Style tips help,

#1SirLimboPosted 2/12/2013 1:18:08 PM
I posted this on the 360 board,

What can I do to get more style, I'm currently SSS on all my missions, but I can't seem to get higher then around 400k style, yet I see people with the same time as me and around 1kk style. Are they style padding somehow or something?
#2hoagie727Posted 2/12/2013 1:20:05 PM
In b4 Pes types "just hit triangle".
#3RetsuxDPosted 2/12/2013 1:21:16 PM
hoagie727 posted...

Just DD and then hit triangle.
#4FireMage7777Posted 2/12/2013 1:21:35 PM
Demon dodge, THEN hit triangle
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#5DJ_0000Posted 2/12/2013 1:21:51 PM
There's glitch with a couple of bosses that allows you to build a load of style points but most of the time it's just people using Demon Dodge at every possible opportunity. If offers a boost to style gain with Trinity Smash and the Erynx Drop becoming instant full ranks.

If you master demon dodge, which isn't all that difficult, you'll see a big boost to style scores.
#6hoagie727Posted 2/12/2013 1:21:54 PM
Don't try to match leaderboards. They are full of glitchers.

If you SSSed the mission just be happy with that.

The key to getting good ranks is simply get to SSS as fast as you can and then do not get hit.

If you are already doing that you are fine.
#7FireMage7777Posted 2/12/2013 1:21:57 PM
RetsuxD posted...
hoagie727 posted...

Just DD and then hit triangle.

Damn it!!!!
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#8FireMage7777Posted 2/12/2013 1:25:14 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
There's glitch with a couple of bosses that allows you to build a load of style points but most of the time it's just people using Demon Dodge at every possible opportunity. If offers a boost to style gain with Trinity Smash and the Erynx Drop becoming instant full ranks.

If you master demon dodge, which isn't all that difficult, you'll see a big boost to style scores.

Demon dodge boosts ANYTHING in terms of damage which increases style...
---
#9SirLimbo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 1:28:14 PM
Figured it would be DD then Hammer tbh, but that is getting downgraded in the patch, so I figured I'd not get into the habit of using it. I still DD a lot followed by other weapon combos, such as osiris etc, but they don't build style half as fast.
#10DJ_0000Posted 2/12/2013 1:29:27 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...

Demon dodge boosts ANYTHING in terms of damage which increases style...

Yeah...that's why Trinity Smash and Drop become instant SSS ranks, because they are two of the most damaging moves in the game and are easy to hit multiple enemies with. It's going to be more effective than simply doing a demon dodge followed by Hacker with Rebellion isn't it.