To all the pros saying that sales don't make a good game....

#1JanneDaArc135Posted 2/12/2013 9:11:15 PM
Quite true. But neither does good reviews make a game good. In the end though, like the good old saying goes "Money talks, BS walks" This game flopped hard. Whether or not it is a good game (which its not but to each his own) doesn't matter to Capcom. MONEY does. Hence they will lose money on this game and therefore will not make a second one.

Like I said all the pros can put this game on a pedestal for I care but in the end it doesn't change the fact that this game flopped. As you pros so eloquently put it. We antis have won. We don't want to see Dante buried but if DMC5 is never going to happen we would at least like Dante to retire and not be further ruined.

(Flame Shield Max Power!!!!)
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#2caffiend7Posted 2/12/2013 9:13:44 PM
That's not enough, here take my power *sacrifices self so TC will survive the flames*
#3MadigariPosted 2/12/2013 9:14:17 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...

I don't get where you people feel you need this saying the game flopped. It's like saying, "I think racists are awful! (Flame Shield Max Power!!! Oh god, here comes the avalanche of dissenters!!!)"
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#4testament067Posted 2/12/2013 9:15:23 PM
My only question is...how do we know how much money Capcom made/lost on this game?
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#5JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:15:55 PM
caffiend7 posted...
That's not enough, here take my power *sacrifices self so TC will survive the flames*

Your noble sacrifice will forever be remembered :)
---
#6JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:17:37 PM
Madigari posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

I don't get where you people feel you need this saying the game flopped. It's like saying, "I think racists are awful! (Flame Shield Max Power!!! Oh god, here comes the avalanche of dissenters!!!)"

That wasn't my main point though. My main point was in saying that neither sales or reviews make a good game but in the end its money that matters. The game flopped was just a side comment <.< Also your example is a little bad <.<
---
#7MadigariPosted 2/12/2013 9:19:01 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Also your example is a little bad <.<

No, it really isn't. You're saying something that is widely considered accepted as true, and acting like you're going to get lambasted for it. It's pretty uncalled for.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#8DJ_0000Posted 2/12/2013 9:19:38 PM
As someone who likes this game I honestly don't know or care how many copies it sold, I hear it didn't sell all that well...oh well. All I'm interested in is whether they decide to make another one, I hope they do but if they make the business decision to not do so I'll be disappointed but I'll accept it.
#9caffiend7Posted 2/12/2013 9:21:30 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
caffiend7 posted...

Your noble sacrifice will forever be remembered :)

I've now been reborn as a cyborg ninja. Now if you excuse me I'm here to save gaming
#10overmaxxPosted 2/12/2013 9:25:02 PM
Well, yes, but if a game doesn't sell well enough to justify its budget, then there is SOMETHING wrong with it.