How well do you think DMC 5 do if they decided to make it?

#1Capt_HerlockPosted 2/15/2013 1:58:16 AM(edited)
*would do.Sorry, I have a bit of a headache
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#2KyryloPosted 2/15/2013 1:58:11 AM
it depends. If they REALLY gonna try and confirm that DmC2 gonna see day of light, I think it will sell about 2,6 mil, at least.
#3Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:59:11 AM
Kyrylo posted...
it depends. If they REALLY gonna try and confirm that DmC2 gonna see day of light, I think it will sell about 2,6 mil, at least.

Is that over all or in release month?
---
#4KyryloPosted 2/15/2013 2:00:46 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
Kyrylo posted...

Is that over all or in release month?

I think it's in quarter estimate. Every Expectation for sales are made for a quarter not for life spawn.
#5wolf riderPosted 2/15/2013 2:04:42 AM
If I were Capcom, I would try to appeal to the FGC and Dark Souls crowd in my marketing as well as old DMC fans.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#6Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:08:54 AM
wolf rider posted...
If I were Capcom, I would try to appeal to the FGC and Dark Souls crowd in my marketing as well as old DMC fans.

I understand Dark Souls and old dmc fans but why the FGC? competitive DMC?
---
#7StepswordsmanPosted 2/15/2013 2:23:20 AM
Heh, competitive DMC.

But then again, that idea is not too far-fetched - hardcore fans of DMC3 used to hold the True Style Tournament before, where they would show off their skills at DMC3. Being entirely fan-driven, it obviously wasn't very grand, but hey, it existed. And TST4 featured all DMC games, even the dreaded DMC2 (almost everybody used Infinite DT in their DMC2 entries because it was too boring otherwise, btw). Now I have no clue if it's possible to be competitive at being stylish, but DMC series is known for being very technical as well as flashy and cuhrayzee, so maybe capitalising on those strong points is a good idea, now that it's clear that throwing them all away and instead appealing to entirely different audience doesn't exactly work.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#8Capt_Herlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:41:03 AM
I honestly don't believe DMC 5 would thrive in the market as it is today. Mostly because Japan doesn't have the hold on gaming like it did back in the days of PS2. After, looking at the sales for January, I was pretty shocked to even see DmC on there. In today's market most Japanese games see little success in America (there are a few exceptions) but that's just me. What about you guys?
---
#9KyryloPosted 2/15/2013 2:56:13 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
I honestly don't believe DMC 5 would thrive in the market as it is today. Mostly because Japan doesn't have the hold on gaming like it did back in the days of PS2. After, looking at the sales for January, I was pretty shocked to even see DmC on there. In today's market most Japanese games see little success in America (there are a few exceptions) but that's just me. What about you guys?

and DmC is europe game....ironic isn't it?
#10PunkMcThrustPosted 2/15/2013 3:07:39 AM
The problem isn't how much the game would sell, as every DMC game has sold over 1million, hell the last one sold the most out of all the games.

The problem with video games these days is developers/publishers having absolutely no idea how to keep a budget for their games. Your game should NOT have to sell over 2million copies to make money. That is absolutely ridiculous. The last I heard of Catherine it did about 700k and was considered a huge success

At any rate I hope they never make DMC5 or DmC2. They'll just ruin it in an attempt to grab the casual audience.