Trying to figure out global sales

#1fifinamboPosted 2/16/2013 8:29:11 AM(edited)
I'm trying to estimate global sales.

US - 187,000

UK - 70,000 (my estimate based on info that UK sales were 1/3 of DMC4 launch week sales)

Japan - 121,295 (source: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dmc/news/dmc_top_in_japan_but_sales_under_half_what_devil_may_cry_4_managed.html)

Other: ??

With just these estimated sales it comes to 378,295. However, this seems low compared to other estimates.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#2ReliusCloverPosted 2/16/2013 8:26:52 AM
Are you counting Xbox as well? I wager it's somewhere between 500k and 700k.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#3produnerPosted 2/16/2013 8:28:32 AM
ReliusClover posted...
Are you counting Xbox as well? I wager it's somewhere between 500k and 700k.

LOL xbox players playing hack and slash games, and a controversial one that is a downgrade from the popular DMC4 on xbox.
#4DarkJaydragonPosted 2/16/2013 8:30:34 AM
People playing it on xbox liked it, it's the polar opposite of this board.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:32:22 AM
Japan and UK are both factoring in XBox sales.

On further investigation, US is only PS3 sales. If anybody can find XBox sales for US I will add them in, but I don't think there is any accurate number right now for it...
---
#6DuckKiller84Posted 2/16/2013 8:44:57 AM(edited)
^ I'm pretty sure that the US figure includes Xbox. It was stated that PS3 accounted for 52% of the 187k figure.

Also, lay off the anti Xbox crap: I'm an Xbox owner (never bothered buying a PS3) and have played DMC games since around 2003 (went from PS2 to 360). I also love Bayonetta. Those are pretty much the only games that I play anymore. I refuse to buy DmC out of principle, plus, after borrowing it for a few days from a friend, I just don't think it's worth $60.

Oh, and I hang around this board because it's pretty active. You can also find me on the HD collection boards & the console DMC4 boards.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#7fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:46:10 AM
So, would you say this is an accurate number so far?

If it is just...wow. That is really bad. I don't think it's that low.
---
#8produnerPosted 2/16/2013 8:51:47 AM
DuckKiller84 posted...
^ I'm pretty sure that the US figure includes Xbox. It was stated that PS3 accounted for 52% of the 187k figure.

Also, lay off the anti Xbox crap: I'm an Xbox owner (never bothered buying a PS3) and have played DMC games since around 2003 (went from PS2 to 360). I also love Bayonetta. Those are pretty much the only games that I play anymore. I refuse to buy DmC out of principle, plus, after borrowing it for a few days from a friend, I just don't think it's worth $60.

Oh, and I hang around this board because it's pretty active. You can also find me on the HD collection boards & the console DMC4 boards.

I have started the new gen gaming on the 360 but now i play on both consoles and rarely PC. I'll tell you what, ps3's community consists of more old school gamers, RPG fans, HnS fans, more people from the fighting game community ( even though xbox has less input lag and better online connection) and more fans of non-mainstream games and games from niche genres.

Xbox360 has more mainstream players and games like shooters and other similar games ( cod, halo, ME , GOW....etc).
#9DuckKiller84Posted 2/16/2013 9:03:03 AM(edited)
Well, I don't think that it's quite accurate, mainly because the dates that those numbers came out on have to be taken into account. The US figure is only for January, and the article w/ the Japan figure is dated January 24th... I have no idea about the others though.

I'm guessing that the 700k figure that's floating around is probably closer to reality as of now :/

@produner (formerly proudner?) Yeah, fair enough. I was just noticing the typical startup of another childish console (in this case Xbox) bashing session, so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#10fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:05:10 AM
DuckKiller84 posted...
Well, I don't think that it's quite accurate, mainly because the dates that those numbers came out on have to be taken into account. The US figure is only for January, and the article w/ the Japan figure is dated January 24th... I have no idea about the others though.

I'm guessing that the 700k figure that's floating around is probably closer to reality as of now :/

@produner (formerly proudner?) Yeah, fair enough. I was just noticing the typical startup of another childish console (in this case Xbox) bashing session, so I figured I'd put my 2 cents in.

Where's that figure coming from?
---