instead of just bashing DmC, lets try to look think of some positives

#21akira_hisyamPosted 2/17/2013 5:59:28 AM
it hard to find it positives maybe pc version are better than console but this game seem lack of replay value.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#22LordKaizerPosted 2/17/2013 6:02:28 AM
positive on this game? made me stop disliking DMC 2 like i used to be, does that count?
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#23SilentS89Posted 2/17/2013 6:03:21 AM
LordKaizer posted...
DrLight66 posted...
It isn't as awful as DMC2.

In DMC 2 defense, it was the 2nd game of the series and it added new mechanic to the gameplay that got perfected in DMC 3 and 4.

In DmC's defense, uh, I got nothing.
#24LordKaizerPosted 2/17/2013 6:43:00 AM
SilentS89 posted...
LordKaizer posted...
DrLight66 posted...
It isn't as awful as DMC2.

In DMC 2 defense, it was the 2nd game of the series and it added new mechanic to the gameplay that got perfected in DMC 3 and 4.

In DmC's defense, uh, I got nothing.

i'd like to add another point In DMC 2 defense, since it was disliked by many, they got the idea on how to make DMC series for the better and know what works and what not.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#25ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/17/2013 7:15:15 AM
maniakidd posted...
Anything positive?lets see... U get to mod donte to look like a clown in the pc version?

But he already looks like a clown unmodded...
#26MadigariPosted 2/17/2013 8:20:18 AM(edited)
The camera is far less awful than in the earlier DMCs. Seriously, I'm trying to platinum DMC2 right now, and I want to hunt down the camera programmer and punch him in the boob.

EDIT: Also, wall run. So. Freakin'. Awful. >:|
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#27doug123Posted 2/17/2013 10:18:54 AM(edited)
-Best PC port of a Capcom game yet.
-Better than DMC2 and 4.
-A worthy reboot to the series and interesting re-imagining
-Better story and characterization, as well as a more cinematic approach to the story telling.
-Bob Barbas was a terrific and memorable boss fight. I certainly wouldn't want all my boss fights like that, but it worked well here.
-Some great visuals and set pieces.
-Best camera in the series.
#28FulvipPosted 2/17/2013 10:21:27 AM
doug123 posted...
-Best PC port of a Capcom game yet.
-Better than DMC2 and 4.
-A worthy reboot to the series and interesting re-imagining
-Better story and characterization, as well as a more cinematic approach to the story telling.
-Bob Barbas was a terrific and memorable boss fight. I certainly wouldn't want all my boss fights like that, but it worked well here.
-Some great visuals and set pieces.
-Best camera in the series.

True. Half true. Nope. Nope. Ripping of the worst KH boss, so nope. Not really. True.

2.5 / 7
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#29devak108Posted 2/17/2013 10:22:03 AM
Dem Shakespearean plot twists.
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#30doug123Posted 2/17/2013 10:22:19 AM
coolguy2007 posted...
Positive?
1- Capcom Lost money
2- The world has finally realized how Shakespearean and myth breaking Tameems writing is.

What did Tameem write in this game? It was written by the well respected writer Alex Garland, who has a far better writing resume than anyone that has touched any previous DMC games.