This game's dialogue in a nutshell.

#41KyryloPosted 2/18/2013 3:13:41 AM
Damaras posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...
Well, that's just your opinion.

*looking at sales* yeah, right.

So by that definition, Call of Duty must be one hell of a good quality awesome perfect game.

no, it means people are more interested in CoD than DmC. Read my conversation above. Sales = Interest. It doesn't mean quality, but neither is reviews.
CoD: Black Ops -9/10 on GS while DmC 7,5/10
#42DamarasPosted 2/18/2013 3:16:43 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Damaras posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

So by that definition, Call of Duty must be one hell of a good quality awesome perfect game.

no, it means people are more interested in CoD than DmC. Read my conversation above. Sales = Interest. It doesn't mean quality, but neither is reviews.

'k, I was about to say. Ah well, I guess COD proves that the formula of ''never change a winning team'' works. Sadly.

There's no room for innovation of risks anymore these days.
#43KyryloPosted 2/18/2013 3:21:05 AM
Damaras posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Damaras posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

'k, I was about to say. Ah well, I guess COD proves that the formula of ''never change a winning team'' works. Sadly.

There's no room for innovation of risks anymore these days.

Well, I can say that I personally don't consider DmC innovative risk. It would be the one IF they deicded to make new IP rivaling DMC. Than it would be risk. They wanted more fans and keep old crow and the same time. That was their main mistake. Because they lost part of old crowd and new fans just aren't there.
#44Capt_HerlockPosted 2/18/2013 3:29:07 AM
To be honest, this new DmC renewed my interest in the franchise, after 4 I was pretty much done.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#45KyryloPosted 2/18/2013 3:31:17 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
To be honest, this new DmC renewed my interest in the franchise, after 4 I was pretty much done.

If next one will be DmC2 I just loose any interest I left, because after DmC it's fallen pretty low.
#46Capt_HerlockPosted 2/18/2013 3:42:41 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

If next one will be DmC2 I just loose any interest I left, because after DmC it's fallen pretty low.

Different strokes but I can understand you like the old DMC games, nothing wrong with that they are all pretty awesome (2 is debatable.) I kinda went through the same thing with DC when they relaunched a year ago. To stay on topic, it's never easy losing a character you love, hell I find myself missing "old" Dante at times. You just have to remember, it's a reboot things will be the same in different ways and at times I like the older Dante better and other times I like the newer Dante more, Newer Dante doesn't annoy me as much. To wrap up, changing it up every now and then can keep things fresh.
---
#47KyryloPosted 2/18/2013 3:47:13 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

Different strokes but I can understand you like the old DMC games, nothing wrong with that they are all pretty awesome (2 is debatable.) I kinda went through the same thing with DC when they relaunched a year ago. To stay on topic, it's never easy losing a character you love, hell I find myself missing "old" Dante at times. You just have to remember, it's a reboot things will be the same in different ways and at times I like the older Dante better and other times I like the newer Dante more, Newer Dante doesn't annoy me as much. To wrap up, changing it up every now and then can keep things fresh.

don't get me wrong, it's not only Dante. They removed everything I liked about old games and the only new addition I like isn't pays off. Enemy designs, enemy AI, RE style of enemy appearance in rooms (not wave, rather 3-4 enemies at the time), gothic style, cool bosses, sympathy for the characters, all of this was sacrificed in DmC. Without it this game has nothing to offer for me aside from combat in HnS style.
#48Capt_HerlockPosted 2/18/2013 3:53:28 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

don't get me wrong, it's not only Dante. They removed everything I liked about old games and the only new addition I like isn't pays off. Enemy designs, enemy AI, RE style of enemy appearance in rooms (not wave, rather 3-4 enemies at the time), gothic style, cool bosses, sympathy for the characters, all of this was sacrificed in DmC. Without it this game has nothing to offer for me aside from combat in HnS style.

I was one of those guys that considered Dante ruined in 3-4, 3 mostly. DmC Dante reminds me more of DMC 1 Dante (with more naughty language). The gameplay in 3 was so solid though I just dealt with it and SE had Vergil (Score!). 4 was great up until you had to play the game backwards as Dante.
---
#49KyryloPosted 2/18/2013 4:04:40 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...

I was one of those guys that considered Dante ruined in 3-4, 3 mostly. DmC Dante reminds me more of DMC 1 Dante (with more naughty language). The gameplay in 3 was so solid though I just dealt with it and SE had Vergil (Score!). 4 was great up until you had to play the game backwards as Dante.

I don't see any connection between new Dante and DMC1 Dante. I liked every his incarnation aside from this one. I could deal with it if at least enemies and bosses were interesting and story engaging for me. Which is not. Despite initial dislike I expected much more from DmC than they delivered.
#50Capt_HerlockPosted 2/18/2013 4:08:25 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Capt_Herlock posted...

I don't see any connection between new Dante and DMC1 Dante. I liked every his incarnation aside from this one. I could deal with it if at least enemies and bosses were interesting and story engaging for me. Which is not. Despite initial dislike I expected much more from DmC than they delivered.

DmC Dante doesn't annoy me as much as 3-4 Dante. The scene where he rides on rocket in 3 was just sooooooooo stupid.
---