Don't the bad guys win?!

#1sjwho2Posted 2/14/2013 2:05:09 AM
*Spoilers* of course.

So lets take the world at a glance in the start of the game. It is fine. Dante's partying and living in a trailer. Good stuff. Demons don't really do anything harmful, mundus is controlling the world through debt(somehow that makes sense.......right?) and the only ones who seem to have a problem with this are Vergil and the order.

So by defeating mundus they merge limbo with the human world. Essentially having the demons who sat around doing nothing all day free to kill and slaughter all of mankind.
------------------------------

It doesn't make any sense to me, didn't Mundus save humanity from certain doom? I mean he was the sole thing holding back every demon from killing everyone.

Now you can argue that Mundus is a bad guy, that he killed Dante's mother, but.......isn't that natural? Angel's and Demons are mortal enemies after all. He even spared Dante and Vergil and even Sparda!

And wouldn't all the demons want to just destroy mankind anyways? Did mundus not save us from that? Sparda certainly did not, as he went off with his wife into hiding!
#2KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 2:07:08 AM
sjwho2 posted...
*Spoilers* of course.

So lets take the world at a glance in the start of the game. It is fine. Dante's partying and living in a trailer. Good stuff. Demons don't really do anything harmful, mundus is controlling the world through debt(somehow that makes sense.......right?) and the only ones who seem to have a problem with this are Vergil and the order.

So by defeating mundus they merge limbo with the human world. Essentially having the demons who sat around doing nothing all day free to kill and slaughter all of mankind.
------------------------------

It doesn't make any sense to me, didn't Mundus save humanity from certain doom? I mean he was the sole thing holding back every demon from killing everyone.

Now you can argue that Mundus is a bad guy, that he killed Dante's mother, but.......isn't that natural? Angel's and Demons are mortal enemies after all. He even spared Dante and Vergil and even Sparda!

And wouldn't all the demons want to just destroy mankind anyways? Did mundus not save us from that? Sparda certainly did not, as he went off with his wife into hiding!

Dante don't give a *** about it. He has Kat... she can be useful..
#3sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:08:09 AM
Kat isn't useful. Anything she does dante can do on his own.

Example car-chase scene. Done.
#4KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 2:12:43 AM
sjwho2 posted...
Kat isn't useful. Anything she does dante can do on his own.

Example car-chase scene. Done.

she can be useful instead of those strippers at the beginning...
#5StepswordsmanPosted 2/14/2013 2:17:16 AM
Rich influential people are inherently evil, so you must be proud that you've defeated Mundus and saved the world from his tyranny.

Though, to be fair, it seemed like Vorgel had a plan. If Mary-Sue didn't screw that one up, too, the DmC world might have been slightly better off that it is now.

But if Tameem didn't have a hard-on for anarchy, we wouldn't be discussing this at all.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#6sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:26:30 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
Rich influential people are inherently evil, so you must be proud that you've defeated Mundus and saved the world from his tyranny.

Though, to be fair, it seemed like Vorgel had a plan. If Mary-Sue didn't screw that one up, too, the DmC world might have been slightly better off that it is now.

But if Tameem didn't have a hard-on for anarchy, we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

But aren't Dante/Vorgil rich anyway?

They don't have jobs obviously, and they lived in a gigantic mansion as kids. Logical conclusion......
#7Liquid_AcidPosted 2/14/2013 3:02:21 AM
Oh yeah? Limbo merging with the human world and demons slaughtering all mankind? But can they withstand Uroboros and complete global saturation!?
---
Sony should make a Blu-Ray less PS3. (4 min later) PS3 games are on Blu Ray disks? Wow, this explains everything. - videogamer1030
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 2/14/2013 3:34:50 AM
Why do poor people call rich people evil for having more money?

Anyway, yes, it seems Vergil and The Demon Killer did make things worse.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#9StepswordsmanPosted 2/14/2013 3:43:51 AM
Copy X weighs in on the matter:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8820/extremedmc.jpg
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#10FulvipPosted 2/14/2013 4:16:54 AM
You people and your extremist stuff. Don't you see? Sure, the world will become a post-apocaliptic wasteland, millions and millions of people will die and we'll be forced to fight to the death for clean water and a can of sardines while trying to fend off demons and abominations, but we have FREEDOM! and sludge free sodas!
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore