DMC2 is better than DmC

#31Capt_HerlockPosted 2/13/2013 9:29:38 AM
This topic is proof that no one this board has even played DmC.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#32HellsControllerPosted 2/13/2013 9:43:00 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...

No, the sales are proof of that.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#33Grey_Fox4Posted 2/13/2013 10:08:31 AM(edited)
Capt_Herlock posted...

In their defense they openly admit they haven't played it. Which is odd they are so eager to discuss it.

Anyway even if DMC2 was the finest game ever it would have made no difference, no amount of gaming excellence could make up for Argosax the Chaos, which was the last in a long line of things in DMC2 that didn't mkae sense. If the combat wasn't so slow and clunky and if every enemy didn't just stand there like a practice dummy it could have been decent.

I mean if you DT in DmC the enemies still pose more threat than DMC2 DMD enemies. The only difference is DmC DT forces them to float so you can kill them, DMC2 enemies just seem to accept and be at peace with death. "It's kl Dante I know this is DMD but I'll just stand here while you use one of your 2 attacks. I won't fight back"
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#34Capt_HerlockPosted 2/13/2013 10:21:48 AM
HellsController posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

No, the sales are proof of that.

Which is why it's weird that anyone should be allowed to say anything about it.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#35MiKe345675Posted 2/13/2013 11:03:27 AM
Wow. Really?
#36orcman905Posted 2/13/2013 11:25:20 AM
darkestmerc posted...
Take off the nostalgia glasses. The only thing DMC2 had going for it was that Dante's animations looked awesome.

DmC is, without a doubt, a far superior game.If you didn't already hate the game before playing it, that would be apparent.

hey i really liked what u just said
in your opinion is Devilmaycry3 better than the new DmC?
im only asking as im planning to get only one of these
---
currently playing Tekken6 - Armour King, Baek, Panda
#37IDS3Posted 2/13/2013 11:32:28 AM
As meh as I thought DmC was, after picking up the HD collection, and slowly taking my time to go through DMC2, this is one of the few times I can honestly say that only a delusional fanboy would like DMC2 over DmC. DmC was at least fun to play, DMC2 was for the most part a repetitive hack & slash that looked like it had been in development for the course of a week.

The combat in DMC2 is awful, navigating is a pain, upgrading E&I is enough to get you through the game fairly easily, the story is pretty much nonexistent, the main villain is something I'd expect from a Saturday morning cartoon, and Mission 14... Playing through DMC2 was almost a painful experience, and I'm glad that at least DMC3 is next up in the HD collection to rinse my hands clean.
#38Teh_TiltyuPosted 2/13/2013 12:19:37 PM
DmC was at least fun to play

hahahahaha no
---
http://i.imgur.com/kGwpi.png