We finally have an estimate of the US sales,

#41SSJ_JinPosted 2/15/2013 7:40:06 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
One thing people forget: Just Dance is extremely popular.

Yeah, but this is GameFAQs. Most people on here don't go out so they wouldn't know.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#42DarkJaydragonPosted 2/15/2013 7:42:39 AM
Farcry 3 should have been number 1.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#43SephirothDZXPosted 2/15/2013 7:48:22 AM
abnergoinbig posted...
Can't wait to see the up roar on these boards when a DmC 2 is announced.

It'll be summed up like this:

HOW TO CAPCOM

DMC4 = Best selling game in series. Doesn't get a sequel.

DmC = Worst selling game in series. Gets a sequel.

Muscle Buster posted...
Stepswordsman posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
The studio itself has potential, but Tameem is holding them back. They need someone new in there quick.

While I wouldn't put it past our hero, I still doubt that he's the only one responsible for every bad thing about every game that his studio has made. Maybe getting rid of Tameem would help, I don't know, but it's also possible that Ninja Theory is just a terrible developer that needs to go already.

'Possible'? No need to be diplomatic, dude.

Seriously, while Tameem is the biggest problem NT have (well, that and them just being mediocre), SURELY other members of the team would occasionally step up and call him out on his BS SOMETIME. I hardly think Tameem has such an iron grip on NT's collective 'nads that they're all just nice guys who are helpless to his ego.
Therefore, they're either (a) totally gutless or (b) just as bad or only slightly better, just less vocal about it, which I think is the case. Either way, NT is the problem.

With DmC specifically, Tameem is a huge part of the reason the game isn't selling well. Simply put, he bit the hand that feeds him.

While Ninja Theory got paid for DmC already and the bombing sales wont immediately affect them, the lasting image of DmC bombing is going to follow them in the future. With Heavenly Sword & Enslaved they had built in excuses for why the games didnt sell well, now they've fumbled with an established franchise. Other publishers will remember that.
#44dom316Posted 2/15/2013 8:43:19 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Aiddon posted...
and there goes any chance for this making a lasting impression. They're gonna have to pull a Prince of Persia and just go back to Dante and Nero's adventures.

A lot of people actually do want a sequel to PoP 08. That game was very well liked.
It was the newer one that no one liked.

WHAT?? People actually liked PoP 08? That game was worse than DmC to me. You literally couldn't die and the combat was reduced to fighting one person every so often. And if what I heard about the DLC is true, then it actually made the ending worse. At least The Forgotten Sands was interesting enough to get me to finish.
---
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan
#45pyro_buntaPosted 2/15/2013 8:44:23 AM
"b-b-b-but muh economy!"
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#46SilentS89Posted 2/15/2013 12:47:36 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
HOW TO CAPCOM

Success must be punished, failure must be rewarded!

Brand loyalty must be beaten out of customers!

Games must be outsourced to lousy devs!
#47HellsControllerPosted 2/15/2013 1:04:47 PM
SilentS89 posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
HOW TO CAPCOM

Success must be punished, failure must be rewarded!

Brand loyalty must be beaten out of customers!

Games must be outsourced to lousy devs!

For reasons unknown, I read this in Bane's voice from TDKR
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.