We finally have an estimate of the US sales,

#21AiddonPosted 2/14/2013 11:13:37 PM
and there goes any chance for this making a lasting impression. They're gonna have to pull a Prince of Persia and just go back to Dante and Nero's adventures.
#22SiLVeR_420Posted 2/14/2013 11:23:09 PM
Aiddon posted...
and there goes any chance for this making a lasting impression. They're gonna have to pull a Prince of Persia and just go back to Dante and Nero's adventures.

A lot of people actually do want a sequel to PoP 08. That game was very well liked.
It was the newer one that no one liked.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#23Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 2/14/2013 11:29:40 PM
360pages posted...
I wish they gave exact numbers.

It debuted at number six.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/january-npd-black-ops-2-in-the-high-chair-dmc-devil-may-cry-d/

Still no numbers?
That list is also for 5 weeks. DmC was on sale for 2 of those weeks.

VGChartz is more accurate at this point...
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#24StrelokPosted 2/14/2013 11:38:01 PM
It's almost like they're afraid to show numbers. The fact that it dropped like a brick from the Steam sales says a lot. 47 right now, just about Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, and that game was released earlier on a different platform and is a re-release of a very old game still available on gog.com. (I love BG by the way)
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#25BooflaxPosted 2/15/2013 12:01:40 AM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
360pages posted...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/14/january-npd-black-ops-2-in-the-high-chair-dmc-devil-may-cry-d/

Still no numbers?

Yeah, I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

At least I hope not, in my eyes DMC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

And I much prefer western camp comedy like the new Dante over the Japanese camp Dante in DMC4. Remember when he made those terrible sex puns and bit on a rose in DMC4? Blech.
---
What is this, ice?
#26KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/15/2013 12:06:31 AM
Booflax posted...
360pages posted...

Still no numbers?

At least I hope not, in my eyes DmC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

And I much prefer western camp comedy like the new Dante over the Japanese camp Dante in DMC4. Remember when he made those terrible sex puns and bit on a rose in DMC4? Blech.

Please be trolling, please be trolling, please be trolling....

Hello?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#27StepswordsmanPosted 2/15/2013 12:06:57 AM
Booflax posted...
360pages posted...

Still no numbers?

At least I hope not, in my eyes DMC saved the series after DMC4. It had much better presentation, gameplay, graphics, story, controls, art direction, level design, I could go on forever.

As a much better-written western Dante would say, "F*** you!".
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#28Muscle BusterPosted 2/15/2013 12:16:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29StepswordsmanPosted 2/15/2013 12:20:14 AM
Muscle Buster posted...

More of that subtle racism regarding 'da West doing Japanese characters right, unlike dose icky JAPS who can't write nuttin' good'. Bonus points if I ever discover Booflax actually used to love the original DMCs.

Anyhoo, these low sales are the best thing I've heard in a while. Think of them as the cure to the plague that was Ninja Theory and Tameem in general and overwhelmingly-positive reviews and 'gaming journalists' that ripped into critics.

I'm with JanneDaArc135 - time to dance in victory :D ! -gits down-

Haven't Tameem's games always been hailed as 2deep4u masterpieces in the press, with terrible sales numbers as the proof of that?
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#30MadigariPosted 2/15/2013 12:21:50 AM
Muscle Buster posted...
Think of them as the cure to the plague that was Ninja Theory and Tameem in general and overwhelmingly-positive reviews and 'gaming journalists' that ripped into critics.

Tameem got paid, regardless. Capcom's the one who's going to be taking the financial hit.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.