is vergil considered a villain?

#91DEBIAZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:25:18 PM
wow.. the messages

didn't expect to get this much post.....

still no conclusion huh...
#92AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/14/2013 1:04:18 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
He was willing to kill thousands of people for the sake of his inferiority complex. He intended to cause suffering on countless innocents for his wn selfish reasons. How the eff does that not make him a villain?

Except he didn't kill thousands of people, demons did. He didn't intend to cause suffering on innocents, that was just collateral from wanting to open the hell gate at the top of the Temen-ni-gru to go get his father's sword. That's how he's not a villain.

Also,
prince_nagash posted...
Factors like intentions, or collateral damage can contribute to whether or not we view someone as a villain.
I would say motivation and purpose would be the ultimate way to determine someone's alignment.
It's not easy, because I could easily say I have good intentions, but my actions to keep spending money selfishly or recklessly or supporting companies that damage the world or take advantage of people could place me in the villain category. Or how I don't spend my time and money on ways to help and save people, for the greater good. That could push me into the villain category could it not?

---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#93KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 2:34:45 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Vergil is a villain, he wanted to open the gates of hell. I think that's more than enough.

Case closed.

Intention is important in determining whether he is a villain though. Vergil is the game's antagonist, Arkham is the game's villain

So, if Vergil had killed 100000 people just to show he loved Dante, he wound't have been the villain?

It doesn't matter the intention. The actions and acts are the ones that count. Vergil is the game's villain, he also was using a human ( Arkham) to help him throughout the game.

Arkham is also the bad guy, just like Vergil.

so if Dante and Vergil murdered millions of people in DmC they are the good guys , huh? Yes? Right?
#94FulvipPosted 2/14/2013 3:19:02 AM
He wanted to free mankind and them enslave them again, only he would be kinder than Mundus. Sure, everything turned out a mess, but between having Vergil trying to make something out of it or Dante trying to... I can't think of anything, I will take Vergil.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#95AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/14/2013 5:07:50 AM
Thread's about the original Vergil, not DmC's.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#96embittererPosted 2/14/2013 5:26:41 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Vergil is a vilain, in both series.

He's got redeeming factors, such as he had a bad childhood and wears blue. But anyone who kills people with purpose, or let them die without a second thought is evil.

Said it before but, it's funny there's some to defend Vergil in DmC just like old times.

Who does Vergil kill? Go on, I'll wait

He kills Arkham. Dishonorably for that matter.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#97KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 6:15:19 AM
embitterer posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Vergil is a vilain, in both series.

He's got redeeming factors, such as he had a bad childhood and wears blue. But anyone who kills people with purpose, or let them die without a second thought is evil.

Said it before but, it's funny there's some to defend Vergil in DmC just like old times.

Who does Vergil kill? Go on, I'll wait

He kills Arkham. Dishonorably for that matter.

*cough, cough* when he stabbed him? well he didn'T shoot a baby and not a pregnant woman in da back.
#98roxas9001Posted 2/14/2013 6:29:45 AM
The real Vergil aka Gilver is down right evil.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#99KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 6:30:42 AM
roxas9001 posted...

yeah, right. Despite he warned Lady not to get in his way and teamed up with Dante in the end.
#100roxas9001Posted 2/14/2013 6:40:11 AM
Kyrylo posted...
roxas9001 posted...

yeah, right. Despite he warned Lady not to get in his way and teamed up with Dante in the end.

Wasn't referring to DMC3's false version.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.