Is Hardcore play over?

#11hoagie727(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:42:02 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Attention: possible MGR spoliers below

This game got a lot of grief for not being hardcore friendly and most people were okay because MGR was coming out and would save the day.

Well I have been paying attention to the topics about livestreams for MGR on the board and it seems as though Platinum has gone slightly casual as well.

It appears many special items you unlock that give you a crazy advantage in the game do not affect your rank when used.

It also appears that even on the hardest setting stealing cores gives you full health and slo mo meter.

Disapointing.

This is Platinum we are talking about. Is hardcore dead?

The items are optional, and patches do exist. But yeah, disappointing.

On higher difficulties you take a **** ton of damage and your Blade Mode drains away quickly, though.

I understand items are optional but high ranks mean nothing if people can use god mode to obtain them.

I understand a lot of leaderboards are useless anyway but at least people have to hack or something to do it. The devs don't invite it.

Let's hope they patch it.

I don't know if anyone on the MGR board knows yet but maybe there is more hope if harder settings require a smaller window to parry.
#12darkdragon_9600Posted 2/15/2013 3:43:46 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...

This game got a lot of grief for not being hardcore friendly and most people were okay because MGR was coming out and would save the day.

Well I have been paying attention to the topics about livestreams for MGR on the board and it seems as though Platinum has gone slightly casual as well.

It appears many special items you unlock that give you a crazy advantage in the game do not affect your rank when used.

It also appears that even on the hardest setting stealing cores gives you full health and slo mo meter.

Disapointing.

The items are optional, and patches do exist. But yeah, disappointing.

On higher difficulties you take a **** ton of damage and your Blade Mode drains away quickly, though.

I understand items are optional but high ranks mean nothing if people can use god mode to obtain them.

I understand a lot of leaderboards are useless anyway but at least people have to hack or something to do it. The devs don't invite it.

Let's hope they patch it.

I don't know if anyone on the MGR board knows yet but maybe there is more hope if harder settings require a smaller window to parry.

Yeah, after I got the hang of parries it became easy. Right now I'm concerned about a PC version. Just built mine, now I need moar gaems
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#13Hades192Posted 2/15/2013 3:46:33 PM
hoagie727 posted...

Disapointing.

To hell with Leaderboards; and lack of penalties, and low total play time.

Of course hogie, mass marketing is what everyone wants and although it seems MGR may have been toned down, it s still lot more faithful to it's original source than DmC. Also note, no Tameem running his suck! The higher difficulties from some things I've read suggested higher difficulties prove to be MORE difficult, which I can't say for DmC.

I'm sure most hear dont regard obtaining top Leaderboard status over the ability to have good amount of fun with the games design/combat.

Same thing with DmC although I'm more on the positive spectrum dealing with this game but you can be completely right but we need to play the game first.

#14Hades192Posted 2/15/2013 3:47:34 PM
Posted wrong, sorry.
#15ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/15/2013 3:51:47 PM
Well, it IS kinda understandable that they went with a pretty easy normal mode for the MGS crowd, but as stated before, the harder modes are still a true P* quality challenge.