This games dialogue.

#11MishimaBloodPosted 2/16/2013 9:49:49 AM
Swarles posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
No offence but..
1. There are like what, 200 topics already about how bad the dialogs are, no need to hear that again

2. There are already reviews (professional and not) posted everywere in YouTube and forums so I dont think your review will be be different from the others.

You came a bit late. We already know what this game is. In short

No lock-on
Trash dialogs
Gameplay gets boring after a while
Easy SSS and generally too easy even in the hardest difficulty
Worst ending ever in the series
Visuals are the only good thing in this game
On the verdic, good action game but not a DMC game and not worth killing the series for it.

I posted mostly cause there are a lot of antis talking bad but few of them actually played through the game. I thought it would be nice if I did before say anything bad about it.

Believe me, if not all, at least 90% of them played it. Im an anti and im playing it on DMD now mission 14. An anti has more reason to play it than a pro. U know what I mean
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
#12DuckKiller84Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:29 AM
I keep hitting select after I get a high style ranking and I get more sad everytime something doesn't happen.

lmao
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#13Swarles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:34 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
Swarles posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
No offence but..
1. There are like what, 200 topics already about how bad the dialogs are, no need to hear that again

2. There are already reviews (professional and not) posted everywere in YouTube and forums so I dont think your review will be be different from the others.

No lock-on
Trash dialogs
On the verdic, good action game but not a DMC game and not worth killing the series for it.

I posted mostly cause there are a lot of antis talking bad but few of them actually played through the game. I thought it would be nice if I did before say anything bad about it.

Believe me, if not all, at least 90% of them played it. Im an anti and im playing it on DMD now mission 14. An anti has more reason to play it than a pro. U know what I mean

Working on mission 12 on Nephilim and yes most of what has been said is true. I feel like I am playing normal mode on DMC3. Really not that hard. Also I can't stand that there is no lock on. I hate dodging in this game.
#14Capt_HerlockPosted 2/16/2013 3:25:00 PM
Swarles posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
Swarles posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
No offence but..

No lock-on
Trash dialogs

Working on mission 12 on Nephilim and yes most of what has been said is true. I feel like I am playing normal mode on DMC3. Really not that hard. Also I can't stand that there is no lock on. I hate dodging in this game.

Dude, dodging in this game is way better because it isn't 3 buttons anymore. One thing I wish they kept from DMC2.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#15Psychochild27Posted 2/16/2013 3:36:31 PM(edited)
Capt_Herlock posted...

Dude, dodging in this game is way better because it isn't 3 buttons anymore. One thing I wish they kept from DMC2.

Well yeah, unless you want to use Devil or Angel dodges while going in a direction that won't get your face bashed in. In that case, it's the same number of inputs only somehow even more clumsy because I'm holding two shoulder buttons to pull it off.

No thanks.

/with all the I-Frames jumps gave you in DMC3/4, those were just as valid as a roll so long as you weren't dealing with overhead attacks that'd persist longer than the I-Frames on the jump. Huzzah one button evasive measures!
#16RetsuxDPosted 2/16/2013 3:39:52 PM
Table hopping all of Credo's spears at once.
A dream of that which will never occur.

I've only managed to TH one.
#17ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/16/2013 4:26:19 PM
Swarles posted...
I the past I have made it clear that I am an anti. But I decided that as a fan of DMC I should get this game before I continued to hate on it. Before I go on I would like to say that this game does have good gameplay. It is a good game. The problem is that it is not a good DMC game. Once I have finished it I will post up my complete thoughts on it. But before that I just wanted to say that this game has HORRIBLE dialogue. It completely lacks the cleverness of the originals. All it does is throw a bunch of cursing and anti society BS at you.

Also I am not just talking about the obvious stuff like with the succubus. In general most of Donte's lines are his attempts to be clever an mocking but he just comes of as being an douche who likes to swear. And finally why not add any taunts. I keep hitting select after I get a high style ranking and I get more sad everytime something doesn't happen.

Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?
#18Xtreme65Posted 2/16/2013 4:28:21 PM
What the hell is wrong with the dodging? This was one of the few issues I had with DMC1, and DMC3 without Trickster. I hated how I needed to be locked on for a dodge.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#19ninja_poopPosted 2/16/2013 4:37:57 PM
Old DMCs were clever? The only thing I found clever in DMC3 and 4 was when Nero made fun of the way Agnus talks. And even then, he was asking for it.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#20NeoTStylePosted 2/16/2013 6:05:04 PM(edited)
What the hell is wrong with the dodging? This was one of the few issues I had with DMC1, and DMC3 without Trickster. I hated how I needed to be locked on for a dodge.

Well you could always jump and abuse its invincibility frames. Not that hard to get down.