Tameem reboots Mass effect.

#1produnerPosted 2/16/2013 7:32:03 AM
What if Mass effect was going to get a reboot that is directed by tameem? thoughts about the game and backlash? is the fanbase going to be called haterz and angry fanboys? they've already complained about the ending, but what if the whole franchise get dumped down and casualized even more , it is already a casualized shooter but what if that happened?
#2KyryloPosted 2/16/2013 7:35:24 AM
yes. they would
#3Overmind-NLPosted 2/16/2013 7:48:51 AM
Dumbed down in what aspect? Mass effect doesn't have a very deep system in terms of gameplay. It's succes is divided between the rich lore, sense of exploration and communication. NT, atleast in my opinion, failed to deliver an deep combat system and a sense of difficulty. The rest was oké. Different than previous installements, but oké.
---
XBOX live: Overmind NL
PSN: OvermindNL
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 2/16/2013 7:56:11 AM
I wouldn't be annoyed, but every entertained. The series fell apart and you could see cracks already in ME2.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#5produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:20:50 AM
Overmind-NL posted...
Dumbed down in what aspect? Mass effect doesn't have a very deep system in terms of gameplay. It's succes is divided between the rich lore, sense of exploration and communication. NT, atleast in my opinion, failed to deliver an deep combat system and a sense of difficulty. The rest was oké. Different than previous installements, but oké.

I play ME2 at higher difficulties and i'll till you if you don't play properly,use the abilities without thought, don't have a strategy and have a random build, you will get bopped hard, like on shotted by a krogan or die in seconds by some enemy waves. The combat isn't deep but requires strategy and thought at higher difficulties, but still, the gameplay is just a casualized shooter with weak RPG elements and skill/abilities system.

Overall, the combat is fine but not completely dumped down. If it was dumped down more with less RPG elements and less strategy, there is the time when people will complain and dump the series for being a mindless shooter.

Also, what if they limited the space exploration, limited the option of the story and brought characters with weak and bland personalities? fans have already been enraged by the dumped down story options (ending and interactions with characters).
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 2/16/2013 8:23:25 AM
produner posted...
Overmind-NL posted...

I play ME2 at higher difficulties and i'll till you if you don't play properly,use the abilities without thought, don't have a strategy and have a random build, you will get bopped hard, like on shotted by a krogan or die in seconds by some enemy waves. The combat isn't deep but requires strategy and thought at higher difficulties, but still, the gameplay is just a casualized shooter with weak RPG elements and skill/abilities system.

Overall, the combat is fine but not completely dumped down. If it was dumped down more with less RPG elements and less strategy, there is the time when people will complain and dump the series for being a mindless shooter.

Also, what if they limited the space exploration, limited the option of the story and brought characters with weak and bland personalities? fans have already been enraged by the dumped down story options (ending and interactions with characters).

I agree to an extent but remember the part on Insane when you have to defend a tower against Collectors on Horizon? That was abnormally frustrating mainly because of the poor character movements and cheap Scion power.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn