Lilith (Spoilers)

#11AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/14/2013 12:58:55 AM
Last I checked, the "god" she was referring to is Mundus.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#12SilentS89Posted 2/14/2013 1:17:05 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...

Eh, I guess I could buy that explanation.
#13SHMYazooPosted 2/14/2013 2:19:20 AM(edited)
Maybe God doesn't exist in that universe, maybe it's just an expression, the same way atheists still use it in our world, because, like someone said, it's just a phrase.

But of course it's another SIN to the antis. Oh well, nothing new.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#14Pesmerga255Posted 2/14/2013 2:29:17 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...

Well, you don't **** with him.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#15Wolf_Torrent(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:12:25 AM
AlexxShadenk777

Where was that stated? Aside from Mundus's own quote, that is.

Capt_Herlock
It's a phrase.

I get why nothing might happen to a human saying it, but a demon? You're thinking in real-world logic. Give me DmC logic.

SHMYazoo
Maybe God doesn't exist in that universe...

So there's angels, but no God?
#16QCTeamkillPosted 2/14/2013 9:24:05 AM
Wolf_Torrent posted...
AlexxShadenk777

Capt_Herlock
It's a phrase.

I get why nothing might happen to a human saying it, but a demon? You're thinking in real-world logic. Give me DmC logic.

SHMYazoo
Maybe God doesn't exist in that universe...

So there's angels, but no God?

Other DMC games had holy water items and this one doesn't. Also, the demons show up in a church, in limbo, but still.

So yeah I don't think religous artifacts or invoking the name of God does anything worse to demons than the common joe blow, in DmC.
#17PostCrisisJ2Posted 2/14/2013 9:25:00 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
It's a phrase.

On the one hand it is just a common phrase. But on the other, it just seems kinda off the more you think about it.

Kinda like how in the English version of Persona 4 where Rise complains about having to learn English, even though the dub is in English. Though obviously it makes sense since the original was in Japanese, but it adds a bit of amusing (un?)intentional irony.

In this case, it's not really amusing, nor is it really detracting. It's just... kinda there. I mean, it's certainly not as bad as hearing **** YOU three times in a row but... it's just there and adds nothing special except for people like us to take notice and examine it to death for no real reason.
---
http://notebookstuck.tumblr.com/
http://i.imgur.com/8hEuE.jpg
#18shatterstarPosted 2/14/2013 9:49:54 AM
Wolf_Torrent posted...
At one point during the fetus boss battle Lilith says a curious thing.

"For god's sake, hit him back!"

Basically she's telling Munbaby to fight harder. Now the expression "for god's sake" is used to convey frustration, desperation, anger, surprise, all that jazz, and Lilith has good reason to feel this way because by this point in the battle she's losing.

But she's a demon. Why would she be invoking God's name? Can you imagine an angel saying, "For Satan's sake"? It's odd, isn't it?

It's an oversight in the script that's for sure, be it intentional or not, but since it's there let's come up with reasons why she's able to say that and not be struck dead by the Almighty Himself, or at the very least have an angel swoop down and cuff her upside the head.

I'll throw in my .02 and say that God and his angelic army have little to no influence in the human world, and that demonkind is not as allergic to holy names/symbols as they probably should be.

DmC follows the Biblical theme. Meaning that they're all God's creation. But if you let the fight drag a little longer, you'll get more insight into Lilith's and Mundus relationship and her true goal.

Mundus has many whores and you'll discover that the Succubus beneath the Virility factory was one of them. You'll also discover Lilith's true purpose for having Mundus child through the dialogue during that fight.
#19gamer6879403333Posted 2/14/2013 9:58:37 AM
Wolf_Torrent posted...
AlexxShadenk777

Need everything explained out in big words, do you? A story doesn't need to explain everything when they leave enough hints to lead you to the right conclusion anyway.

Bob Barbas is referring to Mundus every time he says his "just doing God's work" line. That proves that demon's do in fact consider Mundus to be God, and that any time they say that word it's Mundus they're referring to. So she was pretty much saying "for your father's sake, hit him back" or "for Mundus' sake, him him back".
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#20devak108Posted 2/14/2013 10:04:05 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
Obviously, she's referring to the Based God.

LOL
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."