Your thoughts on the game's music?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Your thoughts on the game's music?
3 years ago#21
Noisia's music is terrible. Some of the worst dubstep I've ever heard, would rather listen to Skrillex tbh.

Combichrist's music is decent.
3 years ago#22
Rising_shadow posted...
It was a rhetorical question!

Rhetorical this!
3 years ago#23
I HATE DmC's musical "style". It's just constant wub-wub-wub-wub-vrrrrrm-vrrrrrm. And during "dramatic" scenes, the wub-wub just plays slower.

The lyrics also contain cuss words. Y'know, cause DARK, EDGY AND MATURE.
My harem -
3 years ago#24
Music? All I heard was the screeching of a thousand wubs.
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
3 years ago#25

No. Combichrist is not metal. Not even close. They are Aggrotech/EBM.

I don't typically get up in arms when i hear this term abused, but i am at breaking point. Time for a little education.

Here are some examples of metal. It comes in a variety of flavors, that will be detailed beforehand. Bolded songs are essentials, though taken as a whole they deliver a rough cross section of each genre.

Heavy. The classic. The most enduring flavor of metal, also the most flexible. Melodic, crunchy, and fast.

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Thrash. Musical chaos. Intense, rough, angry. Typically a-melodic, typified by heavy riffing and blistering tempos.

Progressive. Difficult to classify, but typically very technical and complex in composition. Very demanding to perform, very mystifying to hear. Has a tendency to experiment with structure, much less likely to use conventional time signatures and chorus structure. Has some overlap with Neoclassical.

Symphony X

Dream Theater

Symphonic. Bliss. Hard edge mixed with the harmonies of orchestral accompaniment. Band to symphony ratio varies. Female vocalists are more common than in any other genre of metal.

Power. Heavy metal turned up to eleven. Unlike most other metals, doesn't shy away from major keys. As such, it can have a wider emotional range than most others. Tolkienesque imagery is common. Can have some overlap with symphonic, and very rarely, death and black.

3 years ago#26
Love it, particularly the song that plays when the Hunter trashes Dante's trailer
PSN: hypeBLEEst
3 years ago#27
It ranges from good to just alright.

I personally like it more than certain tracks from the old games (Taste the Blood) but at the same time it pales in comparison to the best f the series' OST's (Ultraviolet.)

Oh; also on an unrelated noeDMC2 despite sucking had a pretty awesome OST:

I somewhat dislike the nu-metal-esque route the series went with it's sound direction after 2.
In my restless dreams I see that town...
3 years ago#28
Why won't it WUB?

Because it's WUBETH-proof
...for Tony Redgrave...
3 years ago#29
Sounds of sick
3 years ago#30
Here are some examples of metal

I don't see any examples of Black, Viking, Avant-garde, Folk, Prog, Death or Melo Death anywhere in your list. Fail moar.
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Your thoughts on the game's music?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived