Raging fan of DMC3, Didn't like(but not hate) DMC4, How is this?

#21gameruner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:52:05 AM
Wow is it really THAT BAD Screamingmidget?
#22KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 3:54:27 AM
gameruner posted...
Wow is it really THAT BAD Screamingmidget?

no, it's not. It's mediocre game. not THAT BAD. It's just drops into dumpster every combat, plot and artstyle previous DMC had and replaces with own semi good inclusions.
#23hurricane32Posted 2/14/2013 4:16:29 AM
I've been playing Devil May Cry since the first demo for DMC1 on Resident Evil Code Veronica. This has been may favorite franchise for years, so I have some perspective on this game.

The general sentiment of most of the comments are accurate for the most part. The lack of taunt and lock-on is a little annoying, but you get used to it fairly quickly. The combat is fluid. As far as the story, it does tend to take itself a little too seriously, but it was entertaining enough to keep my attention for a couple of playthroughs.

The difficulty and mission ranking are quite disappointing. I was able to SSS rank DMD without much effort at all. Reiterating previous comments, get the demo, it's pretty much indicative of what the overall gameplay is. I'd give 6.5 - 7 out of 10.
---
I fear.....NOTHING!!!
#24zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 5:21:11 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
All I will say is that it's better than DMC4 in every technical level and story is considerably much less stupid.

*Throw up in the toilet* *DOUBLE FACEPALM*. The word "Technical" NEVER MIXED WITH THIS KIND OF GAME.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#25zhaoyun99Posted 2/14/2013 5:26:14 AM
DuckKiller84 posted...
this Dante has 70% of the Style abilities in the past games in his default form

More like 60%

I'd advise you to skip it; it's no DMC (1,3, or 4). Play the demo, then rent it if you want. It's not worth $60.

Let's not forget, Donte's other 40% came from NERO. The slowass downgrade launcher, the rip-off Devil Bringer, the air combo that was EXACTLY LIKE RED QUEEN AIR COMBO.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#26Nick_KazamaPosted 2/14/2013 6:50:45 AM
I loved DMC2. It's much better than this game.

Just like How DMC1, 3 and 4 are much better than this game.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#27JoninkinmaPosted 2/14/2013 7:34:03 AM
This game is worth every penny of the $20 I'm gonna spend on it a year from now.

and considering Canada is no longer making pennies...
---
Doesn't matter what I do. I can Run, Jump or Roll... The Grenade just grows legs and chases me down! ~Jengymae
#28Virtue777Posted 2/15/2013 12:57:58 PM
DmC is different, but MUCH better than DMC4. DMC4 is a stain on the series, just as bad as DMC2 but not hated nearly as much because at DMC4's release, there really wasn't any competition.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#29KyryloPosted 2/15/2013 1:03:02 PM
Virtue777 posted...
DmC is different, but MUCH better than DMC4. DMC4 is a stain on the series, just as bad as DMC2 but not hated nearly as much because at DMC4's release, there really wasn't any competition.

hahaha. Nice argument....because being sole AAA game in January DmC had TONS of competition.
#30Virtue777Posted 2/15/2013 1:09:12 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Virtue777 posted...

hahaha. Nice argument....because being sole AAA game in January DmC had TONS of competition.

Did I bring up DmC's competition? No. I compared DMC4 and DMC2. Learn to read before you continue to make a fool of yourself, troll.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382