Is my game glitched or is there some stupid trick to this fight?(spoilers ch20)

#1SquallMeanyHeadPosted 2/16/2013 10:16:39 AM
I'm fighting the last boss and when it's near dead it takes a knee and I'm no longer allowed to hit it. So I check a guide an it said to use devil trigger when this happens.

Well that accomplished nothing, an I've taken the boss down to a knee a number of times and its getting boring. What am I missing ?

Thanks in advance
---
Currently Playing: -
#2maniakiddPosted 2/16/2013 10:19:05 AM
What the guide said was right. I think your game might be glitched. Try restarting?
---
Casuals may Cry...
#3lazythakidPosted 2/16/2013 10:20:39 AM
wait till he takes a knee then turn on dt n hit em to activate the cut scene. barring that ya must b a glitch
---
psn same as here
#4SquallMeanyHead(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:24:40 AM
I guess it's a glitch. I've restarted a few times. But when he takes a knee the close still blocks for him and I can't attack him and my devil trigger runs out and it starts the cycle again
---
#5SquallMeanyHead(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:34:13 AM
It finally ended. Had to devil trigger than shoot him with the shotgun. That worked for whatever reason.
---
#6QCTeamkillPosted 2/16/2013 10:53:43 AM
When you devil trigger, the Vergil clone starts floating.

You have to devil trigger AFTER he takes a knee. Otherwise he'll spawn to protect Vergil without the floating effect.
#7DarkIconoclastPosted 2/16/2013 10:57:19 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
When you devil trigger, the Vergil clone starts floating.

You have to devil trigger AFTER he takes a knee. Otherwise he'll spawn to protect Vergil without the floating effect.

Otherwise I struck Vergil and brought him back to full health, and had to restart the fight. -_-

---
There's a road that I must travel, May it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones, Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees