. Oh, the screaming: "Hey, I'm trying hard to be cool. PLEASE like me." I don't even know the meaning behind the lyric. In this old games, I could understand it perfectly.

What song is that from because it sounds rather amusing.