Why do Devil May Cry fans (antis) lurk the Devil may Cry board?

#11PostCrisisJ2Posted 2/13/2013 11:35:26 PM
Pretty sure this is a joke topic but I'm going to be serious for a moment.

I have yet to play this game [just been watching cutscenes on youtube], or any of the other DMC games though admittedly I will definitely see if I can find the trilogy or at least DMC4 the next chance I get, which won't be for awhile. The only reason I'm here is because of Tameem and his claim that he could create a story that could rival the best film and literature has to offer.

As I suspected from the start, there was no way he could've lived up to that claim. I won't say the plot is bad on its own and something I could see myself enjoying, but it's really kinda ruined by the fact that it just tries too hard to be edgy. If by chance there is an actual sequel, hopefully Tameem would have learned some lessons and focus more on making a good story instead of trying too hard to be the next video game Schindler's List or something.

Can't really comment on the gameplay since I haven't actually played the game, though the removal of lock on does strike me as odd.

Though really I've been on this board mostly because I'm just trying to get a gauge on how much damage Tameem has done by not keeping his mouth shut. Maybe if he was less of a loudmouth, the "war" wouldn't be as bad as it is now. There's also the issue that I'm pretty much opposed to the type of mindset that this game was created on. I mean, I get the fact that you shouldn't always let the fans dictate everything about a product [because they can be just as wrong as the creators at times] but to go out and say that you don't even care about the fan reactions--just what else was going to happen? That they were going to simply go away?

It would be one thing if this was like, the second game where they decided to make a reboot. But there were like four other games in the series with some sort of established mythos with a fanbase that has been around for nearly a decade. To think that the fans were going to easily accept this laying down was really quite arrogant on Tameem and Capcom's part.

If this was just a spinoff or an experiment and not a reboot, it wouldn't have been as bad. Sure you would have your vocal haters, but that's true of every game that goes off the beaten path [or true of any game for that matter really]. But at the very least the fans wouldn't have feel like that Capcom had abandoned them and they would still have their old Dante to go back to.

From an outsider's point of view, it really feels like this could've been all avoided if Capcom and Tameem [especially the latter] were less arrogant and didn't throw off the old fans by the side like complete trash. And I do really question whether or not this series needed a reboot in the first place. Unlike some others, I'm not really against the idea of making games more accessible to a broader audience, but why not do that with a brand new IP instead? It just seems like a huge mess that could've been easily avoided to me.
---
http://notebookstuck.tumblr.com/
http://i.imgur.com/8hEuE.jpg
#12tehdudPosted 2/13/2013 11:42:46 PM
Shut up, kid.

tc = http://i.imgur.com/wBhCV.gif
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#13YukitoRamboPosted 2/13/2013 11:55:06 PM
For the first time in my life, I tasted the infamous KFC Double Down yesterday.

It was a gluttoniously ****ty meal.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#14Solblade44Posted 2/14/2013 1:25:43 AM
I come and go just to laugh at the stupidity of some people and maybe make a little small talk with some of the regulars.
---
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd272/Solblade44/SSBB/Sol44.jpg
GT: Solblade44
#15ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/14/2013 2:13:31 AM
I'm here just to laugh at the nonsensical pros who think hating the old series is cool while setting DmC to some high intangible, nonflawless bar.

Also to laugh at anything SlaveBlade or Shatterstar post up since those retorts are usually 99 percent full of guaranteed idiocy from their necks of the world.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#16Nick_KazamaPosted 2/14/2013 6:54:56 AM
GoreGross posted...
Do y'all just have nothing better to do than act as if DmC has anything to with DMC? What the hell would give you the impression that these two games resemble each other even slightly?

I mean, this game is completely different in good ways.

Reduced FPS is easier on the eyes, way more relaxing. We play video games for some casual fun, and exploding sonic-fast frame rate is a little too hardcore in all honesty.

No lock-on scratches our occasional, but faint itches for challenge and difficulty. If we want to get annoyed trying to grab a Pathos instead of some other guy, that's how we challenge ourselves.

Color Coded enemies allow me to diversify my combat through the use of limited weaponry.

Finally, I can relate to Dante and Vergil because my big brother and I used to compare sizes in the bathroom as well. His was bigger. I'd wager it still is.

Dude... you... got your ding dong out in front of your brother and vice versa...??

*Runs away in disgust*
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#17DarkJaydragonPosted 2/14/2013 6:56:52 AM
It's mainly because they feel that on this board they have a voice and people who listen to them, it gives them a false feeling of worth, as soon as they go to another board and no one recognises them, they lose that feeling and want to come back here in order for their crying to get attention, it's as simple as that.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#18zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 7:00:45 AM
Nick_Kazama posted...
GoreGross posted...
Do y'all just have nothing better to do than act as if DmC has anything to with DMC? What the hell would give you the impression that these two games resemble each other even slightly?

Reduced FPS is easier on the eyes, way more relaxing. We play video games for some casual fun, and exploding sonic-fast frame rate is a little too hardcore in all honesty.

No lock-on scratches our occasional, but faint itches for challenge and difficulty. If we want to get annoyed trying to grab a Pathos instead of some other guy, that's how we challenge ourselves.

Color Coded enemies allow me to diversify my combat through the use of limited weaponry.

Finally, I can relate to Dante and Vergil because my big brother and I used to compare sizes in the bathroom as well. His was bigger. I'd wager it still is.

Dude... you... got your ding dong out in front of your brother and vice versa...??

*Runs away in disgust*

I think he need to compare his Ding Ding Dong against Gunther's Tralala to see how little of a kid he is.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#19ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/14/2013 7:00:53 AM
GoreGross posted...

Gotta say, this was better than your last attempts. :p