This games dialogue.

#1SwarlesPosted 2/16/2013 8:40:27 AM(edited)
I the past I have made it clear that I am an anti. But I decided that as a fan of DMC I should get this game before I continued to hate on it. Before I go on I would like to say that this game does have good gameplay. It is a good game. The problem is that it is not a good DMC game. Once I have finished it I will post up my complete thoughts on it. But before that I just wanted to say that this game has HORRIBLE dialogue. It completely lacks the cleverness of the originals. All it does is throw a bunch of cursing and anti society BS at you.

Also I am not just talking about the obvious stuff like with the succubus. In general most of Donte's lines are his attempts to be clever an mocking but he just comes of as being an douche who likes to swear. And finally why not add any taunts. I keep hitting select after I get a high style ranking and I get more sad everytime something doesn't happen.
#2MadigariPosted 2/16/2013 8:17:39 AM
Swarles posted...
But I decided that as a fan of DMC I should get this game before I continued to hate on it.

I don't understand. That's like hitting yourself in the crotch with a 2x4 so you can continue to dislike getting bashed in the crotch.

No one -needs- to get this game to dislike it.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/16/2013 8:18:43 AM
I don't think this game's gameplay is good. Either as a DMC or as a Hack 'n Slash. The dialogue is poor and it doesn't help that Dante and Vergil's voice actors don't give much of a toss.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4ReliusCloverPosted 2/16/2013 8:20:11 AM
Donte is too much of a coward to actually provoke his enemies. He just likes to talk big, but in battle, he's a chicken.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#5Swarles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:24:19 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I don't think this game's gameplay is good. Either as a DMC or as a Hack 'n Slash. The dialogue is poor and it doesn't help that Dante and Vergil's voice actors don't give much of a toss.

Once I have beaten the game I will talk more about the characters, but yes, the voices actors are not really that great.
#6Capt_HerlockPosted 2/16/2013 8:26:38 AM
Swarles posted...
I the past I have made it clear that I am an anti. But I decided that as a fan of DMC I should get this game before I continued to hate on it. Before I go on I would like to say that this game does have good gameplay. It is a good game. The problem is that it is not a good DMC game. Once I have finished it I will post up my complete thoughts on it. But before that I just wanted to say that this game has HORRIBLE dialogue. It completely lacks the cleverness of the originals. All it does is throw a bunch of cursing and anti society BS at you.

Also I am not just talking about the obvious stuff like the with the succubus. In general most of Donte's lines are his attempts to be clever an mocking but he just comes of as being an douche who likes to swear. And finally why not add any taunts. I keep hitting select after I get a high style ranking and I get more sad everytime something doesn't happen.

*nods head*
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#7KyryloPosted 2/16/2013 9:04:27 AM
Swarles posted...

Also I am not just talking about the obvious stuff like with the succubus. In general most of Donte's lines are his attempts to be clever an mocking but he just comes of as being an douche who likes to swear. And finally why not add any taunts. I keep hitting select after I get a high style ranking and I get more sad everytime something doesn't happen.

don't forget. According to those who played game swearing isn't issue.
#8LordKaizerPosted 2/16/2013 9:24:05 AM
Swarles posted...

you could watch the story on youtube without the need to play this garbage.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#9MishimaBloodPosted 2/16/2013 9:29:27 AM
No offence but..
1. There are like what, 200 topics already about how bad the dialogs are, no need to hear that again

2. There are already reviews (professional and not) posted everywere in YouTube and forums so I dont think your review will be be different from the others.

You came a bit late. We already know what this game is. In short

No lock-on
Trash dialogs
Gameplay gets boring after a while
Easy SSS and generally too easy even in the hardest difficulty
Worst ending ever in the series
Visuals are the only good thing in this game
On the verdic, good action game but not a DMC game and not worth killing the series for it.
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#10Swarles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:42:54 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
No offence but..
1. There are like what, 200 topics already about how bad the dialogs are, no need to hear that again

2. There are already reviews (professional and not) posted everywere in YouTube and forums so I dont think your review will be be different from the others.

You came a bit late. We already know what this game is. In short

No lock-on
Trash dialogs
Gameplay gets boring after a while
Easy SSS and generally too easy even in the hardest difficulty
Worst ending ever in the series
Visuals are the only good thing in this game
On the verdic, good action game but not a DMC game and not worth killing the series for it.

I posted mostly cause there are a lot of antis talking bad but few of them actually played through the game. I thought it would be nice if I did before say anything bad about it.