Is Ninja Theory the worst developer?

#171BillysanPosted 2/15/2013 11:45:30 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
this gen, capcom have been the biggest a** *****. ninja theory does suck ass, but they only made a few games. capcom f***ed up more, which is weird cause on ps2 they had some of the best games.

I know. Who the hell is the head of that company? I guess they brought back Street Fighter and Marvel but the rest was damn controversial stuff. Damn....

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was still handled poorly though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#172rice_noodlesPosted 2/15/2013 11:48:25 PM
rockman11_z posted...
<Who the hell is the head of that company?

Tsujimoto Kenzo (founder) - Chairman & CEO. This dude is having fun with his fancy winery, so then there is this other dude...

Tsujimoto Haruhiro (oldest son) - COO, whose rise to power coincide with Inafune's departure. But it's okay, they got talented people, like...

Tsujimoto Ryozo (third son) - Game Creator. Gee, that family name look familiar. Where have I seen that before?
#173rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:49:04 PM
Billysan posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
this gen, capcom have been the biggest a** *****. ninja theory does suck ass, but they only made a few games. capcom f***ed up more, which is weird cause on ps2 they had some of the best games.

I know. Who the hell is the head of that company? I guess they brought back Street Fighter and Marvel but the rest was damn controversial stuff. Damn....

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was still handled poorly though.

Agree... They make this game then another version comes out after 9 months? Plus no Megaman. Is it really hard to add that character?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#174rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:50:26 PM
rice_noodles posted...
rockman11_z posted...
<Who the hell is the head of that company?

Tsujimoto Kenzo (founder) - Chairman & CEO. This dude is having fun with his fancy winery, so then there is this other dude...

Tsujimoto Haruhiro (oldest son) - COO, whose rise to power coincide with Inafune's departure. But it's okay, they got talented people, like...

Tsujimoto Ryozo (third son) - Game Creator. Gee, that family name look familiar. Where have I seen that before?

Hmmm.... Intriguing.....
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#175singhellotakuPosted 2/16/2013 12:12:14 AM
Thats a bit harsh, Enslaved was one of the better games of this generation, and DMC is a lot of fun, they just failed on the character/plot front
#176rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:16:48 AM
singhellotaku posted...
Thats a bit harsh, Enslaved was one of the better games of this generation, and DMC is a lot of fun, they just failed on the character/plot front

They also failed a lot of the fans' expectations too.
---
#177rice_noodlesPosted 2/16/2013 12:25:29 AM
"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a c***."

http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two
#178rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:06:54 AM
rice_noodles posted...
"I guess if I were to make a criticism it would relate to character and consistency. Making sure characters are true to themselves, and true to some kind of larger truth, which relates to the recipients of the narrative. That is to say, the player. Us. For example, I think the first serious discussion we had about the narrative was on the very first day that I, Tameem and the level designers all sat down together. We got to a section where Monkey was walking down a walkway, and he sees an escaping slave trying to pull himself up to the walkway. And instead of helping the guy up, Monkey kicked him in the face and sent him to his death. They thought that projected the idea that Monkey was a badass. Whereas, to me, it projected the idea that Monkey was a bit of a c***."

http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two

That's Tam's idea of badass???
---
#179NeoTStylePosted 2/16/2013 2:25:00 PM
Square Enix is the worst developer. Square was great. Enix was great. Eidos is still great. What the hell is wrong with Square Enix?

EDIT: Actually I take that back, Square Enix is second worst. The worst is Gust. They never once made a good game.

Gust? They make/publish Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptunia. Pretty decent games especially if you like RPGs. (and I mean real RPGs, not Bioware/Bethesda casual wannabe-RPG garbage games)

Square Enix sucks but they still publish some all right games here and there like Nier or Dragon Quest. Completely ruined Final Fantasy though.
#180Windmaster715Posted 2/16/2013 2:25:49 PM
how i this topic still going?
---
Ignore my typos