We finally have an estimate of the US sales,

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. We finally have an estimate of the US sales,

User Info: Aiddon

Aiddon
4 years ago#21
and there goes any chance for this making a lasting impression. They're gonna have to pull a Prince of Persia and just go back to Dante and Nero's adventures.

User Info: SiLVeR_420

SiLVeR_420
4 years ago#22
Aiddon posted...
and there goes any chance for this making a lasting impression. They're gonna have to pull a Prince of Persia and just go back to Dante and Nero's adventures.

A lot of people actually do want a sequel to PoP 08. That game was very well liked.
It was the newer one that no one liked.
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.

User Info: Kung_Fu_Fighter

Kung_Fu_Fighter
4 years ago#23
360pages posted...
I wish they gave exact numbers.

It debuted at number six.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/january-npd-black-ops-2-in-the-high-chair-dmc-devil-may-cry-d/

Still no numbers?
That list is also for 5 weeks. DmC was on sale for 2 of those weeks.

VGChartz is more accurate at this point...
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
4 years ago#24
It's almost like they're afraid to show numbers. The fact that it dropped like a brick from the Steam sales says a lot. 47 right now, just about Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, and that game was released earlier on a different platform and is a re-release of a very old game still available on gog.com. (I love BG by the way)
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg

User Info: Booflax

Booflax
4 years ago#25
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
360pages posted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/january-npd-black-ops-2-in-the-high-chair-dmc-devil-may-cry-d/

Still no numbers?

Yeah, I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

At least I hope not, in my eyes DMC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

And I much prefer western camp comedy like the new Dante over the Japanese camp Dante in DMC4. Remember when he made those terrible sex puns and bit on a rose in DMC4? Blech.
What is this, ice?

User Info: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA

KA_ME_HA_ME_HA
4 years ago#26
Booflax posted...
360pages posted...

Still no numbers?

At least I hope not, in my eyes DmC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

And I much prefer western camp comedy like the new Dante over the Japanese camp Dante in DMC4. Remember when he made those terrible sex puns and bit on a rose in DMC4? Blech.

Please be trolling, please be trolling, please be trolling....

Hello?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

User Info: Stepswordsman

Stepswordsman
4 years ago#27
Booflax posted...
360pages posted...

Still no numbers?

At least I hope not, in my eyes DMC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

As a much better-written western Dante would say, "F*** you!".
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
(message deleted)

User Info: Stepswordsman

Stepswordsman
4 years ago#29
Muscle Buster posted...

More of that subtle racism regarding 'da West doing Japanese characters right, unlike dose icky JAPS who can't write nuttin' good'. Bonus points if I ever discover Booflax actually used to love the original DMCs.

Anyhoo, these low sales are the best thing I've heard in a while. Think of them as the cure to the plague that was Ninja Theory and Tameem in general and overwhelmingly-positive reviews and 'gaming journalists' that ripped into critics.

I'm with JanneDaArc135 - time to dance in victory :D ! -gits down-

Haven't Tameem's games always been hailed as 2deep4u masterpieces in the press, with terrible sales numbers as the proof of that?
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.

User Info: Madigari

Madigari
4 years ago#30
Muscle Buster posted...
Think of them as the cure to the plague that was Ninja Theory and Tameem in general and overwhelmingly-positive reviews and 'gaming journalists' that ripped into critics.

Tameem got paid, regardless. Capcom's the one who's going to be taking the financial hit.
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. We finally have an estimate of the US sales,

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived