Is It Wrong To Like DMC4...

#21darkdragon_9600Posted 2/16/2013 4:58:50 AM
TC:

Yeah, DMC4 stands to me as the best DMC design-wise. Vibrant colors when needed, bleak colors on darker places, labs have that futuristic feel, DAT BLIZZARD.

However, I must say that people give DMC3 little credit. While it had worse visuals, each area felt pretty damn unique, and the areas after Leviathan are all incredibly pretty. Not to mention the demon world was creative as hell and DmC takes many of it's ideas from that.

To me it goes DMC4>3>DMC=DmC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC2.

DmC had some cool stuff here and there, but too much bloom and having areas being mostly red, or mostly blue, and having too much oof the "WORLD IS OPENING, CRACKS AND FLOATING ROCKS AND **** YO" syndrome. DMC1 felt creepy, but the areas weren't all that great IMO.

DMC2 began fine, then we got to the city and it became crap.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#22SilentS89Posted 2/16/2013 5:22:20 AM
http://thesilentchief.com/2010/07/14/hiroyuki-kobayashi-devil-may-cry-4-was-made-to-appeal-to-women-gamers/

I believe that the more vibrant colors and less dark gothic aesthetics were part of DMC4's attempt to appeal to girls.

Before anyone gets all weird and defensive, I am in no way implying that liking the aesthetics of DMC4 lessens your masculinity. In fact I rather liked the bright and exuberant landscapes myself.
#23bobbysjobyPosted 2/16/2013 5:46:55 AM
Dmc4 was the worst. Good graphics but very un dmc environments, and not many of them. The blizzard was coil but the forest was out of a different game and the labs were dull. The castle was like dmc 1s without any of the erie creepiness
#24tehdudPosted 2/16/2013 5:51:49 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I agree about the environments. DmC has some nasty, uninspiring areas.

DmC has the best environments in any DMC game. This is not an opinion, it's an fact. You can hate DmC all you want, but the environments, you gotta agree that the game did right.

doesnt have any idea what fact means
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#25IamthekuzalolPosted 2/16/2013 5:54:25 AM
ZeroGearM posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
I agree about the environments. DmC has some nasty, uninspiring areas.

DmC has the best environments in any DMC game. This is not an opinion, it's an fact. You can hate DmC all you want, but the environments, you gotta agree that the game did right.

Facepalm.
#26ReliusCloverPosted 2/16/2013 7:25:41 AM(edited)
DMC4 had some fantastic looking stages. DmC looks like the cover of a bad movie. Everything is blue or orange. Ugly.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#27RetsuxDPosted 2/16/2013 2:16:25 PM
Second best to DMC1's.

The castle at night just takes it for me, I'm gonna try doing it without picking up the shiny stone, to see if it's anymore scary.
#28NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/16/2013 9:02:58 PM
My favorite part in DMC 4 was the area where Nero and Credo fought. The environments were beautiful.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.