is vergil considered a villain?

#1DEBIAZPosted 2/13/2013 3:45:32 AM
for the main DMC series, mainly DMC3, is Virgil a villain or antagonist as a role?
#2SilentS89Posted 2/13/2013 3:48:10 AM
Vergil is an antagonist.

Some people find enough redeeming qualities in him to make the "villain" title debatable.

But he is definitely an antagonist.
#3KyryloPosted 2/13/2013 3:59:38 AM
DEBIAZ posted...
for the main DMC series, mainly DMC3, is Virgil a villain or antagonist as a role?

antagonist and rival...I think Arkham main villain in DMC3
#4DEBIAZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:02:04 AM
by the way, can someone clarify to me what's the difference between antagonist and villain in general for games/animes? (wiki, google said that villain are aka antagonists, same thing...)

this is what I understand:
villain - does something evil, remains evil, "never" sides with the protagonist?
antagonist - does something against the protagonist, may or may not become acquitances/friends later with the protagonist/other main characters, might team up with protagonist

so I'm pretty much confused

I was just asking because my friend asks me to make a favorite villain character list, and I was wondering if Virgil is or not, so that he'll be my no.1 lol
#5VaruneyPosted 2/13/2013 4:34:04 AM
DEBIAZ posted...
by the way, can someone clarify to me what's the difference between antagonist and villain in general for games/animes? (wiki, google said that villain are aka antagonists, same thing...)

this is what I understand:
villain - does something evil, remains evil, "never" sides with the protagonist?
antagonist - does something against the protagonist, may or may not become acquitances/friends later with the protagonist/other main characters, might team up with protagonist

so I'm pretty much confused

I was just asking because my friend asks me to make a favorite villain character list, and I was wondering if Virgil is or not, so that he'll be my no.1 lol

I think he's more of an anti-hero.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#6Ink-RibbonPosted 2/13/2013 4:35:55 AM
Vergil is a villain, he wanted to open the gates of hell. I think that's more than enough.

Case closed.
#7FireMage7777Posted 2/13/2013 4:38:09 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Vergil is a villain, he wanted to open the gates of hell. I think that's more than enough.

Case closed.

Intention is important in determining whether he is a villain though. Vergil is the game's antagonist, Arkham is the game's villain
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#8darkdragon_9600Posted 2/13/2013 4:45:01 AM
Villain: Wants to screw everything up, do evil things for the sake of evil, complete his selfish goals that will completely **** things up.

Antagonist: An opposing force to the protagonist. Might share or have the opposite goal, but will always conflict with the protagonist.

Every villain is an antagonist (taken the protagonist being a "good guy"), not every antagonist is a villain.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#9Ink-RibbonPosted 2/13/2013 4:59:34 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Case closed.

Intention is important in determining whether he is a villain though. Vergil is the game's antagonist, Arkham is the game's villain

So, if Vergil had killed 100000 people just to show he loved Dante, he wound't have been the villain?

It doesn't matter the intention. The actions and acts are the ones that count. Vergil is the game's villain, he also was using a human ( Arkham) to help him throughout the game.

Arkham is also the bad guy, just like Vergil.
#10FireMage7777Posted 2/13/2013 5:13:23 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Case closed.

So, if Vergil had killed 100000 people just to show he loved Dante, he wound't have been the villain?

It doesn't matter the intention. The actions and acts are the ones that count. Vergil is the game's villain, he also was using a human ( Arkham) to help him throughout the game.

Arkham is also the bad guy, just like Vergil.

No, Arkham is the game's villain. Vergil is the game's primary antagonist. You have no clue what you're talking about l, as usual. As another poster said a villain is always an antagonist, an antagonist isn't always a villain
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows