Don't the bad guys win?!

#11KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 3:19:35 AM
Fulvip posted...
You people and your extremist stuff. Don't you see? Sure, the world will become a post-apocaliptic wasteland, millions and millions of people will die and we'll be forced to fight to the death for clean water and a can of sardines while trying to fend off demons and abominations, but we have FREEDOM! and sludge free sodas!

yay...now we can all die....and dante gonna keep this world safe.....
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/150/505/f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif
#12Dark MousyPosted 2/14/2013 4:35:20 AM
ITT: People who didn't understand why "the matrix" was bad for humanity.
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#13SilentS89Posted 2/14/2013 4:39:03 AM
Dark Mousy posted...

How about you explain it to us instead of giving a snappy one liner.

I would choose the red pill. "The real world" is a post apocalyptic hellhole with no hope. Perception is reality and the matrix is a much better perception.
#14KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 4:44:37 AM
Dark Mousy posted...

it's kinda different. One thing to know the truth, other to unleash armies and armies of demons on helpless humans. It's the same as if Neo unleashed pissed of main mind of machines and made him send his hordes to finally exterminate humans and than stroke a pose and said: I gonna save them!
#15SilentS89Posted 2/14/2013 5:21:28 AM
DmC's ending is so stupid.

Humanity is "Free".

Free to suffer the horrors of hell.

It takes the "Liberty vs Security" discussion to a completely absurd place.
#16KyryloPosted 2/14/2013 6:16:54 AM
SilentS89 posted...
DmC's ending is so stupid.

Humanity is "Free".

Free to suffer the horrors of hell.

It takes the "Liberty vs Security" discussion to a completely absurd place.

Let's slaughter humanity for freedom, yes....this is a new dubstep song I wrote as hymn to a new ERA:
wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub, wub...
#17SephirothDZXPosted 2/14/2013 6:43:54 AM
Dark Mousy posted...

Except even the heroes in The Matrix understand that just shutting off The Matrix and freeing everyone would be an extremely bad thing.
#18sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:36:21 PM
Fulvip posted...
You people and your extremist stuff. Don't you see? Sure, the world will become a post-apocaliptic wasteland, millions and millions of people will die and we'll be forced to fight to the death for clean water and a can of sardines while trying to fend off demons and abominations, but we have FREEDOM! and sludge free sodas!

But do you really gain freedom? I mean didn't they have it anyways?! Dante was going to strip clubs and the like, how unfree could it have been?

Secondly, the matrix is a completely different scenario. The matrix was used to control people's minds and use humans as an energy source. They also breed humans. Living in a false dream-like state is completely different from living in the real world and having another reality be there. I mean they might as well have unleashed hell on earth.
#19Psychochild27Posted 2/14/2013 1:44:52 PM(edited)
Thankfully with how long demons will telegraph their attacks and how non-aggressive they are across the board, mankind will be able to briskly walk to safety.
#20sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:45:35 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
Thankfully with how long demons will telegraph their attacks and how non-aggressive they are across the board, mankind will be able to briskly walk to safety.

But...but.........color coded enemies!