Is Ninja Theory the worst developer?

#201rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:37:53 PM
Muscle Buster posted...
Ninja Theory probably tie with a lot of other developers for the worst. They're DEFINITELY the most needlessly-overrated.

Seriously, I still cannot why people hype them up as one of the most awesome developers EVUH who are the architects of underrated masterpieces etc. etc. blah blih bluh. None of their games stand out from the pack in any meaningful way at all. Sadly, for me at least, this overhyping of their fairly basic abilities is one of the reasons why I'd label them the worst - their average to mediocre output does not justify it, yet somehow they've been able to work people into a tizzy over their supposed excellence. Blame 'gaming journalists' and 'professional reviewers', blame blind pros - I blame Ninja Theory, because if they didn't exist this overhyping etc. of them wouldn't, either.

That, and their increasingly piss-poor PR methods.

I seriously do not know why of all the western devs, they chose Ninja Theory. There are other better western devs, right?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#202produnerPosted 2/16/2013 10:47:23 PM
NeoTStyle posted...
NeoTStyle posted...
lol gameFAQs.

LOL people that act like they know what they're talking about

Exactly.

LOL I know what you're getting at with causalized mainstream action RPGs, they do have the things that you've mentioned but they are a wasted potential with their quality but focus on action. Most of the mainstream games are hated but facts to be stated, they are good games but tailored for casual players. Btw screw the linear dialogue options of ME, that's half asses role play; I miss having options from many talking outcomes or simply smack the npc , fight to death and make your story and character.
#203rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:08:49 AM
produner posted...
NeoTStyle posted...
NeoTStyle posted...
lol gameFAQs.

LOL people that act like they know what they're talking about

Exactly.

LOL I know what you're getting at with causalized mainstream action RPGs, they do have the things that you've mentioned but they are a wasted potential with their quality but focus on action. Most of the mainstream games are hated but facts to be stated, they are good games but tailored for casual players. Btw screw the linear dialogue options of ME, that's half asses role play; I miss having options from many talking outcomes or simply smack the npc , fight to death and make your story and character.

Mass Effect is a good game and I don't believe Bioware is a bad developer. They made good RPGs like Jade Empire and KOTOR.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#204rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:34:05 PM
Who is the developer that made the Risen series? Should they be candidate as worst developer as well?
---
#205darkdragon_9600Posted 2/17/2013 12:47:26 PM
There's worse developers out there. Like Stellar Stone. And Treyarch.

But NT isn't much above them.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#206Pesmerga255Posted 2/17/2013 12:52:18 PM
Stellar Stone shouldn't even be considered a developer. They're more of an under-developer than anything.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#207rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:22:16 PM
Forgive my damn ignorance but what games did Stellar Stone develop?
---
#208Pesmerga255Posted 2/17/2013 1:25:23 PM
Big Rigs
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#209rockman11_z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:26:06 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Big Rigs

Thanks for the info.
---
#210DrLight66Posted 2/17/2013 2:41:38 PM
Dunno if we're talking about current companies but LJN is the absolute worse ever.