if dante (original) has 8 style & 8 weapon (devil arms & guns)

#1tehheadPosted 2/15/2013 12:37:10 PM
how do you make them all work in 1 time?
describe it by option & button press

R1 : lock on
R2 : devil arms swap
L1 : devil trigger
L2 : gun swap
X : jump
O : style actions
/\ : melee attack
[] : gun attack
select : taunt
start : option
^ : style 1
< : style 2
> : style 3
down : style 4
^ twice : style 5
< twice : style 6
> twice : style 7
down twice : style 8

equip option
-you can re-map style button the way you want, anytime in pause menu, OR, you can just left them empty, all of them (no style)

-you can put 2 style in 2 button (2 swordmaster in 2 directional button)

-there is a style called "extra" which lets you bring another pairs of guns & devil arms extra change your swapping option, simply press O while using extra to swap between weapon swapping sets & re swap weapon sets

-each extra is different,
example :
your main weapon is nevan & lucifer
if extra in style 1 has rebellion & agni & rudra, use extra in style 1 to swap the set above
extra in style 2 can has cerberus & beowulf, use extra in style 2
#2FireMage7777Posted 2/15/2013 12:42:07 PM
WTF is this?
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#3YumeOMiruPosted 2/15/2013 12:46:37 PM
This is NT trying to score some free labor of you guys, the "fans". People let´s all go and play a game instead of doing this guy´s homework.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#4tehhead(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:55:37 PM
I see, too much thing in 1 time is not good
My topic intent are to ask how would you guys map control & feature of DMC5
I guess DMC4 met that balance & you guys has no problem swapping between 3 weapon & 3 guns
Considering there is something to replace dark slayer style
#5wolf riderPosted 2/15/2013 5:59:35 PM
It's something I've been pondering as well. How do you make Dante's controls accessible and intuitive without sacrificing the depth and features of DMC3/4's combat?

I imagine controller limitations are a big factor devs have to consider.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#6leet_x1337Posted 2/15/2013 6:05:04 PM
tehhead posted...
I guess DMC4 met that balance & you guys has no problem swapping between 3 weapon & 3 guns

You only really need four styles: Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger and Royal Guard. Anything else is mostly situational - Quicksilver, Doppelganger and Dark Slayer aren't used anywhere near as often as the others.
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#7wolf riderPosted 2/15/2013 6:10:55 PM
And realistically, if DMC5 did happen, you'll probably only get 4 or 5 Devil Arms, maybe even less since with quick style switching you don't need weapons that are 3/4 the same as Rebellion. Have fewer weapons with more unique movesets.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#8tehhead(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:15:06 PM
leet_x1337 posted...
tehhead posted...

You only really need four styles: Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger and Royal Guard. Anything else is mostly situational - Quicksilver, Doppelganger and Dark Slayer aren't used anywhere near as often as the others.

By story, dante doesn't has dark slayer anymore
Why not making a customizeable style, any new something so the 5th slot is doing something

And since DmC introduce directional button weapon swap, why not use it again, but instead it change the swapping set