Is Hardcore play over?

#1hoagie727Posted 2/15/2013 3:21:00 PM
Attention: possible MGR spoliers below

This game got a lot of grief for not being hardcore friendly and most people were okay because MGR was coming out and would save the day.

Well I have been paying attention to the topics about livestreams for MGR on the board and it seems as though Platinum has gone slightly casual as well.

It appears many special items you unlock that give you a crazy advantage in the game do not affect your rank when used.

It also appears that even on the hardest setting stealing cores gives you full health and slo mo meter.

Disapointing.

This is Platinum we are talking about. Is hardcore dead?
#2KyryloPosted 2/15/2013 3:22:33 PM
probably, yes, than.
#3SilentS89Posted 2/15/2013 3:24:35 PM
Hope still lives, Ninja Gaiden. Hayashi admits NG3 was a mistake and Razor's Edge has been an improvement.

I maintain hope that the hardcore will live on in Ninja Gaiden.
#4ZeroGearMPosted 2/15/2013 3:26:49 PM
Bayonetta 2 wont dissapoint.
#5FireMage7777Posted 2/15/2013 3:36:11 PM
ZeroGearM posted...

WiiU
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#6Pesmerga255Posted 2/15/2013 3:37:17 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

WiiU

Dat tablet controller.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#7FireMage7777Posted 2/15/2013 3:38:19 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
ZeroGearM posted...

WiiU

Dat tablet controller.

Dat current gen "next gen" console
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#8darkdragon_9600Posted 2/15/2013 3:38:25 PM
Attention: possible MGR spoliers below

This game got a lot of grief for not being hardcore friendly and most people were okay because MGR was coming out and would save the day.

Well I have been paying attention to the topics about livestreams for MGR on the board and it seems as though Platinum has gone slightly casual as well.

It appears many special items you unlock that give you a crazy advantage in the game do not affect your rank when used.

It also appears that even on the hardest setting stealing cores gives you full health and slo mo meter.

Disapointing.

This is Platinum we are talking about. Is hardcore dead?

The items are optional, and patches do exist. But yeah, disappointing.

On higher difficulties you take a **** ton of damage and your Blade Mode drains away quickly, though.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#9Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 2/15/2013 3:40:23 PM
That's been apparent for a while.

Even Non Stop Infinity Climax in Bayonetta wasn't much more difficult than DmC DMD mode. By the time you unlock those modes, you have all the skills and weapons to destroy everything. Bayonetta rocket launcher heel spam = DmC Trinity Smash spam. You can get through most of the game with those moves alone.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#10produnerPosted 2/15/2013 3:40:58 PM
I've seen +9 restarts at revengeance difficulty using wigs and sam's blade. Hard and very hard are challenging and as i stated countless times on MGR's board, enemies hit hard and stun, so screwing up a parry or bad spacing can get you screwed up or 1 shotted.