This is the first DmC game I ever played...

#11Nick_KazamaPosted 2/13/2013 7:01:14 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
This is the only DmC game...

---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#12RichterB17Posted 2/13/2013 7:39:44 PM
Mixorz posted...
Is every game some dark emo kids wet dream? Most of the character interactions were so unnecessarily dark they became laughable. The cursing seems to be put in for shock value. but they dont really have the desired effects, and is basically like seeing teenagers using naughty language. Not to mention the combat is simplified to the point of use red weapons on red enemies, blue weapons on blue enemies. Dubstep is horrible as well.

God this game is bad, glad I just rented it.

Try DMC1 and 3. They are much different and in my opinion better games.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#13Sephivengeance9Posted 2/13/2013 7:43:33 PM
doug123 posted...
The old games were 100x worst in terms of having an awful cheesy protagonist that they wanted so badly to be cool.

The beginning of DMC3 is one of the cheesiest things of all time.

Sad thing about this, despite being somewhat true, is that it's better written than anything in DmC is.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#14devak108Posted 2/13/2013 7:48:14 PM
Mixorz posted...
This is the first DmC game I ever played...

Wow, I feel so sorry for you.
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#15doug123Posted 2/13/2013 8:08:51 PM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
doug123 posted...
The old games were 100x worst in terms of having an awful cheesy protagonist that they wanted so badly to be cool.

Sad thing about this, despite being somewhat true, is that it's better written than anything in DmC is.

You play RE6, your opinion is invalid.

The bad one liners in DmC came off as more of an 80s action movie parody to me then an actual attempt to be 'hip.' The characters were actual people with motivations rather than cardboard superheroes, and the story was told in a much more entertaining fashion. I know for most hack and slash fans story is far behind everything else in terms of importance though, but for me I've always liked a story to motivate me through the endless waves of enemies to slaughter.
#16RichterB17Posted 2/13/2013 9:12:12 PM
doug123 posted...
doug123 posted...

The bad one liners in DmC came off as more of an 80s action movie parody to me then an actual attempt to be 'hip.' The characters were actual people with motivations rather than cardboard superheroes, and the story was told in a much more entertaining fashion. I know for most hack and slash fans story is far behind everything else in terms of importance though, but for me I've always liked a story to motivate me through the endless waves of enemies to slaughter.

I feel quite the opposite. I felt the one liners were definitely an actual attempt to be hip "Which one of you fat asses want to be Limbo's Biggest Loser" please tell me where is the 80's in that? All it is dumb ass reference in Biggest Loser because the game tries it's hardest to be relevant and it's not the only reference to reality tv in the game. The characters did not feel like real people to me, they felt like wooden third rate actors that don't have many acting roles for a reason.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#17SamEJIVPosted 2/14/2013 6:19:46 AM
doug123 posted...
doug123 posted...

What's wrong with RE6? I thought the gameplay was brilliantly done.
---
I'm working double shifts AND overtime... I gotta tell you man,, being the best is a FULL time job! PSN:SamEJIV
#18KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 7:11:33 AM
SamEJIV posted...

What's wrong with RE6? I thought the gameplay was brilliantly done.

let's see: STUPID story, yes, I think story IS stupid and out of pace. Whole game has 1 CoD clone, 1 Uncharted clone, 1 RE reference and 1 Splinter Cell wannabee...It's NOT RE game.
Enemies....oh, god...zombies with AK and giant insects are stupid and pointless. it doesn't looks or feels like zombies at all. Luckily they corrected camera and QTE disaster, but as one who played first version, it was a DISASTER. Overall game worth 20 bucks new. As one who bought it for 60 I felt like a complete idiot and decided never, ever, ever buy ANY capcom games new, till they finally pull hands from their asses and start to make NORMAL at least, normal games.
#19NeoTStylePosted 2/14/2013 9:42:10 AM
it'll also be the last "DmC" game you'll ever play.
#20SephirothDZXPosted 2/14/2013 10:05:05 AM
The differences between DMC3 and 4 and DmC was that DMC3/4 were intentionally trying to be stupid and cheesy. Whilst DmC was trying to be a serious story.

DMC was like your TMNT Saturday morning cartoons.

DmC is like a bad 80s movie like Cobra.